CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Bale 1/3 to join is

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bale 1/3 to join is

Postby welshrarebit » Fri May 13, 2022 2:30 pm

We can dream! Come home gareth! I’ll buy a shirt with your name on and Chuck in a packet of crisps :)
welshrarebit

Postby NPCF3 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:07 pm

To put this in perspective, Mbappe is 1/3 to join Real Madrid and that's football's worst kept secret as he is clearly going to go there. :ayatollah:
NPCF3

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri May 13, 2022 4:39 pm

The press announcement photo is already prepared. Come on Gareth, you know it makes sense.

FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg
FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg (279.84 KiB) Viewed 10924 times
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 13, 2022 8:09 pm

Dont k know much about betting but always thought the more likely that things will happen the shorter the odds like inside knowledge "bookies"
And regardless of how many put bets on it happening especially as this been going on for quite awhile?
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Sat May 14, 2022 6:16 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:The press announcement photo is already prepared. Come on Gareth, you know it makes sense.

FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg

So many things I love about that image. :thumbup:
castleblue

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 14, 2022 7:27 am

castleblue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:The press announcement photo is already prepared. Come on Gareth, you know it makes sense.

FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg

Same here. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Gareth Bale signed for us and paraded that new shirt being the best shirt since that famous one of the 1970’s, very fitting on both counts :ayatollah:
We as fans need a massive lift after such a miserable few years and those two things would certainly do that and raise the profile of the club immediately :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat May 14, 2022 7:34 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
castleblue wrote:

FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg

Same here. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Gareth Bale signed for us and paraded that new shirt being the best shirt since that famous one of the 1970’s, very fitting on both counts :ayatollah:
We as fans need a massive lift after such a miserable few years and those two things would certainly do that and raise the profile of the club immediately :thumbup:

Well said Ponty, I totally agree......but am still too scared to dream this may happen. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 14, 2022 7:36 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
castleblue wrote:

FB_IMG_1652014725873.jpg

Well said Ponty, I totally agree......but am still too scared to dream this may happen. :bluebird:

Keep dreaming wez as dreams do come true mate ;)
This is happening :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby nojac » Sat May 14, 2022 9:35 am

Sunday June 5th . IF Wales win , Gareth Bale will sign a six month contract with Cardiff City . Taking him up to the World Cup in November/December !
Then he will retire .
If Wales don't win he will retire from football .
nojac

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:39 am

nojac wrote:Sunday June 5th . IF Wales win , Gareth Bale will sign a six month contract with Cardiff City . Taking him up to the World Cup in November/December !
Then he will retire .

Can't see him retiring at all tbh
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 11:31 am

wez1927 wrote:
nojac wrote:Sunday June 5th . IF Wales win , Gareth Bale will sign a six month contract with Cardiff City . Taking him up to the World Cup in November/December !
Then he will retire .

I'd hope not, Wez; retirement is a finite situation and comes way too early in the sporting world. Gareth still has so much to offer on the field and with the right health and fitness management could go on for a few yeats yet

Can you imagine him 'doing a Bellamy' and then helping keep us at the next level?

We can dream... :D :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Sat May 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Then he will retire .

I don't get this theory of him joining us only IF Wales Qualify.

Surely if we qualify he would be better finding a new club at the highest level and quality possible. That would benefit Wales much more.

It would make more sense that he joined us for a year if Wales didn't qualify.

Also if his main driver is retirement I don't think we should be looking at a player that won't be here post Christmas. I know players come and go but the best seasons are had with the least upheaval in a squad.

Who am I kidding it would be great if he came.
Wayne S

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 12:27 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Then he will retire .

I don't get this theory of him joining us only IF Wales Qualify.

Surely if we qualify he would be better finding a new club at the highest level and quality possible. That would benefit Wales much more.

It would make more sense that he joined us for a year if Wales didn't qualify.

Also if his main driver is retirement I don't think we should be looking at a player that won't be here post Christmas. I know players come and go but the best seasons are had with the least upheaval in a squad.

Who am I kidding it would be great if he came.

I think people, including myself, are just trying to temper expectations 'in readiness' it doesn't happen...

But it could happen and we pray it does... :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 14, 2022 1:00 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Then he will retire .

I'd hope not, Wez; retirement is a finite situation and comes way too early in the sporting world. Gareth still has so much to offer on the field and with the right health and fitness management could go on for a few yeats yet

Can you imagine him 'doing a Bellamy' and then helping keep us at the next level?

Exactly right Chris, Bellamy's motivation was very similar, so it can happen and the bookies odds are favouring us. So I do hope that he does 'do a Bellamy' and I'd also love the actual Bellamy back at the club in some capacity too.
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 1:53 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Then he will retire .

Exactly right Chris, Bellamy's motivation was very similar, so it can happen and the bookies odds are favouring us. So I do hope that he does 'do a Bellamy' and I'd also love the actual Bellamy back at the club in some capacity too.

Paul, can you imagine Bellamy in some capacity with Bale and Rambo on the pitch? What a lift that would be for our club and (most of our) support after a couple of poor years by recent standards :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 14, 2022 2:27 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Then he will retire .

Paul, can you imagine Bellamy in some capacity with Bale and Rambo on the pitch? What a lift that would be for our club and (most of our) support after a couple of poor years by recent standards :ayatollah:

That would be incredible Chris. I remember how I felt the second the original Bellamy news broke, it was like we had armed yourself with a nucleur weapon. And then when the Rambo news came through I was dancing around like a loon!
:lol: :ayatollah: :occasion5:
GrangeEndStar

Postby Wayne S » Sat May 14, 2022 2:28 pm

Sven wrote:I think people, including myself, are just trying to temper expectations 'in readiness' it doesn't happen...

Totally agree.

If iam honest, I am very much a person that likes to play down scenarios that could quite possibly come true.

But let's be honest this does feel more likely to happen than not. :lol:

Just don't want a Wales failure to affect its chances.
Wayne S

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Sven wrote:I think people, including myself, are just trying to temper expectations 'in readiness' it doesn't happen...

Totally agree.

If iam honest, I am very much a person that likes to play down scenarios that could quite possibly come true.

If we don't qualify, I honestly don't think it will. I can't see Bale retiring but he is winding down, money isn't his driver and he'd want to 'do a Bellamy' and play for the club he supported as his swansong. He's shown that same core value in how he plays for Wales. We'll see I guess but the reality of it happening seems to be becoming a real possibility (I hope).
GrangeEndStar

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat May 14, 2022 2:59 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Totally agree.

If we don't qualify, I honestly don't think it will. I can't see Bale retiring but he is winding down, money isn't his driver and he'd want to 'do a Bellamy' and play for the club he supported as his swansong. He's shown that same core value in how he plays for Wales. We'll see I guess but the reality of it happening seems to be becoming a real possibility (I hope).

Wouldn't it be incredible, I can see it it now.....Wales, Golf, Cardiff....I'd take that. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat May 14, 2022 3:21 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Totally agree.

Wouldn't it be incredible, I can see it it now.....Wales, Golf, Cardiff....I'd take that. :bluebird:

I'd have to insist on 'Cardiff, Wales, Golf 'Jim. :lol:
GrangeEndStar

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat May 14, 2022 8:21 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Totally agree.

I'd have to insist on 'Cardiff, Wales, Golf 'Jim. :lol:

:lol: You always have been a bit picky Paul :laughing6: :notworthy: :bluebird:
TheHangedMan

Return to Gambler's Den