‘ Robert Glatzel ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Robert Glatzel ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 16, 2022 7:10 pm

Ex Cardiff City striker Robert Glatzel heading for the play-offs

Hamburg 27 goals in 39 appearances this season.

Glatzel 6ft 4 and 28 yrs old

By TLG

David Sugarman:

Robert Glatzel scored yet another headed goal yesterday as Hamburg finished the regular season with a valuable 3-2 victory away at Hansa Rostock. The 28 year-old ex-City striker has so far netted 27 goals in 39 appearances for Hamburg since his move last summer. He ended up second in this season's list of Bundesliga 2 top scorers with 22 league goals.

Hamburg's victory yesterday meant they finished third in Bundesliga 2, ahead of fourth-placed SV Darmstadt 98 only on goal difference.

The top two, FC Shalke 04 and Werder Bremen, were promoted automatically to the Bundesliga, while Hamburg will now face a two-legged play-off against Hertha Berlin, who finished third-from-bottom of the German top flight. The first leg is at Berlin's Olympiastadion on Thursday evening (7:30pm) and it's live on Sky Sports Mix.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

‘ Robert Glatzel ‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Robert Glatzel ‘

Postby GaerBlue » Mon May 16, 2022 7:29 pm

Done really well. Not sure what the standard of Bundesliga 2 is like but can only beat what’s infront of you. Would be quality playing of a big man, he’s 6’4 but like Zohore, heading wasn’t his strength.

Don’t think he’ll be back playing in the UK in a hurry though.
GaerBlue

Postby Abergavenny » Mon May 16, 2022 7:49 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Done really well. Not sure what the standard of Bundesliga 2 is like but can only beat what’s infront of you. Would be quality playing of a big man, he’s 6’4 but like Zohore, heading wasn’t his strength.

I would say it is on par with the Championship One of the strongest footballing countries in the world will have a strong 2nd division Some big teams in the division
Abergavenny

Postby JJ1927 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:48 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Done really well. Not sure what the standard of Bundesliga 2 is like but can only beat what’s infront of you. Would be quality playing of a big man, he’s 6’4 but like Zohore, heading wasn’t his strength.

Standard is probably comparable to Championship, may be a bit lower at the bottom end.If the Championship is the best second tier in the world, its probably a close second behind. You can argue we may have overpaid slightly and I know it was a cost cutting excercise and he wasn't happy here, but I thought we were foolish to let him go so cheaply because anyone could see he had a certain quality about him but we weren't bringing the best out of him. Yet another example of the people running our club having no idea about football.
JJ1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:16 am

JJ1927 wrote:

Standard is probably comparable to Championship, may be a bit lower at the bottom end.If the Championship is the best second tier in the world, its probably a close second behind. You can argue we may have overpaid slightly and I know it was a cost cutting excercise and he wasn't happy here, but I thought we were foolish to let him go so cheaply because anyone could see he had a certain quality about him but we weren't bringing the best out of him. Yet another example of the people running our club having no idea about football.

Warnock signing so I’m assuming you mean him there.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby JJ1927 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:35 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Warnock signing so I’m assuming you mean him there.

Warnock was gone soon after he signed. Most of his time was spent under Harris and McCarthy
JJ1927

Return to General Chat