This is an alarming stat for the club to look at.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ninian27 » Wed May 11, 2022 9:23 am

I understand it’s only 789 people voting but for only 5% to feel connected to the football club they support is simply not the way we should feel.
Attachments
BADB4154-F4DD-4504-B09F-6DADC8B64D83.jpeg
BADB4154-F4DD-4504-B09F-6DADC8B64D83.jpeg (183.49 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
Ninian27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: This is an alarming stat for the club to look at.

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 11, 2022 9:58 am

Ninian27 wrote:This is an alarming stat for the club to look at.

I understand it’s only 789 people voting but for only 5% to feel connected to the football club they support is simply not the way we should feel.

It is a warning to club ... . but with respect 789 out of 14k st holders is not representative sample plus who are these people are they all fans of club? Fans reconnected under warnock according to many what's changed other than McCarthy coming in now we got morison who is starting to change things which majority of fans accept ... fans are connected generally when have success (warnock) at moment things a bit flat because of regime's failure in manager appointment but garauntee morison success fans be connected again... except for those that hate the present regime and nothing will change until they're gone
pembroke allan

Postby City slicker27 » Wed May 11, 2022 10:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:

It is a warning to club ... . but with respect 789 out of 14k st holders is not representative sample plus who are these people are they all fans of club? Fans reconnected under warnock according to many what's changed other than McCarthy coming in now we got morison who is starting to change things which majority of fans accept ... fans are connected generally when have success (warnock) at moment things a bit flat because of regime's failure in manager appointment but garauntee morison success fans be connected again... except for those that hate the present regime and nothing will change until they're gone

It's a big enough sample to give a general representation of how the fans feel. There is a complete breakdown in connection between the fans and the people running the club at the moment. Morison seems to be trying to address that but Dalman etc are not helping the situation.
City slicker27

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 11, 2022 10:20 am

City slicker27 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's a big enough sample to give a general representation of how the fans feel. There is a complete breakdown in connection between the fans and the people running the club at the moment. Morison seems to be trying to address that but Dalman etc are not helping the situation.

No agree he isn't helping ....what is a connection ? Personally I'm very connected to club as I find players staff ex players always chat to you if approached and all are always helpful even down to bouncers at entrance .... so guess it's a matter of perspective... but like said this survey is a warning and that club hyarchy could and should do more to engage with fans in general.
pembroke allan

Postby barnet blue » Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Mate, just read your comments, hilarious, you seriously say this is not worrying, 5% of 789 are backing the club, if I was Ken Choo, I would find it alarming
barnet blue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Allan you should of gone to Derby away 95% of the players staff ignored all the cheering City young kids cheering them of the coach , the gap is seriously getting bigger and bigger and it needs to be sorted this Summer.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 11, 2022 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan you should of gone to Derby away 95% of the players staff ignored all the cheering City young kids cheering them of the coach , the gap is seriously getting bigger and bigger and it needs to be sorted this Summer.

Gap as got bigger since NW but dont you think it is endemic in modern football that players are ignoring fans you see it all time when Players get of coach with massive headphones on! yes some players acknowledge fans but very few do compared to years gone by..
pembroke allan

Postby philrogers » Wed May 11, 2022 12:12 pm

The problem with a sample is that the results depend very much on where the sample was taken.

For instance if the sample was taken from an online community that exists for Cardiff City fans you might get one set of results, if it was taken from a portion of the fans who attended a Cardiff City home game you might get a different set of results and a survey of people attending a Cardiff City away game may give differing results again.

The other issue is that the sample needs to be representative of the fan base, so taking a survey of fans in the pub would not necessarily work very well.

Basically as the old adage goes "there are lies, damned lies and statistics". As somebody who worked with Statisticians for quite a few years I can absolutely vouch for that!
philrogers

Postby City slicker27 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:48 pm

philrogers wrote:The problem with a sample is that the results depend very much on where the sample was taken.

For instance if the sample was taken from an online community that exists for Cardiff City fans you might get one set of results, if it was taken from a portion of the fans who attended a Cardiff City home game you might get a different set of results and a survey of people attending a Cardiff City away game may give differing results again.

The other issue is that the sample needs to be representative of the fan base, so taking a survey of fans in the pub would not necessarily work very well.

Basically as the old adage goes "there are lies, damned lies and statistics". As somebody who worked with Statisticians for quite a few years I can absolutely vouch for that!

If the same question was put to this forum I'd expect a similar outcome. There isn't a lot of love for the people who run the club.
City slicker27

Postby wez1927 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:19 pm

City slicker27 wrote:
philrogers wrote:The problem with a sample is that the results depend very much on where the sample was taken.

If the same question was put to this forum I'd expect a similar outcome. There isn't a lot of love for the people who run the club.

Do a poll then
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Large Arge » Wed May 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Unrelated to the results but that bar graph annoys me. “Disconnected” should only be 2/3rds of the way across yet looks about 85% full. :old:
Large Arge

Postby City slicker27 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:
City slicker27 wrote:

Do a poll then

Im not that interested to be honest. I dont need a poll to tell me that the club isn't particularly well run at the moment. Morison is saying a lot of the right things though so hopefully things improve next season.
City slicker27

Postby mjw6150 » Wed May 11, 2022 2:30 pm

Correct - also we have just come off back of a rather miserable season compounded by two thumping derby losses. If we were currently in play-offs the figure would be different without any change of attitude by club
mjw6150

Postby Pencoed » Wed May 11, 2022 3:14 pm

Ultimately fans are happy when winning not when there club is underachieving that's probably the case for about 95% of clubs worldwide.
Protests about the change of colour fizzled out because we won our first 12 home games and resurfaced when it was clear we were going down and had a clown managing the team.
Pencoed

Postby skiprat » Wed May 11, 2022 3:36 pm

Speak for yourself didn't "fizzle" out from Me I stopped going when tan ditched the bluebirds for the red dragons. I returned when the bluebirds did .
skiprat

Postby Sven » Wed May 11, 2022 4:21 pm

Indeed; I heard the majority of those questioned were members of the Trust... ;) :laughing6:

I jest, of course, but there is a point in there that we don't even know if those quizzed were actually Bluebird supporters or not?

Could have been Joe Public or even 'Jacks' for all we know; but a typically negative OP from the mysterious and mischievous Ninian27 :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:29 pm

I think people get carried away. I feel no different from other ownership etc. But then I've always realised I'm a customer of a business at the end of the day.
bluebird7291

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed May 11, 2022 11:13 pm

Looks like from that poll and some of the posts - it's more than results of late .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 5:01 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Looks like from that poll and some of the posts - it's more than results of late .

100% it’s not just results Tony.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bigmarkw » Thu May 12, 2022 8:21 am

For me a true and accurate reading will be the ticket sales if they 5% of last season then that polls spot on if the season tickets are 50% of last season the poll is worthless, although still very worrying as that shows a big drop In People who feel connected with the club.

I know what’s coming but the fact is if you buy a ticket then you have a connection with the club , whether you want to admit it or not.

For me it’s a shame to see another negative post that helping to divide fans again.

Which is a real shame of this once great set of supporters.
Bigmarkw

Postby Bigmarkw » Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 am

Oh and WTF does in the middle mean? Lol.
Bigmarkw

Return to General Chat