Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Official: ‘ Cardiff City Sign 4th player today ‘

Thu May 19, 2022 6:35 am

As reported on here yesterday:

OFFICIAL:

Jamilu Collins joins on a free transfer with a two-year deal at Cardiff.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

Cardiff City to announce their fourth signing of the summer with Nigeria international Jamilu Collins to undergo a medical today.

Collins was released by Bundesliga 2 club SC Paderborn.

Now, Collins - 28 yrs old in 2mths is a left-back - will become the fourth, pending the outcome of his medical.

Played for Nigeria has 11 caps.

Collins is set to join as a free transfer following the end of his contract as Bundesliga 2 club SC Paderborn.

Collins has spent the last five seasons. The player's versatility is certainly seen as a big plus point, given he can play at centre-back, wing-back and on the left-hand side of midfield, however his primary position is as an orthodox left-back.

It is a position which Cardiff definitely need bolstering. Joel Bagan is the only recognised senior left-back, while the Bluebirds are resigned to the fact former loanee Ryan Giles has his sights set on a Premier League loan next season.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City to Sign 4th player today ‘

Thu May 19, 2022 6:44 am

He's a current Nigeria international. Played as recently as this year not 2018! He's generally on their bench though (25 caps).

Could be a good signing. Looks strong. Strengths listed as interceptions and weaknesses as discipline (how we like it).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2022 6:49 am

Steve Morison is not hanging around and he was right, he has done a lot of work in advance of the window :clap:

When have City very signed up 4 players by mid-May :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2022 7:39 am

Great to see we are looking further afield than Bristol :D

Hope this comes off as seems another hole filled by the gaffer and fair play to the club for the backing. :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 7:46 am

We now need at least 3 -4 quality players that our younger ones and the other signings can play alongside.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:11 am

Weaknesses - holding on to the ball and crossing…. If he’s playing left back I hope they’re wrong :lol:

Thu May 19, 2022 8:25 am

Never heard of this guy, however it’s nice to see we’re actually casting the net far and wide. You’d guess he must have a bit of steel about him, if he’s played most his career in Eastern Europe, fingers crossed :ayatollah:.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:31 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Weaknesses - holding on to the ball and crossing…. If he’s playing left back I hope they’re wrong :lol:

I think we desperately need a left sided DEFENDER, anything g else is a bonus. Welcome aboard son :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 8:41 am

The gaffer is not messing about. I like it

Assuming we'll get more quality later in the window with loan deals.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:44 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:Weaknesses - holding on to the ball and crossing…. If he’s playing left back I hope they’re wrong :lol:

I think we desperately need a left sided DEFENDER, anything g else is a bonus. Welcome aboard son :bluescarf:

I know nothing about this player but judging on the stats posted here he would suit being a left sided CB. Should be an upgrade on Brown hopefully

Thu May 19, 2022 8:49 am

After a quick google search I know the exact reason we have signed him. FIFA 22 has given him the giant throw in trait. :lol:

Thu May 19, 2022 8:57 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:After a quick google search I know the exact reason we have signed him. FIFA 22 has given him the giant throw in trait. :lol:

And his rating this year, is six higher than Bagan :lol:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:09 am

OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I know nothing about this player but judging on the stats posted here he would suit being a left sided CB. Should be an upgrade on Brown hopefully

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 am

derynglas wrote:
OwainGlyndŵr123 wrote:After a quick google search I know the exact reason we have signed him. FIFA 22 has given him the giant throw in trait. :lol:

Aww move with the times mate :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:16 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
derynglas wrote:

Aww move with the times mate :bluescarf:

:lol:, in SM we trust :bluescarf:.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:26 am

https://youtu.be/ByuGXbiRBOw

Thu May 19, 2022 9:30 am

lockey1927 wrote:https://youtu.be/ByuGXbiRBOw

Cheers mate. Looks like an attacking LB from the vid. :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:35 am

Got yo remember as well how he performs will depend on how morison plays him or way team sets up? Going on previous club is not always best way to judge a player..

Thu May 19, 2022 3:11 pm

I'm getting greedy now after we've just announced 3 players in a week but come on City announce Collins! :lol:

Thu May 19, 2022 3:11 pm

Jamilu Collins:

"My dear SC Paderborn it’s difficult to find the right words to say goodbye, there are many emotions involved, all at once. After a long five years it time to say goodbye," he wrote on Instagram.

"I thank you all for supporting me in good and bad times and I will never forget the achievement we made all together as a club and as a team. I wish you all the very best for the future.”

Thu May 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jamilu Collins:

"My dear SC Paderborn it’s difficult to find the right words to say goodbye, there are many emotions involved, all at once. After a long five years it time to say goodbye," he wrote on Instagram.

"I thank you all for supporting me in good and bad times and I will never forget the achievement we made all together as a club and as a team. I wish you all the very best for the future.”

Maybe we could send JamES Collins there to soften the blow for their fans? :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Jamilu Collins:

Maybe we could send JamES Collins there to soften the blow for their fans? :ayatollah:

Perfect.

Thu May 19, 2022 5:14 pm

JulesK wrote:Great to see we are looking further afield than Bristol :D

Hope this comes off as seems another hole filled by the gaffer and fair play to the club for the backing. :bluescarf:

:laughing5: :laughing5:

Re: ‘ Cardiff City Sign 4th player today ‘

Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Welcome to the club :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 pm

Why no official announcement?

The club are useless, was looking for a player a day this week. :lol:

Thu May 19, 2022 8:07 pm

Very strong stats.

Welcome aboard.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:16 am

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/ja ... s-bluebird

Re: Official: ‘ Cardiff City Sign 4th player today ‘

Fri May 20, 2022 10:39 am

Fair play to Steve Morison he’s been doing a heck of a lot behind the scenes to have been able to get these over the line so quickly.Anyone else getting a bit exited?

Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 am

Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Collins started 19 times last season