‘ Latest on Joe Ralls ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Latest on Joe Ralls ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 16, 2022 5:42 pm

Joe Ralls apparently has been offered yes a lot lower wages in his new contract offer, but not as low as 50% reduced.
Ralls is the only player from the 10 out of contract Cardiff players to be offered a new contract.

Ralls does not want to leave South Wales and is very happy here.

Joe Ralls still only 28 years old.

Ralls has been with the Bluebirds for over 12 years ( in his early years Sent on loan to Yeovil Town making 37 appearances ) and has made nearly 300 appearances and 30 goals.

Bristol City are interested and have contacted Ralls agent.

Apparently Dalman has told Media Wales Ralls has been offered a very good contract the highest they will pay any player next season? ? ?

Joe Ralls joined the youth academy at Cardiff City after being spotted by scouts from the club. He made his professional debut for the Bluebirds in August 2011.

Joe Ralls has not said yes or no to the offer.

Steve Morison wants Ralls to stay, but the wage offer is totally out of his hands.
Attachments
814F02B0-08AD-4A1A-A6D4-EEF78CC3A2C3.jpeg
814F02B0-08AD-4A1A-A6D4-EEF78CC3A2C3.jpeg (214.7 KiB) Viewed 10232 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ Latest on Joe Ralls ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Latest on Joe Ralls ‘

Postby New Day Rising » Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 pm

If his wages are of the same value when he was in the Premiership then I agree he takes a cut , we've been paying inflated wages for far too long for very little payback In undr performance levels from a number of players . He's a good lad but not top class.
New Day Rising

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 17, 2022 6:37 am

Id withdraw the contract offer and release, we only want players who are 100,% committed. If he can get better elsewhere , good luck to him.
fred keenor

Postby TheHangedMan » Tue May 17, 2022 7:47 am

fred keenor wrote:Id withdraw the contract offer and release, we only want players who are 100,% committed. If he can get better elsewhere , good luck to him.

I get your sentiment on the 100% but do not think it's as simplistic as that. He has served our club very well for 12 years but for anyone to take a pay cut, in any walk of life, it's a difficult decision.

I think the club are right to reduce the wage bill and would prefer if Joe stayed. If he doesn't I don't think it means he is not loyal to our club, it just means it that it's not right for him. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Igovernor » Tue May 17, 2022 8:41 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Id withdraw the contract offer and release, we only want players who are 100,% committed. If he can get better elsewhere , good luck to him.

I get your sentiment on the 100% but do not think it's as simplistic as that. He has served our club very well for 12 years but for anyone to take a pay cut, in any walk of life, it's a difficult decision.

I think the club are right to reduce the wage bill and would prefer if Joe stayed. If he doesn't I don't think it means he is not loyal to our club, it just means it that it's not right for him. :bluebird:

I fully agree, it has to be right for him and his family :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby MikeP » Tue May 17, 2022 9:27 am

Why not do a swap with O, Dowda from Bristol City, We have had our fairvshsre of let downs from them we can return the compliment IE Sick note Tomlin so give them sick note Ralls. it's not far to Bristol to train so he won't have to move
MikeP

Postby JulesK » Tue May 17, 2022 10:01 am

MikeP wrote:Why not do a swap with O, Dowda from Bristol City, We have had our fairvshsre of let downs from them we can return the compliment IE Sick note Tomlin so give them sick note Ralls. it's not far to Bristol to train so he won't have to move

Why have you got a personal grudge against Joe then?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby piledriver64 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 am

Agreed :thumbup:
piledriver64

Postby Abergavenny » Tue May 17, 2022 1:56 pm

MikeP wrote:Why not do a swap with O, Dowda from Bristol City, We have had our fairvshsre of let downs from them we can return the compliment IE Sick note Tomlin so give them sick note Ralls. it's not far to Bristol to train so he won't have to move

How can you call him sick note Since he got into our team as a starter he has averaged 36 games a season hardly a sick note How many times he has also been on bench and not used would have him in the match day squad on top of the 36 games
Abergavenny

Postby MikeP » Tue May 17, 2022 2:46 pm

I don't have a grudge against Joe Ralls just don't rate him sorry we all have our own opinions we need more skill in midfield. He may give 100%, effort but doesent seem to get the team anywhere we need a change.
MikeP

Postby wez1927 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:01 pm

Not sure how true this is
Attachments
Screenshot_20220517-205843_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220517-205843_Twitter.jpg (584.63 KiB) Viewed 4801 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby paulh_85 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:44 pm

14k is about what I would expect. If he can get 20+ elsewhere good luck to him
paulh_85

Postby GaerBlue » Tue May 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Not sure what to make of this. We play with a lot more energy with Ralls in the team but he isn’t the best technically. Makes a lot of wrong decisions too but if you offered me a simple offer of keep or get rid, it would be keep every time. Very good championship midfielder with a lot of experience, he’d be my choice as captain if he was to stay on.
GaerBlue

Postby piledriver64 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:48 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Not sure what to make of this. We play with a lot more energy with Ralls in the team but he isn’t the best technically. Makes a lot of wrong decisions too but if you offered me a simple offer of keep or get rid, it would be keep every time. Very good championship midfielder with a lot of experience, he’d be my choice as captain if he was to stay on.

Well football is a game of opinions !!

Personally I think Ralls slows our play down, he isn’t mobile and his assists are really low for a “good championship midfielder”. He is a decent continuity player but that’s about it.

As for captain, I just don’t see any leadership qualities. I don’t think just being a long serving player is enough to make you captain material.

If he signs the contract that Morison thinks he deserves fine, if not; thanks and goodbye!
piledriver64

Postby Igovernor » Tue May 17, 2022 10:30 pm

There will be a lot better players around him, it is no good asking him to spray passes about when no one is making bloody runs :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue May 17, 2022 11:46 pm

Let go of him

Can’t pass, can’t tackle to save his life, slow only has one foot

He’s lucky to have signed a new deal in the prem inflated his wages, he might have played here a long time but doesn’t mean he should get a new deal, I’d argue you can find way better for the wage he has been offered for £14k a week

And he’s defo not a leader showed that against Swansea head down no geeing the players up no demanding better
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby GaerBlue » Wed May 18, 2022 7:52 am

Are those slagging Ralls off fans of Bagan, Murphy, Harris etc….?

Ralls is head and shoulders above any of those players and very rarely is lower than a 7/10.

I’d even keep Ralls and play him LWB instead of Bagan to be honest. Shown more there in the 2 games be played in 20/21 than Bagan has in any game he’s played.
GaerBlue

Postby piledriver64 » Wed May 18, 2022 9:34 am

GaerBlue wrote:Are those slagging Ralls off fans of Bagan, Murphy, Harris etc….?

Ralls is head and shoulders above any of those players and very rarely is lower than a 7/10.

I’d even keep Ralls and play him LWB instead of Bagan to be honest. Shown more there in the 2 games be played in 20/21 than Bagan has in any game he’s played.

Well if you think that Ralls has the pace to play full back I think you're in for a shock !! He might get away with it in one or two games but quick wingers would have a field day against him.

I'm not yet convinced about Bagan (Doughty was much better), Murphy has gone (good riddance) and Harris may well go (loan or sale) and I don't think he's Championship quality.

So your comparison doesn't stand up.

Here's a question for you. If Morison is going to stick with a central midfield 3 in a more mobile system will Ralls play instead of Wintle, Colwill or Adams ? And that's without any further CM signings.

For me, Ralls is unlikely to play every game (even if he does improve his injury record) so is he really worth £14k a week for us ?

Good servant but football is cut throat and it may be time for him to move on. I think he'll have a shock if he thinks he'll get the sort of money he's been on up to now elsewhere.
piledriver64

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 18, 2022 2:00 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

Spot on. He deserves to take his time over this decision and make the right one for him and his family.

That being said I hope he stays. When he's got pace and good passers around him he really shines.
nubbsy

Postby GaerBlue » Wed May 18, 2022 3:28 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:Are those slagging Ralls off fans of Bagan, Murphy, Harris etc….?

Well if you think that Ralls has the pace to play full back I think you're in for a shock !! He might get away with it in one or two games but quick wingers would have a field day against him.

I'm not yet convinced about Bagan (Doughty was much better), Murphy has gone (good riddance) and Harris may well go (loan or sale) and I don't think he's Championship quality.

Here's a question for you. If Morison is going to stick with a central midfield 3 in a more mobile system will Ralls play instead of Wintle, Colwill or Adams ? And that's without any further CM signings.

For me, Ralls is unlikely to play every game (even if he does improve his injury record) so is he really worth £14k a week for us ?

Good servant but football is cut throat and it may be time for him to move on. I think he'll have a shock if he thinks he'll get the sort of money he's been on up to now elsewhere.

If we stick with the midfield 3 then I’d hope to have a back 4 and a front three which Colwill would be apart of. So I’d therefore play Wintle, Adams and Ralls.

That being said, Adams and Ralls are very similar players so maybe Adams was brought in as a replacement.

Question to you, if any of Adams, Wintle, Colwill and King get injured then who plays in CM instead? This league is all about utilising a squad of players and not relying on the same eleven every week. I’d like to see NG in there personally but can’t see that being a long term thing. Why replace a good championship player with one that is unproven, Ralls has been excellent for us over the years and bar this season and maybe 1 or 2 more, he has been part of a strong championship side that challenges at the top the majority of the time.
GaerBlue

Postby MikeP » Thu May 19, 2022 11:09 am

Joe is doing a Junior Hoilett waiting for a better offer then when no one offers it he will sign for Cardiff again, To say he is a good passerof a ball OK that's mostly backwards. Plays well with good players that tells me he he needs others to make him look good. As a Captain no way can't lead. Perry NG was a team captain at his old club he had the ability and go about him to lead so why not give him a chance?
MikeP

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 19, 2022 12:06 pm

GaerBlue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If we stick with the midfield 3 then I’d hope to have a back 4 and a front three which Colwill would be apart of. So I’d therefore play Wintle, Adams and Ralls.

That being said, Adams and Ralls are very similar players so maybe Adams was brought in as a replacement.

Question to you, if any of Adams, Wintle, Colwill and King get injured then who plays in CM instead? This league is all about utilising a squad of players and not relying on the same eleven every week. I’d like to see NG in there personally but can’t see that being a long term thing. Why replace a good championship player with one that is unproven, Ralls has been excellent for us over the years and bar this season and maybe 1 or 2 more, he has been part of a strong championship side that challenges at the top the majority of the time.

From what I hear, and the little I’ve seen, I don’t think he’s anything like Ralls as a player.

He’s quick, mobile, box-to-box and strong. Ralls is none of those, hence why I wonder where Ralls would fit in playing in a more mobile, pressing system.

As for your question, can we really afford to pay Ralls, or anyone, £14k per week as a back-up ?
piledriver64

Postby GaerBlue » Thu May 19, 2022 1:59 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

From what I hear, and the little I’ve seen, I don’t think he’s anything like Ralls as a player.

He’s quick, mobile, box-to-box and strong. Ralls is none of those, hence why I wonder where Ralls would fit in playing in a more mobile, pressing system.

As for your question, can we really afford to pay Ralls, or anyone, £14k per week as a back-up ?

No we can’t afford to pay someone 14k to be back up, if that’s the case then I’d say get rid. I don’t think Morison or the board would have offered him that to be a back up though.

Whatever happens with Ralls, he can leave with his head held high and will always be welcomed back, unless he signs for the Wurzels….
GaerBlue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu May 19, 2022 2:20 pm

What we've offered him is fair.

If he thinks he can do better elsewhere then let him go.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What we've offered him is fair.

Spot on !
piledriver64

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What we've offered him is fair.

Totally agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat