Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff to battle Swans for Austin

Wed May 18, 2022 8:39 am

Cardiff to battle Swans for Austin

Cardiff City are reportedly set to go head to head with south Wales rivals Swansea City for striker Charlie Austin.

According to Football League World, both clubs have already held talks with the 32-year-old, who's set to become a free agent when his contract at Queens Park Rangers expires this summer. However, the same report claims the player himself is also pondering a potential move to MLS.

Austin netted 61 goals in 147 appearances for the R's, and will likely be a name who still appeals in the second tier, although he was seemingly a bit-part player towards the end of this time at Loftus Road.

Cardiff are likely to be in the market for a striker this summer, with January loanees Jordan Hugill and Uche Ikpeazu returning to their respective parent clubs. It's also believed the club could well be willing to listen to offers for Irishman James Collins.

Re: Cardiff to battle Swans for Austin

Wed May 18, 2022 9:07 am

Let them have him, he's way past his best, move on!!!

May mates a QPR fan says he's been a waste of wages this year, we've had enough of those already!

Wed May 18, 2022 9:22 am

Bluebina wrote:Let them have him, he's way past his best, move on!!!

May mates a QPR fan says he's been a waste of wages this year, we've had enough of those already!

Wow......this may be a first but I totally agree with you Bluebina! :o

I get it that we need a mixture of youth and experience, but players aged 32 (Gareth Bale excepted), should not be looked at IMO. :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2022 9:27 am

BLUEBINA

We are unfortunatly in bargain basment with no parachute payments and a wage cap .

Wed May 18, 2022 12:29 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Let them have him, he's way past his best, move on!!!

Wow......this may be a first but I totally agree with you Bluebina! :o

I get it that we need a mixture of youth and experience, but players aged 32 (Gareth Bale excepted), should not be looked at IMO. :bluebird:

:laughing6: We should be OK from now on I think we have more similar views on football :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Why would Swansea want him when got two perfectly good attackers? Unless they're planning to sell one or both of them! :mrgreen:

Thu May 19, 2022 2:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why would Swansea want him when got two perfectly good attackers? Unless they're planning to sell one or both of them! :mrgreen:

You seemed to have forgotten that Swansea tend to make a decent profit on selling their players , can the same be said of Cardiff ? Piroe will go for about 8 million which ain't bad considering he was bought for 1 million, that's how football at our level should work .

Thu May 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why would Swansea want him when got two perfectly good attackers? Unless they're planning to sell one or both of them! :mrgreen:

You seemed to have forgotten that Swansea tend to make a decent profit on selling their players , can the same be said of Cardiff ? Piroe will go for about 8 million which ain't bad considering he was bought for 1 million, that's how football at our level should work .

What have I said got to do with your club selling for profit? I made point that Swansea dont need him as got two good strikers unless you sold one or both? .... yes you sell for profit but all that's got you is relegation from premier league and mid table championship. Big effin deal :thumbup:

Thu May 19, 2022 6:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

What have I said got to do with your club selling for profit? I made point that Swansea dont need him as got two good strikers unless you sold one or both? .... yes you sell for profit but all that's got you is relegation from premier league and mid table championship. Big effin deal :thumbup:

I’m seriously not in the slightest bit interested in what they are doing re transfer business. I don’t want him at city though.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I’m seriously not in the slightest bit interested in what they are doing re transfer business. I don’t want him at city though.

I know not to Keen on him here not hungry enough good player but is he what we need now?
As for my post just questioned do they need him and got my troll trying to big up their transfer deals... like said so effin what....

Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I know not to Keen on him here not hungry enough good player but is he what we need now?
As for my post just questioned do they need him and got my troll trying to big up their transfer deals... like said so effin what....

So effing what indeed mate

Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

So effing what indeed mate

The other point was what as selling best players past 7 yrs and god knows how many managers leaving club (not sacked) got them? Relegation and championship mid table. Not exactly something they care to admit to. :mrgreen: anyway enough of them for now :laughing6: