Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fan miles

Sun May 08, 2022 6:42 am

Apologies if this has been brought up before but is it possible to see where City lie in away support when taking into account miles travelled per game? Beyond me but I’m sure there’s someone clever out there with means.

Re: Fan miles

Sun May 08, 2022 9:48 am

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:Apologies if this has been brought up before but is it possible to see where City lie in away support when taking into account miles travelled per game? Beyond me but I’m sure there’s someone clever out there with means.

Probably only stat that you will find is which fans travelled the furthest in a season ? Fans per mile wont exist as to much disparency with fans travelling one team may average 7k away fans while another have 2k .....Midlands teams travel less miles than ccfc so generally take more fans ect ect

Tue May 10, 2022 5:00 am

Boro fans have furthest to travel this season, however they finished top of the pile this year, just pipping Forest and Sheff U. this is a very good effort given the extra miles done and the fact they were never more than on the coat tails of the playoffs most of the season.

Tue May 10, 2022 8:06 am

oriss wrote:Boro fans have furthest to travel this season, however they finished top of the pile this year, just pipping Forest and Sheff U. this is a very good effort given the extra miles done and the fact they were never more than on the coat tails of the playoffs most of the season.

I thought Swansea then us had the most ?

Tue May 10, 2022 9:06 am

Boro travel the furthest followed by Bournemouth Swansea and ourselfs.

https://sportsvenuetracker.com/leagues/ ... orest.html

Also gotta consider Preston Blackburn Barnsley offer hudge allocation to away fans and there are a lot of clubs with in 90mins travelling of these clubs.

Tue May 10, 2022 4:36 pm

Pencoed wrote:Boro travel the furthest followed by Bournemouth Swansea and ourselfs.

https://sportsvenuetracker.com/leagues/ ... orest.html

Also gotta consider Preston Blackburn Barnsley offer hudge allocation to away fans and there are a lot of clubs with in 90mins travelling of these clubs.

This is as the crow flies which is a shit way of measuring. Probably wouldn't change things dramatically if it was done by road but I don't see why they didn't just do it properly.