Cardiff city Supporters club statement

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby wez1927 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:56 am

Cardiff City Supporters club (CCSC) are aware of the recent issues highlighted on social media by the Cardiff City Supporters Trust and of the football clubs response. CCSC are unaware of the details surrounding these issues and therefore are unable to make any direct comment.

However as an organisation, CCSC has always had a healthy working relationship with the football club which has been cemented over the years by regular meetings with board members and senior staff at the club. These meetings have always facilitated honest, frank and respectful exchanges of views from both parties. The football club has provided us with regular opportunities to convey the views and concerns of both our members and fans in general, and we believe that they have where possible, taken these views into account.

As an organisation we have no issues with the current level of communication and relationship between ourselves and Cardiff City football Club
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am

wez1927 wrote:Cardiff City Supporters club (CCSC) are aware of the recent issues highlighted on social media by the Cardiff City Supporters Trust and of the football clubs response. CCSC are unaware of the details surrounding these issues and therefore are unable to make any direct comment.

However as an organisation, CCSC has always had a healthy working relationship with the football club which has been cemented over the years by regular meetings with board members and senior staff at the club. These meetings have always facilitated honest, frank and respectful exchanges of views from both parties. The football club has provided us with regular opportunities to convey the views and concerns of both our members and fans in general, and we believe that they have where possible, taken these views into account.

As an organisation we have no issues with the current level of communication and relationship between ourselves and Cardiff City football Club



Very interesting ....besides the board having problems with the trust its blatantly obvious the trust members also have a problem regarding the board equally... and theres only one winner in this
arguement unless trust changes tac in how they deal with board... no matter who's right or wrong in this matter.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 27061
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby arri potta » Tue May 10, 2022 9:44 am

well if the owner and board buggered off, the trust would not be needed or get involved (correctly or incorrectly), and we could all move on.

and maybe we'd all be happier and in a better position for the new season, not seeing one legged bargains and youngsters tossed to the lions because they have a bad 20 minutes in a game, but actual proper funding to have a go at a good season.

oh well back to sleep and dreaming again.

wake me up when tan and his cronies have have gone and i might spend some money down there.
arri potta
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby wez1927 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:46 am

arri potta wrote:well if the owner and board buggered off, the trust would not be needed or get involved (correctly or incorrectly), and we could all move on.

and maybe we'd all be happier and in a better position for the new season, not seeing one legged bargains and youngsters tossed to the lions because they have a bad 20 minutes in a game, but actual proper funding to have a go at a good season.

oh well back to sleep and dreaming again.

wake me up when tan and his cronies have have gone and i might spend some money down there.

Come on the new owners will get the sane treatment just like ,all previous owners ,ive never known any owners to please all the fans .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby Blueberry Jam » Tue May 10, 2022 9:50 am

arri potta wrote:well if the owner and board buggered off, the trust would not be needed or get involved (correctly or incorrectly), and we could all move on.

and maybe we'd all be happier and in a better position for the new season, not seeing one legged bargains and youngsters tossed to the lions because they have a bad 20 minutes in a game, but actual proper funding to have a go at a good season.

oh well back to sleep and dreaming again.

wake me up when tan and his cronies have have gone and i might spend some money down there.


If the owner buggered off we would be in administration.
Blueberry Jam
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:04 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby Blueberry Jam » Tue May 10, 2022 9:53 am

We have CCSC who are doing a good job why do we need a trust as well.
Blueberry Jam
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:04 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 10, 2022 10:05 am

The response from Keith Morgan:



Keith Morgan has today responded to the club's statement:

"In view of the comments made by the club we have drafted the below statement.

Keith Morgan, chair of Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust, responding to the statement from Cardiff City said “We are very disappointed at the response from the club. We will not flinch from asking sometimes difficult but pertinent questions about the club we love and support.

“To suggest we are a group of self-serving individuals is not only insulting but patently wrong. Many of our board members have been fans of the club for more 50 years and we will continue to support our club long after the current directors have departed.

“Of course, we back supporter representation on the club’s board with a representative democratically elected. That is something recommended by the UK Government’s Fans’-led Review which will be implemented over the next few years. It was made perfectly clear in the review that clubs should no longer pay lip service to its supporters.

“The Trust is proud to have organised the fundraising for the iconic Fred Keenor Statue, surely an example of our love for the club, along with raising thousands of pounds for charity and in recent times organised two foodbank collections, with support from club staff, to help those in food poverty.

“We are always open for dialogue – something we have been crying out for – and we hope the powers that be will engage as we’ve been trying to do so for many months.

This has to be about the future of the club and its relationship with the people that matter most, the fans of this great club.

“The Trust was asked by the club – which we were happy to do –to handle the money donated from the Ukraine collections at the Cardiff City Stadium. The Trust has been liaising with local representatives of Ukrainian charities to target the funds collected at specific initiatives. It begs the question why the club then doesn’t consider us to be a ‘proper’ fans’ group?

“We can also confirm that we have continued to be recognised as a group by Football Supporters’ Association ever since we ceased to be a formal Mutual Society and that we are in the final stages of registration with the Financial Conduct Authority as a formal Community Society. The comment of not meeting the “minimum standards” of FSA membership is therefore just simply untrue.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 144757
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 10, 2022 10:08 am

I will say this, I have never liked the Trust & do believe they have done nothing for the fans since they were formed, when they thought they were in bed with the club, they never in my mind said or stood up to the club on behalf of the fans.

Trust a complete waste of time.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 144757
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby DEANO » Tue May 10, 2022 5:21 pm

I cant believe the club are giving these cronies the time of day
Why give them the lime light they crave
DEANO
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

Re: Cardiff city Supporters club statement

Postby skiprat » Tue May 10, 2022 6:36 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:We have CCSC who are doing a good job why do we need a trust as well.

Agree pointless in my opinion
skiprat
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:31 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlton58, Google [Bot], MoodyBluebird, NelsonBluebird, New Day Rising, rontom, wez1927, YM Bluebird and 250 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.