Steve Morison: “ Gareth Bale “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 14, 2022 8:30 am

Gareth Bale is now 1/3 to join Cardiff after heavy betting on the Welshman this week to join his hometown club Cardiff.

Steve Morison said of a potential swoop for Bale:

“Is there anyone who wouldn't be a willing listener?! I'm not going to go and get Gareth Bale's number and ring him and say, 'Oh, by the way, do you want to come and join Cardiff? “

“It's an absolute no-brainer. It would be great. It would be a great boost for everybody, but if their is a chance he will have to make contact with us first.”

“As anyone got £600,000 a week to lend us to pay Bale’s weekly wages.”
Attachments
8EDC61F7-C4FA-459B-95E0-B2AA414E1912.jpeg
8EDC61F7-C4FA-459B-95E0-B2AA414E1912.jpeg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 7894 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Morison: “ Gareth Bale “

Postby Bluebird 67 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:35 am

That s an old quote isnt it?
Bluebird 67

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:45 am

For a potential transfer this big, if there was any chance of it happening he would definitely be playing it down imo. Surely he’s not going to say ‘yes, contact has been made and we’re just waiting to tie up some loose ends’.
If anything was happening (or going to happen) I’d imagine that GB or his representatives had insisted on silence on the matter.
Personally, I still think there’s a chance particularly if wales qualify for WC purely based on ‘where else would he go?’ and the fact that a few sources have indicated his wife wants to settle in Cardiff, he has s few business interests in the area. Keep dreaming I suppose.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:08 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:For a potential transfer this big, if there was any chance of it happening he would definitely be playing it down imo. Surely he’s not going to say ‘yes, contact has been made and we’re just waiting to tie up some loose ends’.
If anything was happening (or going to happen) I’d imagine that GB or his representatives had insisted on silence on the matter.
Personally, I still think there’s a chance particularly if wales qualify for WC purely based on ‘where else would he go?’ and the fact that a few sources have indicated his wife wants to settle in Cardiff, he has s few business interests in the area. Keep dreaming I suppose.

Bales family 100% definitely moving back into there home in the Vale ,a mate of mines sons has been decorating there house and heard it straight from the horses mouth ,when asked you signing for city he just laughed and said wait and see .there house is massive ,golf course,etc ,hes been painting his bar which s like a pub massive .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Mulberry » Sat May 14, 2022 10:36 am

Pretty much guarantee Bale to Cardiff with my luck. :ayatollah:

Me and the lad have sat down and chatted it through - we aren't renewing as he moves up to U12 footie in September and the playing times, bigger pitch etc all mean it'll be nigh on impossible for us to enjoy the benefits.

Therefore, it will deffo be Bale to City - if we renew he'll be off to Spurs.

I have shite luck like that.
Mulberry

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 10:48 am

Mulberry wrote:Pretty much guarantee Bale to Cardiff with my luck. :ayatollah:

Me and the lad have sat down and chatted it through - we aren't renewing as he moves up to U12 footie in September and the playing times, bigger pitch etc all mean it'll be nigh on impossible for us to enjoy the benefits.

It's the Law of Sod and seems to afflict us all on occasion; the club rarely seem to lose when I'm unable to attend due to work, holidays, etc. :laughing6:

My personal feeling is that it could happen but the World Cup situation will play a major part

Beyond the World Cup (what a way to conclude the career of Cardiff/Wales greatest ever player) I'm not sure what Gareth's footballing ambitions are; but to finish his club career at his hometown club with his family in situ must surely be an attractive option right now?

We may not have year-round sun; but he would have the undying love of the locals in this part of the world and legendary status in a Bluebird shirt... :notworthy: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 am

Sven wrote:

It's the Law of Sod and seems to afflict us all on occasion; the club rarely seem to lose when I'm unable to attend due to work, holidays, etc. :laughing6:

My personal feeling is that it could happen but the World Cup situation will play a major part

Beyond the World Cup (what a way to conclude the career of Cardiff/Wales greatest ever player) I'm not sure what Gareth's footballing ambitions are; but to finish his club career at his hometown club with his family in situ must surely be an attractive option right now?

