Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Steve Morison’s other top targets ‘

Wed May 18, 2022 11:13 am

Reading’s Josh Laurent is a top target for Morison .

Interest in Rotherham striker Michael Smith and talks with free agent Callum O’Dowda.

Ryan Giles’ name will crop up again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Steve Morison’s other top targets ‘

Wed May 18, 2022 3:37 pm

Giles and Drameh at full back. That I would like to see :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2022 4:15 pm

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Giles and Drameh at full back. That I would like to see :ayatollah:

Giles is a better winger than full back ,he needs to be attacking

Wed May 18, 2022 4:44 pm

Remember seeing Laurent play for Shrewsbury when they were on Sky once and was extremely impressed with his quality for a League One player. Just as impressed when I saw him play for Reading.

Would be a top signing and would compliment Adams well in midfield.

Wed May 18, 2022 5:30 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Remember seeing Laurent play for Shrewsbury when they were on Sky once and was extremely impressed with his quality for a League One player. Just as impressed when I saw him play for Reading.

Ned are the cub using bale as a carrot? I know it's not official hes coming but never known any club to start getting players in so early?

Wed May 18, 2022 5:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Remember seeing Laurent play for Shrewsbury when they were on Sky once and was extremely impressed with his quality for a League One player. Just as impressed when I saw him play for Reading.

Ned are the cub using bale as a carrot? I know it's not official hes coming but never known any club to start getting players in so early?

Wouldn't surprise me but Morison did say he had verbal agreements in place for several players already and he's backed that up by getting the contracts signed.

Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me but Morison did say he had verbal agreements in place for several players already and he's backed that up by getting the contracts signed.

Whatever it is it will help st sales knowing club is getting players that are decent at least... and if GB comes different ball game

Wed May 18, 2022 6:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Giles and Drameh at full back. That I would like to see :ayatollah:

Giles is a better winger than full back ,he needs to be attacking

Very true. But there will be games where we play 5 at the back and he will be in that full back position. Be interesting to see if we actually play a 433 with proper wingers.

Wed May 18, 2022 9:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Sven and I talked about this in January Allan as the miraculous January transfer window squad rebuild delivered precisely 7 days after the Wurzels debacle proved that SM was deep in the market and had been for quite a while. I've still got concerns but the Bale affect is not a driver or indeed certain. However, it maybe the icing on the cake on getting certain targets over the line later in the window.

Wed May 18, 2022 10:04 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Sven and I talked about this in January Allan as the miraculous January transfer window squad rebuild delivered precisely 7 days after the Wurzels debacle proved that SM was deep in the market and had been for quite a while. I've still got concerns but the Bale affect is not a driver or indeed certain. However, it maybe the icing on the cake on getting certain targets over the line later in the window.

Ahhh intriguing I presume that means bigger names a possibility later? :old:

Wed May 18, 2022 11:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ahhh intriguing I presume that means bigger names a possibility later? :old:

I didn't mean to be cryptic Al, just saying that SM looks like he had feelers out even before Mick was here as he knew how it could potentially play out. Bellamy alluded to the same with his Anderlect scouting network commemts too in terms of identifying talent. If GB actualy joins, it may well have an affect in convincing PL loan players and talented others to join us as they're then in the shop window by association. The latter is speculation but the former appears to be true.

Thu May 19, 2022 4:41 pm

MATTY LONGSTAFF ANYONE?

On loan at Mansfield, in the playoff final, back to newcastle where he’s got 0 chance of involvement.

would bolster our squad and given he went to Mansfield we’d be a step up for him.

Make contact SM

Thu May 19, 2022 10:38 pm

For me it is nothing to do with Bale. This is Steve Morison and the team doing proper due diligence in the transfer market. We got Doyle and Dramah because of this, not by fluke.

They are selling the club to players showing its potential and what vision they have going forward. Fast-paced attacking football 8-)