Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ollie Tanner. Confirmed

Wed May 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Tanner, a 20-year-old winger, featured for the likes of Arsenal and Charlton Athletic in his academy days, before joining Lewes from Bromley in the summer of 2021.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227677

Ollie, who caught the eye of several elite clubs with his performances for the Rooks last season, will officially join the Bluebirds from June 10th, for an undisclosed fee.

Commenting on his move, Ollie said: “I’m very excited. It’s a massive club, and I can’t wait to get going. There were a lot of young boys last season who got a good chance here, and it appealed to me massively.

“The manager really sold it to me, and I thought it would be perfect. It’s good as a young player, because you’re always looking for a chance.

“I’m a fast, powerful winger. I like to score goals and get assists."

Steve Morison said of the exciting youngster: “When his move fell through with Tottenham, we were all over it. We monitored him for the rest of the season, and he did really well.

“Again, he wants to be a part of it. That’s what we want; we want people who want to be here, so we’re giving him a platform to build on and it’s up to him to take the opportunity now.

“He comes in as his first experience of full-time football, but we’ll nurture him and manage him right.”

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Ollie!

Re: Ollie Tanner. Confirmed

Wed May 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Looks a good signing to me. Young and hungry with a bit of arrogance about him.

Happy with the business so far. Now to add a bit of experience

Wed May 18, 2022 5:12 pm

Never heared of him. But it's what I expect from paying Sunday league wages now. Let's hope he comes good. :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 18, 2022 5:34 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Never heared of him. But it's what I expect from paying Sunday league wages now. Let's hope he comes good. :bluescarf:

Coz over paying players at 20k a week really worked ?

Wed May 18, 2022 5:43 pm

Going off Twitter it sounds like Morison might have uncovered another young gem. Welcome Ollie :ayatollah:

“Ollie Tanner set to join Cardiff in deal around £50,000. Undergoing medical ahead of signing three-year contract. Came close to joining Tottenham in January. Brighton and Swansea were also interested in the non-league wideman.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCantonEnd ... qtsYg&s=19

Wed May 18, 2022 5:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Never heared of him. But it's what I expect from paying Sunday league wages now. Let's hope he comes good. :bluescarf:

Coz over paying players at 20k a week really worked ?

Go sign up then wez :lol:

Wed May 18, 2022 5:49 pm

Just because you have not heared of him doesnt mean hes a Sunday league player as you suggest.... but such comments are not a surprise it fits your agenda of running club down ... bit of research and shows your statement a bit daft...:thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2022 5:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Just because you have not heared of him doesnt mean hes a Sunday league player as you suggest.... but such comments are not a surprise it fits your agenda of running club down :thumbup:

Your a boring c**t who goes against anything but world beaters talk. I'm a realist who says how it is hence my own opinion and this signing is a cheaper option but again like I said already let's hope he comes good. Are we supposed to knock 50 off the wrist over every singing otherwise it's negative or agendas replys, it's laughable :lol:

Wed May 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Large Arge wrote:Going off Twitter it sounds like Morison might have uncovered another young gem. Welcome Ollie :ayatollah:

“Ollie Tanner set to join Cardiff in deal around £50,000. Undergoing medical ahead of signing three-year contract. Came close to joining Tottenham in January. Brighton and Swansea were also interested in the non-league wideman.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCantonEnd ... qtsYg&s=19

It's a two year deal, and undisclosed fee, but could be £35k!