A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CCFC’s response to the Trust’s open letter

Mon May 09, 2022 6:16 pm

https://thefsa.org.uk/about/affiliates-and-associates/

Here you go

Who are you going to believe , the trust ...or the club who lied to us about investment to change the colours ?

Argue amongst yourselves

Mon May 09, 2022 6:26 pm

Sludge wrote:https://thefsa.org.uk/about/affiliates-and-associates/

Here you go

Who are you going to believe , the trust ...or the club who lied to us about investment to change the colours ?

Argue amongst yourselves

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 is this not true then ? .

Mon May 09, 2022 6:27 pm

How extremely unprofessional from the Club. Couldn’t run a party in a brewery. Utter shambles

Mon May 09, 2022 6:31 pm

Here you go

Argue amongst yourselves

Doesnt matter who you believe as it doesnt alter anything... the trust is a supporters entity and not run by club ....... so tan can ignore their request/demand like other clubs have ignored their trusts demands/requests for someone on the board or anything else.... not sure what they were expecting knowing tans previous form in relation to fans... maybe trust will organise fan boycott next season in protest at being ignored.

Mon May 09, 2022 6:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Here you go

Argue amongst yourselves

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust was de-registered as a mutual organisation/Trust from the Financial Conduct Authority in 2016 is this not true then ? .

I have no idea but it's listed as a trust with the football supporters association so that will do for me . You are an odd bloke wez , yet another of our clubs fans doing tans work for him .

Mon May 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Here you go

Argue amongst yourselves

I have no idea but it's listed as a trust with the football supporters association so that will do for me . You are an odd bloke wez , yet another of our clubs fans doing tans work for him .
Oh the irony coming from you my cowbridge friend :lol: how is it odd to ask if a statement my football club has said is true or not ,you've come on this forum saying the club are lying I've asked you to prove it ,I don't know either way if it's a lie or not hence why I'm asking .

Mon May 09, 2022 7:30 pm

Cardiff city Trust isnt register with the financial conduct authority? So is the statement right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Wow what a breakup....

The jilted boyfriend letter then the fcuk you, I have moved on and i was cheating response.

A bit like a Bristol vs Swansea game, not a fan of either side.

The club needed to take the higher ground but what a condescending entitled rambling load of tosh from the trust or should i say the small group of individuals representing no one but themselves.

Any football ?

Tue May 10, 2022 6:28 am

I’m not a Trust fan, I actually think they achieve nothing and they spend most of their time dithering.

Just look at their letter it was way way to long and I like many others got bored of it and never read it all.

But they do have a point, Our club are getting more and more distance from our fans. And yes we do need proper football fans on the board and people who genuinely love our club.

We say we want to follow Luton & Huddersfield’s example, well I know both clubs well and their fans and they are run by actual people who support and love their clubs and really care.people who were actually once supporters from the terraces.

Re: CCFC BOARD response to the Trust’s open letter

Tue May 10, 2022 6:48 am

Cardiff City have slammed the Supporters' Trust in a stunning response to an open letter sent directly to owner Vincent Tan.

The club's board came out fighting on Wednesday afternoon, declaring Cardiff City Supporters' Trust "an unrecognised official entity" and accusing its leadership of a "self-serving agenda against the club they claim to support".

The move comes hours after details emerged of a letter sent by the Trust to owner Vincent Tan, calling for changes at boardroom level amid claims of a lack of transparency and communication.

Tue May 10, 2022 7:19 am

CCFC TRUST:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227543

Tue May 10, 2022 7:49 am

wez1927 wrote:Cardiff city Trust isnt register with the financial conduct authority? So is the statement right.

This is the point I was trying and obviously, failing, to make in my initial post yesterday.

Unless Trusts are properly constituted with the correct governance and constitution behind them they open themselves up to significant criticism and can't hope to get a seat at the table of the club they seek to represent.

Unless they are registered by the FCA it raises questions about the governance of the current organisation that calls itself a trust. If I was a member I would now have some concerns about what is happening to the money that I give to the trust which is completely unregulated. Would you take out a loan with an unregulated company ? Would you even go on holiday with a firm not registered to ABTA ?

These registrations are there for a reason and, in the main, it is to safeguard the money/interests of the members/customers.

Despite the "Trust" responding to the club statement it is they who are twisting the narrative, the last paragraph of their statement is as follows:

“We can also confirm that we have continued to be recognised as a group by Football Supporters’ Association ever since we ceased to be a formal Mutual Society and that we are in the final stages of registration with the Financial Conduct Authority as a formal Community Society. The comment of not meeting the “minimum standards” of FSA membership is therefore just simply untrue.

The fact that as things stand they have not completed the final stages of registration dictates that the club is correct, they aren't registered. Simple.

Similarly, if they aren't registered whether they meet the "minimum standards" is neither here or there, they aren't registered so can't prove they have met those standards.

As I said, I'm all for well run Supporters Trusts, as long as they are properly and democratically run. This Trust needs to get it's act together and then use that power to represent supporters.

In my eyes their response should have been "Fair enough, we'll get our act together and then, when we are properly registered, can we discuss opening a dialogue", that then gives them a more solid platform to challenge and put the future onus on the club.

I know some people on here think I will defend the current regime blindly but I honestly don't. I just happen to think the current regime is the best we can hope for at the moment, that doesn't mean that a vibrant, well run Supporters Trust is something I disagree with. That dialogue is one of the biggest issues in professional football at the moment and even at top clubs throughout UK and Europe the failed Super League demonstrated how far away from the fans football is moving.

People using this as just another thing to have a go at Tan with really need to look at the whole picture and, frankly, the Trust are a million miles from being blameless here :bluebird:

Tue May 10, 2022 7:49 am

Reply:

Nigel Harris:

A shocking, quite disgusting response but is anyone surprised?

The current hierarchy has shown scant regard for any communications, open or otherwise, with fans for far too long.

It really does them no favours when all support is needed and bridges should be built to progress.

Tue May 10, 2022 7:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

Nigel Harris:

The current hierarchy has shown scant regard for any communications, open or otherwise, with fans for far too long.

It really does them no favours when all support is needed and bridges should be built to progress.

Why do you only show negative reply s from Facebook?

Tue May 10, 2022 7:53 am

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Cardiff city Trust isnt register with the financial conduct authority? So is the statement right.

This is the point I was trying and obviously, failing, to make in my initial post yesterday.

Unless Trusts are properly constituted with the correct governance and constitution behind them they open themselves up to significant criticism and can't hope to get a seat at the table of the club they seek to represent.

Unless they are registered by the FCA it raises questions about the governance of the current organisation that calls itself a trust. If I was a member I would now have some concerns about what is happening to the money that I give to the trust which is completely unregulated. Would you take out a loan with an unregulated company ? Would you even go on holiday with a firm not registered to ABTA ?

These registrations are there for a reason and, in the main, it is to safeguard the money/interests of the members/customers.

Despite the "Trust" responding to the club statement it is they who are twisting the narrative, the last paragraph of their statement is as follows:

“We can also confirm that we have continued to be recognised as a group by Football Supporters’ Association ever since we ceased to be a formal Mutual Society and that we are in the final stages of registration with the Financial Conduct Authority as a formal Community Society. The comment of not meeting the “minimum standards” of FSA membership is therefore just simply untrue.

The fact that as things stand they have not completed the final stages of registration dictates that the club is correct, they aren't registered. Simple.

Similarly, if they aren't registered whether they meet the "minimum standards" is neither here or there, they aren't registered so can't prove they have met those standards.

As I said, I'm all for well run Supporters Trusts, as long as they are properly and democratically run. This Trust needs to get it's act together and then use that power to represent supporters.

In my eyes their response should have been "Fair enough, we'll get our act together and then, when we are properly registered, can we discuss opening a dialogue", that then gives them a more solid platform to challenge and put the future onus on the club.

I know some people on here think I will defend the current regime blindly but I honestly don't. I just happen to think the current regime is the best we can hope for at the moment, that doesn't mean that a vibrant, well run Supporters Trust is something I disagree with. That dialogue is one of the biggest issues in professional football at the moment and even at top clubs throughout UK and Europe the failed Super League demonstrated how far away from the fans football is moving.

People using this as just another thing to have a go at Tan with really need to look at the whole picture and, frankly, the Trust are a million miles from being blameless here :bluebird:

Great Post

Tue May 10, 2022 7:58 am

Cardiff City Supporters club (CCSC) are aware of the recent issues highlighted on social media by the Cardiff City Supporters Trust and of the football clubs response. CCSC are unaware of the details surrounding these issues and therefore are unable to make any direct comment.

However as an organisation, CCSC has always had a healthy working relationship with the football club which has been cemented over the years by regular meetings with board members and senior staff at the club. These meetings have always facilitated honest, frank and respectful exchanges of views from both parties. The football club has provided us with regular opportunities to convey the views and concerns of both our members and fans in general, and we believe that they have where possible, taken these views into account.

As an organisation we have no issues with the current level of communication and relationship between ourselves and Cardiff City football Club

Tue May 10, 2022 8:55 am

Keith Morgan has today responded to the club's statement:

"In view of the comments made by the club we have drafted the below statement.

Keith Morgan, chair of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, responding to the statement from Cardiff City said “We are very disappointed at the response from the club. We will not flinch from asking sometimes difficult but pertinent questions about the club we love and support.

“To suggest we are a group of self-serving individuals is not only insulting but patently wrong. Many of our board members have been fans of the club for more 50 years and we will continue to support our club long after the current directors have departed.

“Of course, we back supporter representation on the club’s board with a representative democratically elected. That is something recommended by the UK Government’s Fans’-led Review which will be implemented over the next few years. It was made perfectly clear in the review that clubs should no longer pay lip service to its supporters.

“The Trust is proud to have organised the fundraising for the iconic Fred Keenor Statue, surely an example of our love for the club, along with raising thousands of pounds for charity and in recent times organised two foodbank collections, with support from club staff, to help those in food poverty.

“We are always open for dialogue – something we have been crying out for – and we hope the powers that be will engage as we’ve been trying to do so for many months.

This has to be about the future of the club and its relationship with the people that matter most, the fans of this great club.

“The Trust was asked by the club – which we were happy to do –to handle the money donated from the Ukraine collections at the Cardiff City Stadium. The Trust has been liaising with local representatives of Ukrainian charities to target the funds collected at specific initiatives. It begs the question why the club then doesn’t consider us to be a ‘proper’ fans’ group?

“We can also confirm that we have continued to be recognised as a group by Football Supporters’ Association ever since we ceased to be a formal Mutual Society and that we are in the final stages of registration with the Financial Conduct Authority as a formal Community Society. The comment of not meeting the “minimum standards” of FSA membership is therefore just simply untrue.”

Tue May 10, 2022 11:54 am

Here you go Wes

http://www.ccfctrust.org/

Tue May 10, 2022 11:56 am

wez1927 wrote:Cardiff City Supporters club (CCSC) are aware of the recent issues highlighted on social media by the Cardiff City Supporters Trust and of the football clubs response. CCSC are unaware of the details surrounding these issues and therefore are unable to make any direct comment.

However as an organisation, CCSC has always had a healthy working relationship with the football club which has been cemented over the years by regular meetings with board members and senior staff at the club. These meetings have always facilitated honest, frank and respectful exchanges of views from both parties. The football club has provided us with regular opportunities to convey the views and concerns of both our members and fans in general, and we believe that they have where possible, taken these views into account.

As an organisation we have no issues with the current level of communication and relationship between ourselves and Cardiff City football Club

Well that's a complete joke . The club tells the supporters club to jump ....the supporters club say how high Mr tan ?

That's been basically written for the supporters club to sign

Complete joke

Tue May 10, 2022 11:57 am

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Great Post

Utter bollocks you bunch of tan creeps

Tue May 10, 2022 11:58 am

wez1927 wrote:

Nigel Harris:

You are such a club creep fecking hell

Tue May 10, 2022 11:59 am

Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Great Post

Strange bloke you are frankie boy :lol: trust been caught out and people point it out to you and you get all defensive.

Tue May 10, 2022 12:01 pm

Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Nigel Harris:

You are such a club creep fecking hell

:lol: I've known you for 35 years and you have never once been happy who ever owned the club ,so your opinion doesn't really matter :lol: let it go ,watch the footy forget the politics of it all as you can't do anything about it .

Tue May 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Great Post

Firstly, I creep to no one in life or on-line, including imbeciles like you sitting behind their keyboards.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your intellect and tell us what exactly you regard as "bollocks" in the posts you've quoted :roll:

Or is it simply the fact that you can't actually bring yourself to admit/recognise that there is more than one side to this story ?

Tue May 10, 2022 2:06 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Great Post

Firstly, I creep to no one in life or on-line, including imbeciles like you sitting behind their keyboards.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us with your intellect and tell us what exactly you regard as "bollocks" in the posts you've quoted :roll:

Or is it simply the fact that you can't actually bring yourself to admit/recognise that there is more than one side to this story ?

Paul is the original victor meldrew,a right misery gutts untill he gets a few beers in him .or he's in cowbridge sorting out the few jacks which from time to time make an appearance :lol:

Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm

gazthebluebird1 wrote:Whether it's a Trust or not the people involved in writing this letter are paying supporters/customers of the football club with genuine concerns of how their club is being run. To dismiss them as 'not being reconigised' just shows how out of touch the board are with the fans.

They are saying that the trust as an organisation is not recognised not the actual individuals, that’s a massive difference and I’m with the club on that score. Sometimes the trust do more harm than good unfortunately.

Tue May 10, 2022 3:52 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:And within that response you have Vincent Tan. Power crazy, beyond reproach.

Asking for togetherness and positivity... and we get.. this.

Proof if ever you need it that our club is run by NON FOOTBALL people without a care in the world for the club,its overall welfare or its fans its.

This is what I saw a few years back and I was criticised by calling Tan a dictator.

Nothing to do with Tan roathie. Highly condescending letter is met with a similarly condescending response.You solve nothing from that approach except to get as good as you give.

Spot on :clap:

Tue May 10, 2022 3:56 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:The fans ask for 'togetherness' and the board reply with an answer like that? :shock:

Surely a response like that will make the divide between club and fans even wider?

Why? The supporters trust don't represent cardiff city fans on the whole. They represent themselves.

Tue May 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:And within that response you have Vincent Tan. Power crazy, beyond reproach.

Asking for togetherness and positivity... and we get.. this.

Proof if ever you need it that our club is run by NON FOOTBALL people without a care in the world for the club,its overall welfare or its fans its.

This is what I saw a few years back and I was criticised by calling Tan a dictator.

Nothing to do with Tan roathie. Highly condescending letter is met with a similarly condescending response.You solve nothing from that approach except to get as good as you give.

Spot on :clap:

I tend to agree that the Trust letter got the response it warranted; but I can tell you 100% Barclay1 is not Roathie

I've met Jonny at the CCS and he is a genuine guy and Bluebird supporter; unlike the fraudulent narcissist

Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Sludge wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Here you go

Argue amongst yourselves

No idea...? :shock:

That's the first fact you've written since embroiling yourself in the thread :laughing6:

Honest question: are you a Trust member?

You've made some pretty bold comments; most of which have been pushed back... :roll: