Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL: CARDIFF CITY’S 3RD SIGNING OF THE SEASON

Wed May 18, 2022 9:54 am

CONFIRMED:

OLLIE TANNER SIGNS A 2 YR DEAL FOR CARDIFF CITY / WINGER / FEE £35,000.

Isthmian League Premier Division Lewes FC will receive £35,000 for Ollie Tanner.

20 year old winger.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

I've never heard of him but appears to be joining us.

Cardiff City have signed winger Ollie Tanner from Isthmian Premier Division side Lewes for a £35,000 fee.

The forward, 20, becomes the Bluebirds' third signing of the week after they agreed deals with Forest Green's Ebou Adams and goalkeeper Jak Alnwick.

Updated: Tanner has been on trial at Cardiff for the last two weeks. Understand he will come in as a first-team signing, not the U23s.

Ollie Tanner will become Cardiff City’s 3rd signing:

Ollie Tanner came on a trial period with Cardiff and Cardiff have now offered Tanner a contract.

Isthmian League Premier Division Lewes FC / Ollie Tanner

Medical today: Cardiff City agree to sign apparently a Tottenham target Ollie Tanner ( 20 yrs old ).
Tanner was not guaranteed first team football at Spurs and was advised to sign for a club that could give him that.

Lewes winger Ollie Tanner is undergoing a medical at Cardiff City today.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 'Medical today: Cardiff City agree to sign Tottenham tar

Wed May 18, 2022 9:58 am

The only thing I know about this kid is he turned down a move to spurs whilst playing in something like step 10 of the football pyramid

Wed May 18, 2022 10:02 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:The only thing I know about this kid is he turned down a move to spurs whilst playing in something like step 10 of the football pyramid

Preferred first team football to U23's-smart kid.

Wed May 18, 2022 10:12 am

I love these sort of signings, youth and hungry to prove his worth. If he was on the Spurs radar that makes it even better.

Whilst I've always supported Morison, my confidence in him is on the upward curve. Essentially he's doing what he said was on the tin. :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2022 10:15 am

The next Ronaldo or a wannabe Ronaldo??

Looks a big and physically fit unit.

Wed May 18, 2022 10:25 am

TheHangedMan wrote:I love these sort of signings, youth and hungry to prove his worth. If he was on the Spurs radar that makes it even better.

Whilst I've always supported Morison, my confidence in him is on the upward curve. Essentially he's doing what he said was on the tin. :bluebird:

Was on trial with us and left a good impression as a player and a character

Just the sort of signing we should be looking for; young, hungry and fits the new brief :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2022 10:39 am

No brainer , could be a great addition

Young and hungry .... Eager to learn

Plus investment to sell on if successful

Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 am

Was on Spurs books and highly rated by Mourhinio,Welsh qualified

Wed May 18, 2022 11:00 am

Sven wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I love these sort of signings, youth and hungry to prove his worth. If he was on the Spurs radar that makes it even better.

Was on trial with us and left a good impression as a player and a character

Just the sort of signing we should be looking for; young, hungry and fits the new brief :ayatollah:

From what I was told Chris he left an impression at the club with his attitude and manners, good signing and as someone else said Welsh qualified to boot :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2022 11:10 am

65Blue wrote:Was on Spurs books and highly rated by Mourhinio,Welsh qualified

Meteoric rise? In 6 months time, if all goes well, he could go from 10th tier football to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:12 am

This signing may work out well, and I wish the lad well.

This signing is also underwhelming.

I hear the clamour for cheap young hungry players, but the need experience with them.

The title that we agree to sign 'Tottenham target' might be seen to be misleading. Do they still see him as a target? Does anyone actually know how the Tottenham link played out??

Wed May 18, 2022 11:17 am

Barclay1 wrote:This signing may work out well, and I wish the lad well.

I hear the clamour for cheap young hungry players, but the need experience with them.

The title that we agree to sign 'Tottenham target' might be seen to be misleading. Do they still see him as a target? Does anyone actually know how the Tottenham link played out??

What do you think of the possibility of Bale signing mate?

Wed May 18, 2022 11:20 am

Tanner has been on trial at Cardiff for the last two weeks. Understand he will come in as a first-team signing, not the U23s.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Excited, because he is the sort of player that Adams and Tanner are going to need to improve their game.

Not sure what you expevted me to say?

Wed May 18, 2022 11:35 am

This is probably the most exciting of the transfers that we've made so far I'm not sure what planet you live on but they obviously have good WiFi

Spurs had agreed a deal to sign him and he turned them down.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 am

Only you think the title is 'misleading' as you havent bothered reading the article. He turned Spurs down on personal terms, so clearly he was a target. And the fact that he was kinda suggests that he's highly rated.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 am

paulh_85 wrote:

This is probably the most exciting of the transfers that we've made so far I'm not sure what planet you live on but they obviously have good WiFi

Ive said this may work out well, but if we heap too much reliance on him, and do not put players around him with that can help him to develop then he may simply be another non league statistic.

But who knows. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 am

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Excited, because he is the sort of player that Adams and Tanner are going to need to improve their game.

Not sure what you expevted me to say?

Just wondering if you’re excited / impressed by any signing or potential signing really.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:56 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:

Only you think the title is 'misleading' as you havent bothered reading the article. He turned Spurs down on personal terms, so clearly he was a target. And the fact that he was kinda suggests that he's highly rated.

I think if is fair to say, and I quote "might be seen to be misleading". Which article have I not bothered to read?

Ill hold my hands up and retract if there is an official article that said Spurs offered him a contract.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:58 am

Barclay1 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

I think if is fair to say, and I quote "might be seen to be misleading". Which article have I not bothered to read?

Ill hold my hands up and retract if there is an official article that said Spurs offered him a contract.

Google it like everyone else :lol:

Wed May 18, 2022 12:33 pm

65Blue wrote:Was on Spurs books and highly rated by Mourhinio,Welsh qualified

Got this wrong the lad we looked at from Spurs in January welsh qualified is Eliot Thorpe and he went to Luton

Wed May 18, 2022 12:49 pm

Just spoke to a spurs fan

Me - Young lad from Lewes is having a medical at Cardiff today, spurs were after him
Him - Is it Tanner
Me - Yeah
Him- supposed be really good, gutted it didn’t work out for him (at spurs) but he brought it on him self
Me - Why, what do you mean ?
Him - personal terms and everything was agreed, however some fans pointed out on our forum that about 4 years ago he had tweeted loads of abuse about Kane’s lisp, his next game some spurs fans turned up and gave him abuse for the whole game.
Me - Really
Him - yeah honestly, shame as he’s supposed to have loads of potential and it was something he did as a 16 year old 4 years ago
Me - by all accounts he pulled out because he couldn’t agree personal terms with spurs
Him - we were led to believe the club pulled out due to the tweets

Whether its true or not on the above (i know and trust the fan - he works for me - and hasn’t got a malice bone in his body) the main point is that he was very highly rated and what he done was as a naive teenager and has probably learnt his lesson, so should be an exciting addition ?

BTW this was supposed to have happened in Jan, spurs to buy and loan back until the end of the season.

Only pointing out what I was told so don’t shoot me down, as my main point is that the kid should be good.

Wed May 18, 2022 12:53 pm

I’m guessing you weren’t excited by Doyle or Drameh then ?

Let’s hope on that basis that you carry on being underwhelmed because your judgement could be somewhat lacking !!

Seriously though, we have to start taking gambles on players, particularly younger ones. For me that’s a lot more exciting than the Kit Lambert type signings we’ve seen before.

Wed May 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Only you think the title is 'misleading' as you haven't bothered reading the article. He turned Spurs down on personal terms, so clearly he was a target. And the fact that he was kinda suggests that he's highly rated.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/medi ... r-sources/

Now let me see those hands and an officially signed retraction otherwise Capital Law will be in contact.

Wed May 18, 2022 1:04 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

I’m guessing you weren’t excited by Doyle or Drameh then ?

Let’s hope on that basis that you carry on being underwhelmed because your judgement could be somewhat lacking !!

Seriously though, we have to start taking gambles on players, particularly younger ones. For me that’s a lot more exciting than the Kit Lambert type signings we’ve seen before.

I agree and I see Mr. Meldrews back haha.
He doesn't understand the concept of a budget and a business plan as ever!
Like you, I'm excited to see players arrive in this manner rather than spend and usually waste millions on your Madines etc.

Wed May 18, 2022 1:27 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Ive said this may work out well, but if we heap too much reliance on him, and do not put players around him with that can help him to develop then he may simply be another non league statistic.

But who knows. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Jonny, I see the positive in all this as Steve Morison at least 'has a plan of action' and so far it's been both swift and decisive :clap:

Wed May 18, 2022 1:41 pm

I know its youtube BUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJJmhCOwXI

Wed May 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Another shrewd acquisition of we can pull this off. Got a bit of Bale about him and if GB comes in too then this kid will only get better from the experience.

Sorba Thomas has arguably been championship player of the season, where was he playing not so long ago?

Wed May 18, 2022 3:32 pm

If he can work on his final ball then this could be a very good signing. Seems to enjoy taking on the full backs but… This is a massive jump in class of opposition. I hope he’s as confident taking on championship defenders! Can only get better playing better opposition and playing with better players. Excited to see how this one goes.

Wed May 18, 2022 5:14 pm

If he gets in the match day squad this season Morrison has done well Online they are saying we paid £50k in modern day football that is pocket change Would have cost us more than that to train him in the academy if he had been with us for a number of years