Surely it’s time Steve Morison moved

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ninian27 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 am

City’s manager still lives in London and commutes and his assistant Hudson still commutes from his home, if we are going to have big changes, surely the management should be living nearer Cardiff?
I’ve read on this forum, Dalman lives in Monaco, Choo London and tan Malaysia, no wonder there is no connection with the club and fans
Ninian27

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Surely it’s time Steve Morison moved

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:15 am

Ninian27 wrote:City’s manager still lives in London and commutes and his assistant Hudson still commutes from his home, if we are going to have big changes, surely the management should be living nearer Cardiff?
I’ve read on this forum, Dalman lives in Monaco, Choo London and tan Malaysia, no wonder there is no connection with the club and fans

Not sure I agree with you they are only on short term contract. Why moved your whole family when they only may be here 1 year.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 6:35 am

FB:
Attachments
8186A959-0C51-4B6D-B6F0-8D703556DF0F.jpeg
8186A959-0C51-4B6D-B6F0-8D703556DF0F.jpeg (172.79 KiB) Viewed 7029 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 12, 2022 6:37 am

Ninian27 wrote:City’s manager still lives in London and commutes and his assistant Hudson still commutes from his home, if we are going to have big changes, surely the management should be living nearer Cardiff?

When you say commutes do you mean daily?

Thats a hell of trip to do evey day, or does he have a place here and a main home in London?
Bluebina

Postby barnet blue » Thu May 12, 2022 6:47 am

See I was told Morison spends 4 days in Cardiff & 3 days in London, same with Hudson, anyone know any different? It’s true about Dalman he spends his life now in Monaco and some days in London
barnet blue

Postby Cardiblue » Thu May 12, 2022 7:30 am

Cannot see an issue here,lots of people live away from their works, I spent a couple of years in Manchester and used to leave Merthyr early hours Monday and come back Friday afternoon. I also thought the club owns properties down the bay, should be a few empty now all the loans have gone home lol.
From '74 but not no more.
Cardiblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 7:50 am

wez1927 wrote:

Not sure I agree with you they are only on short term contract. Why moved your whole family when they only may be here 1 year.

Wez,

Morison was our under 23 manager and has now been with our club well over 2yrs, he should be closer to City and you in the past used to believe in our management and players being nearer to the club, it’s not like an ordinary job.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 12, 2022 8:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Morison was our under 23 manager and has now been with our club well over 2yrs, he should be closer to City and you in the past used to believe in our management and players being nearer to the club, it’s not like an ordinary job.

Not sure I agree with you as long as they are in work when they are ment to be its doesn't matter where they live .they stay in the Vale Hotel next to the training ground like a lot of players do too ,when they are in South wales .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 12, 2022 8:20 am

I'd like to know just who's pockets the club are supposed to be lining.
Sneggyblubird

Postby nubbsy » Thu May 12, 2022 9:28 am

Bluebina wrote:

When you say commutes do you mean daily?

Thats a hell of trip to do evey day, or does he have a place here and a main home in London?

He probably has a place here like every other manager and a permanent home elsewhere.

Why would a manager uproute their whole family and life for a job that will likely last less than 18 months?
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Thu May 12, 2022 9:41 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'd like to know just who's pockets the club are supposed to be lining.

Have to be honest here and say that thought crossed my mind, too!

The OP (Ninian27) is being his mischievous self and for me, this is a non-story, as it is Steve Morison's prerogative and I know others have 'commuted' in the past

I only ask one question of any manager/coach/player, i.e. 'Are they doing their job to the required level?'

So far, the answer has to be 'Yes' :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 12, 2022 9:48 am

Sven wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I'd like to know just who's pockets the club are supposed to be lining.

Its aimed at Choo & Dalman as they get paid for being executives.... every executive get money from their employer why is our club so different? like said previously it's open season on having a dig at the club..... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu May 12, 2022 10:42 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Its aimed at Choo & Dalman as they get paid for being executives.... every executive get money from their employer why is our club so different? like said previously it's open season on having a dig at the club..... :roll:

Allan, appreciate that. It's the same at all clubs :thumbup:

Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are paid a salary by the club's owner and that is a matter between them (as employees) and Vincent Tan (as employer)

The only question should be as to the 'value' they bring to the end product, i.e. the successful running of the club; and that is a whole different topic ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 10:50 am

Reply:
Attachments
23EEB950-0836-4373-A985-FA3A36892630.jpeg
23EEB950-0836-4373-A985-FA3A36892630.jpeg (227.12 KiB) Viewed 5296 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 10:50 am

Reply:
Attachments
640E1BA5-1AAE-4257-8B08-F9FE599E4190.jpeg
640E1BA5-1AAE-4257-8B08-F9FE599E4190.jpeg (294.1 KiB) Viewed 5290 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby fred keenor » Thu May 12, 2022 11:11 am

Lead by example , even the management are not based local.
fred keenor

Postby eddiep » Thu May 12, 2022 11:23 am

Ancelotti still has a place in liverpool.

I think we beed someone in cardiff.
Its ridiculous that there is not one person
Here running the club. It sets a vad scene for the club really. A club with no heartbeat at the centre....
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:36 am

I certainly would agree with the point people are making that Morison should at least have a base in Cardiff on at least closeby.

To be honest, I would be amazed if that wasn't the case.

However, I would not agree that they have to be 100% based here. Football managers, even more so than players, can be in jobs for a very short space of time. Let's be honest, if Morison loses the first 8 games of 22/23 we'll be calling for him to be sacked so why should he uproot his kids from school or his wife from her job ?

Many employers now afford employees the opportunity to let them choose how they base themselves and, as long as productivity remains high that's how it stays. A football manager has to lead in person for most of the week but I think it's unreasonable to expect them to move heir families lock, stock and barrel.

Even Mourinho lived in a hotel for most of the week maintaining a family home in London during his time at Man Ud so it's a pretty widely accepted approach.
piledriver64

Postby fred keenor » Thu May 12, 2022 11:52 am

At least he will see more of Ken Choo in London
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 12, 2022 11:59 am

fred keenor wrote:At least he will see more of Ken Choo in London

See him every week at city on matchday sometimes with his little one.. not sure if needs to be at club 5 days a week? lots of club executives are not there during week that's why employ club secretary and alike for day to day running of club
pembroke allan

Postby M4 Exile » Thu May 12, 2022 12:13 pm

Ken Choo is also CEO of HR Owen who are headquartered in London.

Though his LinkedIn account states he’s based in Greater Cardiff so who knows.

I do think he’s unfairly criticised especially on here as he’s role is more commercial than what actually happens on the pitch. He’s been thrown under the bus by coward Dalman who as chairman should be at the games and makes the football decisions instead of Ken
M4 Exile

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Allan, appreciate that. It's the same at all clubs :thumbup:

Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are paid a salary by the club's owner and that is a matter between them (as employees) and Vincent Tan (as employer)

The only question should be as to the 'value' they bring to the end product, i.e. the successful running of the club; and that is a whole different topic ;)

Chris it is Very questionable as to value for money but as tan pays the Bill's and for whatever reason he thinks they are ...tbh most chairman board members ect are over paid in all businesses some for doing 1 day a week at company
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu May 12, 2022 4:11 pm

eddiep wrote:Ancelotti still has a place in liverpool.

I think we beed someone in cardiff.
Its ridiculous that there is not one person
Here running the club. It sets a vad scene for the club really. A club with no heartbeat at the centre....

The supporters are the heartbeat at every club... :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Caerdydd12 » Thu May 12, 2022 6:25 pm

They probably fly back and forth let's face it
Caerdydd12

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu May 12, 2022 7:05 pm

Confidence in his ability. He is a legend in his own lifetime already.

If he was that confident he would have a cushty mansion here already.

Case rested.
Big Hill Blue

Postby llan bluebird » Thu May 12, 2022 7:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In all my posts why SM shouldn't have had the role living in London wasn't one of them

I am assuming he has a young family and we have only committed to a 12 month contract....I'd barely rent !!!
llan bluebird

Return to General Chat