Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE MORISON: “ GET EXCITED BY THE NEW TRANSFERS “

Sat May 07, 2022 10:22 pm

STEVE MORISON:

Steve Morison tells Cardiff City fans; “get excited about transfers this Summer.”

"The hard work doesn't start now, it started ages ago," he said of transfers. "It started in the January transfer window. It was a case of making sure I was in charge beyond that so I could implement the work I put in place.

"All being well, the first signing we make, we first started doing reports on in February. I don't just put a load of names in a machine and a load of names come out, there is a process to it.

Hugill signed off with a goal and Cody Drameh put in a typically excellent display, one which prompted the travelling fans to start a new chant of "Cody Drameh, we want you to stay!"

"Trust me, I have asked him to stay!" Morison laughed when asked about the chant.

“Whether he does, or not, remains to be seen, but few would begrudge him returning to Leeds United or even sealing a loan move to a club higher up in the Championship - or even the Premier League.”

And that was Morison's overriding thoughts on the youngster. "Cody, I love the kid," he added. "He said to me as we were walking off, 'Thanks for keeping your word'. I was like, 'I said you'd play, where you would play and how you would play'. He said ever since the presentation he knew he wanted to be a part of it.

"I said to him, 'Go on now and reach where you need to reach, because you're on the way now'. I am really, really pleased for him."

Morison said Will Vaulks and Tommy Doyle were both omitted after taking knocks in training during the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: STEVE MORISON: “ GET EXCITED BY THE NEW TRANSFERS “

Sun May 08, 2022 12:01 am

Steve Morison tells Cardiff City fans; “get excited about transfers this Summer.”

Noted :thumbup:

Sun May 08, 2022 5:49 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 08, 2022 4:40 pm

I hope that I am excited by the new signings. Bearing in mind what we have had to endure during 21/22, I am sure there will be those with reservations.

I await the signings, and we'll see how much enthusiasm it brings.

Sun May 08, 2022 5:43 pm

its like building a wall.

Drameh would be an excellent brick and so would Doyle. That would be a start of a good foundation.

I would like to see Vaulks remain and make him captain.

As for our youngsters I just feel they all need another season. We will need to bring in experience to help them along.

Sun May 08, 2022 6:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:its like building a wall.

Drameh would be an excellent brick and so would Doyle. That would be a start of a good foundation.

I would like to see Vaulks remain and make him captain.

As for our youngsters I just feel they all need another season. We will need to bring in experience to help them along.

Drameh and Doyle would be a massive boost. Unfortunately, I can't see either of them being back here next season. We can hope though. Id keep vaulks around, we are going to need a bit of experience in the squad. Ideally, Colwill, Davies, King etc should have had a loan stint but they've been thrown in the deepend this season. They will be better for it next season but they definitely need some experience around them.

We need at least 8 players next season, probably 10, where the majority need to be going straight into the starting 11. I'm looking forward to it, personally. I think Morison will take us away from the direct football we've been stuck with for years.

Sun May 08, 2022 6:28 pm

How can you get excited by what you have no idea about, what signings, feed us something ffs

Sun May 08, 2022 6:57 pm

I think SM and probably mainly the media department have done quite a poor promoting SM. He is a bit spikey and gives the impression that he totally distrusts the media (even the in-house?) and is cagey and almost dismissive of their questions.

After listening to this podcast (BBC sounds)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5c3s8

i believe he has a plan and those behind the scenes must trust him and their process.

I am excited that we'll see a totally different squad next season and by the sound of it, it won't be full of big physical lads

Sun May 08, 2022 7:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I think SM and probably mainly the media department have done quite a poor promoting SM. He is a bit spikey and gives the impression that he totally distrusts the media (even the in-house?) and is cagey and almost dismissive of their questions.

After listening to this podcast (BBC sounds)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5c3s8

i believe he has a plan and those behind the scenes must trust him and their process.

I am excited that we'll see a totally different squad next season and by the sound of it, it won't be full of big physical lads

Du du du SM productions announces a radical new concept in football. Scoring a goal in the first half and before the opposition have done so

Mon May 09, 2022 9:03 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:How can you get excited by what you have no idea about, what signings, feed us something ffs

Get stomach ache filling you with 10+ new arrivals :laughing6:

Mon May 09, 2022 9:46 am

I was not excited about January as did not have a clue what the two youngsters were like but what a revaluation for us I hope he is picking up more youngster like he did in January that take me by surprise