We may not have year-round sun; but he would have the undying love of the locals in this part of the world and legendary status in a Bluebird shirt... :notworthy: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

…and he’d be home half hour every home game Chris :ayatollah:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 11:25 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Andrew, he'd be carried to the stadium on a wave of love and enthusiasm; or I'd br happy to pick him up. It's on my way...! :D

I'm temering my expectations until the World Cup qualifier (no foregone conclusion) is over but I admit for the first time in a while I will be glued to an international football match :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:36 am

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Andrew, he'd be carried to the stadium on a wave of love and enthusiasm; or I'd br happy to pick him up. It's on my way...! :D

I'm temering my expectations until the World Cup qualifier (no foregone conclusion) is over but I admit for the first time in a while I will be glued to an international football match :thumbright:

Me too mate. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stickywicket » Sat May 14, 2022 11:46 am

Would Bale really want to play with a bunch of free transfer players from Division 2?
stickywicket

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:51 am

stickywicket wrote:Would Bale really want to play with a bunch of free transfer players from Division 2?

:roll:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 14, 2022 11:54 am

stickywicket wrote:Would Bale really want to play with a bunch of free transfer players from Division 2?

:roll:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby BLUE54 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Well, he certainly doesn't want to play with a team of multi talented, multi millionaire prima donnas in Spain :laughing5: :laughing5: , so why not? :lol:
BLUE54

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sat May 14, 2022 12:20 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Well, he certainly doesn't want to play with a team of multi talented, multi millionaire prima donnas in Spain :laughing5: :laughing5: , so why not? :lol:

Well said
Ponty Bluebird

Postby GaerBlue » Sat May 14, 2022 1:28 pm

Why not? He isn’t a youngster anymore. He loves this city so why wouldn’t he want to try and use his talents to get us up and keep us up. He doesn’t need the money and is a very down to earth bloke. I can see him coming here even if wales don’t qualify personally.
GaerBlue

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2022 1:44 pm

What a mentor to them he would be; and his very presence would lift them to improve confidence and belief

Ask the (then) players how they reacted to Craig Belkamy's arrival and subsequent contribution... :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:30 pm

He does for wales
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Sat May 14, 2022 3:27 pm

Why not he certainly does not need the money or the pace of the PL come and help us out Gareth that would attract lots of players and fans for that matter!
Jimmy Scoular

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Mmmm at present we dont have any div 2 freebie players? Adam's was a div 1 player when we signed him... :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sat May 14, 2022 7:17 pm

Bale's name on a Cardiff City FC shirt would sell like wild fire. The club would make hundreds of thousands from merchandise sales alone. Bale take a percentage of that, deal done. Something like that anyway :bluescarf:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:07 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Bale's name on a Cardiff City FC shirt would sell like wild fire. The club would make hundreds of thousands from merchandise sales alone. Bale take a percentage of that, deal done. Something like that anyway :bluescarf:

Sounds good mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 14, 2022 8:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Bale's name on a Cardiff City FC shirt would sell like wild fire. The club would make hundreds of thousands from merchandise sales alone. Bale take a percentage of that, deal done. Something like that anyway :bluescarf:

Sounds good mate.

Money is not an obstacle if a package like suggested plus other sponsorships will give him enough money to live comfortably.... :D
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Sounds good mate.

Money is not an obstacle if a package like suggested plus other sponsorships will give him enough money to live comfortably.... :D

As things stand, I don’t think he needs to worry about where his next pint is coming from Al :occasion5:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat May 14, 2022 8:52 pm

I suspect money will not be the driver, Wales qualifying for the WC will be. The adoration he would recieve from his own people will be immense. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If this does come to fruition I would feel duty bound to thank the spanish press, the madrid fans and the madrid management team for treating one of the greatest footballers that has graced any turf very badly, and sending him to us. Vile people, come home G. You know it makes sense. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat May 14, 2022 8:59 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I suspect money will not be the driver, Wales qualifying for the WC will be. The adoration he would recieve from his own people will be immense. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If this does come to fruition I would feel duty bound to thank the spanish press, the madrid fans and the madrid management team for treating one of the greatest footballers that has graced any turf very badly, and sending him to us. Vile people, come home G. You know it makes sense. :bluebird:

I hear what you’re saying mate. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat May 14, 2022 9:52 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Sounds good mate.

As things stand, I don’t think he needs to worry about where his next pint is coming from Al :occasion5:

Definitely not in fact can afford to buy us all a drink at stadium! :D
One thing for certain is money is not a motivator in what he does next . :old:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat