Updated: “Just been told Gareth Bale will come “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “Just been told Gareth Bale will come “

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 15, 2022 8:05 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skiprat wrote:Wales qualification is going to have a massive impact on city season tickets then .

Not really 3mnths is hardly going to make great difference to our season...not enough time to convince fans to get ST ..

Not sure about that Al, I reckon if it was confirmed (even for 3 months) it would lead to an increase and a huge surge in shirt sales.

Shirts yes st not to sure but the lift to club would be enormous that's for sure. :old:
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun May 15, 2022 11:53 pm

Come On Wales ;) :occasion5:
TopCat CCFC

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:47 am

I think it'll markedly boost shirt sales and season tickets, even for 3 months
ElyBoy1984

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:59 am

There are lots of rumours flying about and even if it is just for 3 months it will certainly generate interest and a degree of income. I would suggest we'd have a fair few games on Sky initially !!

However, the one thing I've heard is that it's likely to be for the whole season not just the 3 months, as has been mentioned.

There is certainly a commitment that the first 3 months will be all about getting game time and keeping Bale fit for the World Cup, but there seems a willingness from Bale's side to recognise that he should commit for the season if this does come about.

That said, things could change pretty rapidly if Wales don't win on the 5th June. The story I have heard is that it won't rule out the move completely but will certainly make it less likely.
piledriver64

Postby barnet blue » Mon May 16, 2022 8:14 am

We are dreaming
barnet blue

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:25 am

barnet blue wrote:We are dreaming

We are, but I think you'd be surprised at how close this is to actually happening.

I took the p^** when people said Bellamy was coming ............................ :oops: :roll: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 am

piledriver64 wrote:

We are, but I think you'd be surprised at how close this is to actually happening.

I took the p^** when people said Bellamy was coming ............................ :oops: :roll: :lol:

Coleman seems to think it's on? But far outlandish things have happened in football
over the years than GB signing for us. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Mon May 16, 2022 9:57 am

pembroke Alan wrote:..... far outlandish things have happened in football over the years.

You say that but is this sort of scenario common amongst other teams?

For players still with the ability to play top flight to give up the reward to help out a home town team seems rare. So for it to possibly happen twice to us is amazing.

Are there any other examples of this?
Wayne S

Postby Igovernor » Mon May 16, 2022 10:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:

It is very close :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon May 16, 2022 10:14 am

Just think of the type of player that may be attracted to the prospect of playing with Bale.
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 16, 2022 10:31 am

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke Alan wrote:..... far outlandish things have happened in football over the years.

You say that but is this sort of scenario common amongst other teams?

For players still with the ability to play top flight to give up the reward to help out a home town team seems rare. So for it to possibly happen twice to us is amazing.

Are there any other examples of this?

Referring to other outlandish events that are more surprising than this! Leicester winning league Wimbledon fa cup bellers
here ect ect all as outlandish as GB coming here especially as it's been on cards for ages... yes this is unusual but then we are an unusual club
:thumbright: .
pembroke allan

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Just think of the type of player that may be attracted to the prospect of playing with Bale.

Yep, that has to be an attraction for both youngsters and their clubs who will see a benefit in watching/playing with a top player up, close and personal.

He certainly seems to have a positive effect on the youngsters coming into the Wales squad.
piledriver64

Postby JulesK » Mon May 16, 2022 11:07 am

Hope they get the new shirts in before he joins us!!
C'mon Gareth you know it makes sense and any chance of fetching that Benzema bloke with you?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Sven » Mon May 16, 2022 12:27 pm

You rarely qualify your (suddenly increased) short statements so can I ask if you're saying genuine Bluebird supporters shouldn't 'dream' this might happen? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Mon May 16, 2022 12:31 pm

piledriver64 wrote:There are lots of rumours flying about and even if it is just for 3 months it will certainly generate interest and a degree of income. I would suggest we'd have a fair few games on Sky initially !!

However, the one thing I've heard is that it's likely to be for the whole season not just the 3 months, as has been mentioned.

There is certainly a commitment that the first 3 months will be all about getting game time and keeping Bale fit for the World Cup, but there seems a willingness from Bale's side to recognise that he should commit for the season if this does come about.

That said, things could change pretty rapidly if Wales don't win on the 5th June. The story I have heard is that it won't rule out the move completely but will certainly make it less likely.

Tim, I think that's as accurate as it is right now... :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2022 1:17 pm

It’s a 12 month deal with option for another 12 months.

Money is not the major factor and he can decide on how and when he plays, several things need to fall into place before it’s done.

Playing in the derby and possibly getting us promoted to the PL would be the legacy to top all his current achievements and that wets his appetite.

Watch this space tick tock, tick tock :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:19 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:It’s a 12 month deal with option for another 12 months.

Money is not the major factor and he can decide on how and when he plays, several things need to fall into place before it’s done.

Playing in the derby and possibly getting us promoted to the PL would be the legacy to top all his current achievements and that wets his appetite.

That's what I'd heard. What I didn't hear is who holds the option for the extra 12 months, Bale or the club.
piledriver64

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

That's what I'd heard. What I didn't hear is who holds the option for the extra 12 months, Bale or the club.

Both my friend :thumbup:
Pulisnewport

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:22 pm

:thumbup:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

piledriver64

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

So it won’t go ahead if we don’t qualify?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I would have thought it’s less likely but who knows.

As I’ve said “MONEY” is not the major factor which normally it is. :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

You’ve been waiting for this Rog a long time :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Wayne S » Mon May 16, 2022 1:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If there are legs in what Pulis is saying then, to me, an option of a second season doesn't suggest a reliance on Wales qualifying.

Why have the option of the exyension if he is only coming to get ready for the World Cup?
Wayne S

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:57 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If there are legs in what Pulis is saying then, to me, an option of a second season doesn't suggest a reliance on Wales qualifying.

Why have the option of the exyension if he is only coming to get ready for the World Cup?

Believe this if you want but this is a conversation I had 5 min ago with a secretary that I work with -
Me - I’ve just heard amazing news on who may be signing for city!!
Her - yes. GB.
Me - how do you know?
Her - my hubby knows Frank and he told him

No idea who frank is but I’m imagining it’s his dad.
Please, no abuse. Believe it if you want. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:03 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Yep, that's the point. The way it was relayed to me was that if Wales qualify it's a done deal as it's been agreed that we'll manage him to give him the best chance of going to the World Cup fit. If they don't qualify it's not dead in the water but he may look at other options too but whatever those options are he's pretty keen on it being in England or Wales for family reasons after being away for so long.
piledriver64

Postby Igovernor » Mon May 16, 2022 2:06 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

You’ve been waiting for this Rog a long time :ayatollah:

Sure have Karl :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Believe this if you want but this is a conversation I had 5 min ago with a secretary that I work with -
Her - yes. GB.
Me - how do you know?

Frank is GB's father :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Her - yes. GB.
Me - how do you know?

Frank is GB's father :ayatollah:

Cheers Rog. She has no knowledge of football so I had no reason to disbelieve her. :laughing6: :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby stdavid10 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:16 pm

Wayne S wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I dont see why it matters if wales qualify or not unless he's retiring from football.

This was my point yesterday on the other thread.

I don't get the; "only if we qualify". Thought it would be more likely if we DIDN'T qualify. If we did he'd find a higher level team.

I know we all would be desperate for him to be here but it doesn't feel right to be used for 3 months and then have to change the team.

I know players come and go but the least upheaval in a season the best for promotion potential.

Because he will play for us to keep fit for the world Cup. If we fail to qualify, he'll just retire altogether.
stdavid10

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon May 16, 2022 2:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Would be easier if Wales qualified.

If we got promoted to the PL would make sense he’d want to play in PL before retiring! Hence the option.
Pulisnewport

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat