‘ Adams officially cardiff 1st signing ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Adams officially cardiff 1st signing ‘

Postby llan bluebird » Fri May 13, 2022 7:16 pm

How does this work then ?

I take it Adams is still A FGR player until the end of the month, is this a deal from July 1st then we register him or can we do that now?

Just confused a bit as i thought we had to wait until July

We haven't even told us (fans) who is not staying next season and we are signing for next season.
llan bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Double G » Fri May 13, 2022 7:17 pm

Chant for him has to be - ebbboooooooooooo !
We all love a 100% player and a player that plays with a smile on his face who appreciates where he is (read his backround working part time)
Really good start that a player that was in demand according to reports.
Welcome to the club Ebou.
People who research, he seems a walking meme. Check out the face plant into the net and the fall over the advertising boards
Double G

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm

llan bluebird wrote:How does this work then ?

I take it Adams is still A FGR player until the end of the month, is this a deal from July 1st then we register him or can we do that now?

We haven't even told us (fans) who is not staying next season and we are signing for next season.

Guess he as signed but contract starts 1st July.. even if his contract ends june 30th didn't think could sign but maybe its because he needs international clearance makes it different?
pembroke allan

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Dont know him at all but must have something about him. Building a squad for league 1 i predict but let's hope I'm wrong :bluescarf:

We make one signing who the majority of people thinks is a good acquisition and you think we are building for div 1? So your basing your prediction on one player.. crazy absolutely crazy...
Better to wait for start season when we actually know who we've signed. :roll:

Correct Allan, there’s always a few that look on the negative and dark side of things.

For me, I’ve never heard of him but I’m looking positively at this signing.

I’d rather try signings like this than the wasted millions of players like Maxine for example.

:bluescarf:

I do wonder sometimes what people on this board want! I think bemused is the word.

I'd like to assume that we are all loyal Cardiff City fans, and any addition to our squad must be a plus! Or am I missing something? :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri May 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Sounds good. Whilst I don't know much about him, I've been very impressed on the occasions I've seen Forest Green play this season, nice style of football played at pace.

Paul, I have heard of Eboue but not enough to know too much about his Championship promise; but your knowledgeable son, who follows football as an entity has said he is very impressed with this signing and that is good enough for me! :clap: :ayatollah:

Chris, he follows so many its unreal and he's usually spot on, I said he should be a scout. And then buy me a Lamborghini! :laughing6: :ayatollah:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri May 13, 2022 8:47 pm

Sneggyblubird

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 pm

Happy to give this guy a go! Could be the next Kante ;)
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 14, 2022 12:15 am

Welcome :bluescarf:
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 am

Big leap from League Two to the Championship.

But the reports suggest he could be a good find.

Good to see us making signings nice and early.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 14, 2022 7:07 am

Some tweets from Forest Green fans:

"He fully deserves this, Generally my favourite player I’ve seen at Forest Green and I wish this man the best in world �� forever a legend in my eyes and a lot of others eyes @Ebouadams go smash it brother ���� Cheers going cry now"

"Enjoy winding up all of the Championship @Ebouadams. Club legend, wish you all the best and hopefully see you soon������"

"Great player and a very good guy, take care of him guys"

"Congrats guys. A huge loss for us but a huge gain for you. All the best Ebou, go smash it"

"Stat machine. Ironman. Cult hero. And now legend.

Hard news to take, I am devastated to lose @Ebouadams but this day was coming and he deserves this. Good luck at Cardiff and absolutely smash the Championship fella.

Best of luck, Ebs
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 14, 2022 7:19 am

Seems like he’s very well liked at FGR and I wish him the very best at Cardiff City.
I’m very excited to see him in a blue shirt next season regardless of what team or division he’s come from, I always give every player that comes here a chance and never right them off before they’ve even kicked a ball unlike a few on this board.
Welcome to the madhouse Ebou :ayatollah:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat May 14, 2022 7:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Some tweets from Forest Green fans:

"He fully deserves this, Generally my favourite player I’ve seen at Forest Green and I wish this man the best in world �� forever a legend in my eyes and a lot of others eyes @Ebouadams go smash it brother ���� Cheers going cry now"

"Enjoy winding up all of the Championship @Ebouadams. Club legend, wish you all the best and hopefully see you soon������"

"Congrats guys. A huge loss for us but a huge gain for you. All the best Ebou, go smash it"

Hard news to take, I am devastated to lose @Ebouadams but this day was coming and he deserves this. Good luck at Cardiff and absolutely smash the Championship fella.

Best of luck, Ebs

If he is that loved by his ex-fans he must have done something right. I liked it when he stated on CCTV (not verbatim) "I'll keep playing with a smile on my face". Let's be honest, we need some positivity and this guy could be it. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby rontom » Sat May 14, 2022 7:45 am

llan bluebird wrote:How does this work then ?

His contract ends with FGR on June the 30th so would have to have their permission until that date for him to play in pre season friendlies.
If they agree to release him before that date then we have to wait till June 10th to register him, that is because this year the EFL have ruled that no registrations will take place until that date, that is what the Portsmouth chairman has been warning the clubs about. being careful that the players they have a pre season contract with are completely tied down by the contract and no loose ends enabling them to sign for another club.
Once 10th June comes we then have to wait for International clearance because we are a welsh club.
rontom

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 14, 2022 8:22 am

TheHangedMan wrote:

Best of luck, Ebs

If he is that loved by his ex-fans he must have done something right. I liked it when he stated on CCTV (not verbatim) "I'll keep playing with a smile on my face". Let's be honest, we need some positivity and this guy could be it. :bluebird:

Jim,

I love his attitude, and I really hope he makes it in the Championship, that attitude can only help him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 10:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Best of luck, Ebs

Jim,

I love his attitude, and I really hope he makes it in the Championship, that attitude can only help him.

Annis/Jim, reading reports, this guy can play and will endear himself to the Bluebird faithful. The guy oozes enthusiasm in his comments that can only endear him to the more positive amongst us :ayatollah:

Quote (Eboue):

"You can tell by the stature of the club. The name Cardiff City in itself is massive..."

"I spoke to the Gaffer [Steve Morison] and I loved his plans. I thought I wanted to be part of it..."

Good start, Ebou Adams; and welcome to Cardiff City FC :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat May 14, 2022 10:58 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Dont know him at all but must have something about him. Building a squad for league 1 i predict but let's hope I'm wrong :bluescarf:

We make one signing who the majority of people thinks is a good acquisition and you think we are building for div 1? So your basing your prediction on one player.. crazy absolutely crazy...
Better to wait for start season when we actually know who we've signed. :roll:

Correct Allan, there’s always a few that look on the negative and dark side of things.

For me, I’ve never heard of him but I’m looking positively at this signing.

I’d rather try signings like this than the wasted millions of players like Maxine for example.

I do wonder sometimes what people on this board want! I think bemused is the word.

I'd like to assume that we are all loyal Cardiff City fans, and any addition to our squad must be a plus! Or am I missing something? :bluebird:

Yes mate and do you notice that the series moaners and groaners like Ninian and Barclay and a few others never comment on posts like this?
Much too positive and upbeat!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby davids » Sat May 14, 2022 10:59 am

Looks like he's fond of a tackle and if City fans like one thing it's a good hard bone crunching tackle!

He's had a few yellow and red cards over the last few seasons - perhaps he'll be more of a "Pitbull" than Gary Medel turned out to be!

Looking forward to seeing him play and hopefully he'll give the midfield that bit of bite that it's been missing over the past few years.

Welcome to Cardiff Eboue - we all hope your stay with us is a happy and successful one! :thumbup: :thumbup:
davids

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat May 14, 2022 11:01 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Best of luck, Ebs

Jim,

Annis/Jim, reading reports, this guy can play and will endear himself to the Bluebird faithful. The guy oozes enthusiasm in his comments that can only endear him to the more positive amongst us :ayatollah:

Quote (Eboue):

"You can tell by the stature of the club. The name Cardiff City in itself is massive..."

"I spoke to the Gaffer [Steve Morison] and I loved his plans. I thought I wanted to be part of it..."

Chris, nearly all transfers at our level are a gamble but in my opinion you can’t get off to a better start than this. Time will tell of course.

I think we should also give credit to Morison and the ‘transfer committee’ for getting this done and done so early as I’m sure he’s in big demand.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 11:04 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Best of luck, Ebs

Jim,

Quote (Eboue):

Chris, nearly all transfers at our level are a gamble but in my opinion you can’t get off to a better start than this. Time will tell of course.

I think we should also give credit to Morison and the ‘transfer committee’ for getting this done and done so early as I’m sure he’s in big demand.

100% agree, mate :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:22 am

Looks a really good start.
Anyone know the type of player we can expect?
Defensive hard man, box to box energy, midfield general, brilliant passer, attacking midfielder?
All of the above would be nice :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Previous

Return to General Chat