Updated: “Just been told Gareth Bale will come “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 15, 2022 1:13 pm

I had my doubts big time, never believed it, but this suits 100% Gareth Bale.

Been told this morning that Gareth Bale will def come to Cardiff City for virtually nothing if Wales qualify for the World Cup , But it will All be on Bales terms.

I’m told Wales have to qualify.

Bale would play for us from (3months) beginning of August till first week of November and then join the Welsh squad 2 weeks before the World Cup starts and if any friendlies be made available for Wales leading up to World Cup.

Bale is having his home totally revamped and his golf course.

A respected journalist:
Attachments
7EABB628-7621-4BDB-8279-6FEB6071B259.jpeg
7EABB628-7621-4BDB-8279-6FEB6071B259.jpeg (110.8 KiB) Viewed 20951 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “Just been told Gareth Bale will come “

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:21 pm

I guess it relies on Wales qualifying first. Scenes if this one comes off.
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I had my doubts big time, never believed it, but this suits 100% Gareth Bale.

Been told this morning that Gareth Bale will def come to Cardiff City for virtually nothing if Wales qualify for the World Cup , But it will All be on Bales terms.

I’m told Wales have to qualify

Bale would play for us from (3months)beginning of August till first week of November and then join the Welsh squad 2 weeks before the World Cup starts and if any friendlies be made available for Wales leading up to World Cup.

May be a stupid question Annis but does this mean he deffo won’t if we don’t qualify?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:28 pm

I dont see why it matters if wales qualify or not unless he's retiring from football.
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun May 15, 2022 1:40 pm

I can't see any objections coming from anyone, if he wants to pick and choose so be it.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Jonny88 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Because if Wales qualify he wants to play in the World Cup before he retires
Jonny88

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 15, 2022 1:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I had my doubts big time, never believed it, but this suits 100% Gareth Bale.

Been told this morning that Gareth Bale will def come to Cardiff City for virtually nothing if Wales qualify for the World Cup , But it will All on Bales terms.

Bale would play for us from (3months)beginning of August till first week of November and then join the Welsh squad 2 weeks before the World Cup starts and if any friendlies be made available for Wales leading up to World Cup.

May be a stupid question Annis but does this mean he deffo won’t if we don’t qualify?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Been told this morning that Gareth Bale will def come to Cardiff City for virtually nothing if Wales qualify for the World Cup , But it will All on Bales terms.

Jeez, now the pressure for city fans watching that final will be cranked up even more than normal :shock:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 15, 2022 1:57 pm

Would be a huge move for the club commercially and of course he would add a huge amount of quality to the team.

I've had my doubts all along but there does seem to be more talk of it being a genuine possibility.

He has always said his future will be decided after the play-off final in June so that fits with this.

Fingers crossed it happens.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby mallo » Sun May 15, 2022 2:13 pm

He,s Coming home he,s coming home bales coming home

:bluescarf: lets get 5th June out of the way

:bluescarf: rumours rumours rumours - Bales Dad confident his son will shine for city !!!! :ayatollah:
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 15, 2022 2:17 pm

So its us or retirement.... what happens after world cup presuming get there?
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 15, 2022 2:17 pm

mallo wrote:He,s Coming home he,s coming home bales coming home

:bluescarf: lets get 5th June out of the way

:bluescarf: rumours rumours rumours - Bales Dad confident his son will shine for city !!!! :ayatollah:

Mallo :bluebird:

Bales Dad.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby ccfc_4_life » Sun May 15, 2022 2:27 pm

I hope he doesnt retire i still think gareth bale still got alot to offer so who knows could even make another euro championship with wales guess we will find out soon
ccfc_4_life

Postby nojac » Sun May 15, 2022 2:28 pm

I posted this, yesterday morning (ITK ;) ) , its been pretty obvious, over the last few weeks . Definitely depends on Wales qualifying !
nojac

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 15, 2022 3:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:I dont see why it matters if wales qualify or not unless he's retiring from football.

This was my point yesterday on the other thread.

I don't get the; "only if we qualify". Thought it would be more likely if we DIDN'T qualify. If we did he'd find a higher level team.

I know we all would be desperate for him to be here but it doesn't feel right to be used for 3 months and then have to change the team.

I know players come and go but the least upheaval in a season the best for promotion potential.
Wayne S

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 15, 2022 3:39 pm

Chris Coleman says:

“He’s a Cardiff boy and no disrespect to Cardiff but they’re in the Championship and I think he’s levels above that,” he told the i. “But it’ll be up to Gareth, once he makes his mind up on something he won’t worry what anyone else says about it.”

“He’s such a superstar and has been for 10 years, four Champions Leagues, 15 trophies with Real, the most decorated British player overseas. He’s such a strong character because he’s his own man,” he continued.

“He doesn’t do things because he thinks they’re going for cause and effect. He doesn’t do things to keep people happy, he’s his own man and an excellent professional, a family man who loves his football and would do anything for Wales. He was a pleasure to be around.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Simplesimon » Sun May 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Just gone online to renew my season tickets as haven’t had chance until today. It says Season ticket sales suspended until Monday 23rd May. Should we read into this being linked to GB rumours?
Simplesimon

Postby Simplesimon » Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm

Just gone online to renew my season tickets as haven’t had chance until today. It says Season ticket sales suspended until Monday 23rd May. Should we read into this being linked to GB rumours?
Simplesimon

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 15, 2022 4:11 pm

Simplesimon wrote:Just gone online to renew my season tickets as haven’t had chance until today. It says Season ticket sales suspended until Monday 23rd May. Should we read into this being linked to GB rumours?

No its chance for shielding fans to swap seats from top ninian stand to elsewhere in ground.
pembroke allan

Postby Simplesimon » Sun May 15, 2022 4:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Simplesimon wrote:Just gone online to renew my season tickets as haven’t had chance until today. It says Season ticket sales suspended until Monday 23rd May. Should we read into this being linked to GB rumours?

No its chance for shielding fans to swap seats from top ninian stand to elsewhere in ground.

Ah! Ok thanks mate :thumbup:
Simplesimon

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Wayne S wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I dont see why it matters if wales qualify or not unless he's retiring from football.

I don't get the; "only if we qualify". Thought it would be more likely if we DIDN'T qualify. If we did he'd find a higher level team.

I know we all would be desperate for him to be here but it doesn't feel right to be used for 3 months and then have to change the team.

I know players come and go but the least upheaval in a season the best for promotion potential.

It could be that hes simply taking time out if Wales have qualified so as not to be injured before world cup ... expect him to return after word cup until end season.... but all be revealed after June :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Simplesimon » Sun May 15, 2022 4:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Ah! Ok thanks mate :thumbup:
Simplesimon

Postby Sven » Sun May 15, 2022 4:39 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Gareth's only remaining 'dream' in football is to play in the World Cup Finals, so it all makes sense...

Qualify and he can dictate his own 'manageable' terms to come and play a part at his home club, Cardiff City FC

If Wales don't qualify, then he has serious options/decisions to make surrounding his playing future. The 'pressure' will be off him staying fit and injury-free is then not the issue it would be, if Wales qualify

Gareth is in the (hard earned) position that he can make decisions based on his personal wants/needs and he may choose Cardiff City FC regardless

Personally, I am more confident of seeing him in Bluebird shirt than I was previously and I would accept that he would need to be 'managed' in event of Wales qualifying

He'd go into Bluebird folklore in these parts... :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skiprat » Sun May 15, 2022 4:59 pm

Wales qualification is going to have a massive impact on city season tickets then .
skiprat

Postby nobby » Sun May 15, 2022 6:33 pm

Bale would play for us from (3months) beginning of August till first week of November and then join the Welsh squad 2 weeks before the World Cup starts and if any friendlies be made available for Wales leading up to World Cup.

Annis, I was told today that he will definitely come to us and play for 10 games so seems about right what you have about the August to November time :thumbup:
nobby

Postby Forever Blue » Sun May 15, 2022 6:37 pm

nobby wrote:

Annis, I was told today that he will definitely come to us and play for 10 games so seems about right what you have about the August to November time :thumbup:

Jack that’s virtually what I was told, to keep him fit for Wales.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nobby » Sun May 15, 2022 6:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:

Jack that’s virtually what I was told, to keep him fit for Wales.

Dai you mean :roll: :lol:
nobby

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 15, 2022 6:50 pm

nobby wrote:

So for 3 months, not for whole season?
I’m being greedy now :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 15, 2022 7:09 pm

skiprat wrote:Wales qualification is going to have a massive impact on city season tickets then .

Not really 3mnths is hardly going to make great difference to our season...not enough time to convince fans to get ST ..
pembroke allan

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skiprat wrote:Wales qualification is going to have a massive impact on city season tickets then .

Not really 3mnths is hardly going to make great difference to our season...not enough time to convince fans to get ST ..

Not sure about that Al, I reckon if it was confirmed (even for 3 months) it would lead to an increase and a huge surge in shirt sales.
bluebirdoct1962

Next

Return to General Chat