Birmingham & Bristol City are interested in signing Ca

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby barnet blue » Mon May 16, 2022 8:15 am

Birmingham City & Bristol City are interested in signing Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ralls, who is yet to agree new terms in the Welsh Capital, with his contract expiring this summer.
barnet blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Birmingham & Bristol City are interested in signing Ca

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:29 am

I did want to keep him but I feel a total clear out is needed and he's become a bit of a sick note .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:54 am

wez1927 wrote:I did want to keep him but I feel a total clear out is needed and he's become a bit of a sick note .

I just can't see how he would fit in with the new, more mobile, style of midfielder Morison is looking for.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a central 3 of Wintle, Adams and Colwill, depending on who else we sign. That looks pretty balanced to me.
piledriver64

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 am

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I did want to keep him but I feel a total clear out is needed and he's become a bit of a sick note .

I just can't see how he would fit in with the new, more mobile, style of midfielder Morison is looking for.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a central 3 of Wintle, Adams and Colwill, depending on who else we sign. That looks pretty balanced to me.

I agree. Ralls has been an excellent servant to the club and whereas I think he’d be a handy squad player, I think we need to move on. Good luck to him if he does leave though.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 16, 2022 12:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Agree ,i think the new direction needs to be with a total team rebuild .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 16, 2022 12:57 pm

I’ve been told that Birmingham are not in any position to offer Ralls a better contract that us - they’re also struggling financially.

Bristol City maybe.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I’ve been told that Birmingham are not in any position to offer Ralls a better contract that us - they’re also struggling financially.

Bristol City maybe.

I thought Bristol were also in big trouble financially, particularly in terms of being FFP compliant !? So that might reduce his options still further.

I think for a lot of "out of contract" Championship players the penny is beginning to drop. The money simply isn't there for £20k+ wages other than notable exceptions like the relegated Prem teams, etc.

Personally, if Ralls is looking elsewhere then he's clearly not happy here so we should withdraw any offer (low or not) and let him see if he can get more elsewhere. Morison has said he wouldn't sign anyone wanting to come just for the money so surely the same should apply to those out of contract ?
piledriver64

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I’ve been told that Birmingham are not in any position to offer Ralls a better contract that us - they’re also struggling financially.

Bristol City maybe.

I thought Bristol were also in big trouble financially, particularly in terms of being FFP compliant !? So that might reduce his options still further.

I think for a lot of "out of contract" Championship players the penny is beginning to drop. The money simply isn't there for £20k+ wages other than notable exceptions like the relegated Prem teams, etc.

Personally, if Ralls is looking elsewhere then he's clearly not happy here so we should withdraw any offer (low or not) and let him see if he can get more elsewhere. Morison has said he wouldn't sign anyone wanting to come just for the money so surely the same should apply to those out of contract ?

I agree. Any player who has been offered a new contract (admittedly only perhaps Morrison and Ralls) and have not signed it yet would suggest they are holding out either for a better wage or due to maybe family matters.

Seeing as both have been here for a while I'd assume it would be due to the wage or offer rather then anything else.

In my opinion if they aren't committing then their head can't be 100% in it so better to look elsewhere
Pantmawr Bluebird

Return to General Chat