Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:Splitting hairs a bit there arent we. Three or 4 players coming in then, we dont get them for free do we?

Yes, we do get some for free when they are out of contract.

We will release a couple of players in January, maybe loan a couple out and possibly sell one for decent money.

That's how we will afford new players, but I don't expect them to be anything other than loan signings or players who have been released by their previous clubs.

Ah I see, so we have to sell to buy? I thought the season ticket money was ringfenced for new players. Presumably these incoming players will be on high wages yes? where do we get the money to pay their wages?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:15 pm

ihatealiens wrote: Presumably these incoming players will be on high wages yes? where do we get the money to pay their wages?

That's a large presumption, no?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:16 pm

TLG, I just looked on the other Mb, I now know why I have the pleasure of your company on here, its very Boring on there tonight.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
ihatealiens wrote: Presumably these incoming players will be on high wages yes? where do we get the money to pay their wages?

That's a large presumption, no?

Not really. If we are going to make a push for promotion then they are likely to be players of some quality and they dont come cheap. So the £3 million is not ringfenced?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TLG, I just looked on the other Mb, I now know why I have the pleasure of your company on here, its very Boring on there tonight.

Don't know, I haven't been on there.

Anyway, I thought you didn't got there any more? :D

I see you're letting your scumbag mate post on here again. Shame.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote: So the £3 million is not ringfenced?

:lol:

What do you think?

Did you seriously believe the money from season ticket sales would go on new players?

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:TLG, I just looked on the other Mb, I now know why I have the pleasure of your company on here, its very Boring on there tonight.

Anyway, I thought you didn't got there any more? :D

I have Banned the name Daya.
I have one look a day on the other MB to see what food they are eating or drinking today.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

What do you think?

Did you seriously believe the money from season ticket sales would go on new players?

Well I don't think its a laughing matter thats for sure.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:23 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

What do you think?

Well I don't think its a laughing matter thats for sure.

You might aswell, the only other option is crying.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have Banned the name Daya.
I have one look a day on the other MB to see what food they are eating or drinking today.

He was posting on here the other day.

As for your one look a day on Mike's board, you've posted five messages on there today! I don't know why you are seeing this as some sort of popularity contest. I thought you were better than that. Be honest, Mike has let you (and me on your behalf) get away with murder over the years, especially about the books.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have Banned the name Daya.

He was posting on here the other day.

As for your one look a day on Mike's board, you've posted five messages on there today! I don't know why you are seeing this as some sort of popularity contest. I thought you were better than that. Be honest, Mike has let you (and me on your behalf) get away with murder over the years, especially about the books.

He was on here and he and 4 others got banned the night before last.
Yes I have always said I respect Mike and I speak to him every week, I use to speak 5 times a day to you.
Yes I got away with murder.
But He should get rid of some of the idiots of there and he agreed that today on the ph to me.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 pm

You should be thankful they are on his board. If they weren't, they'd be on here.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:29 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:You should be thankful they are on his board. If they weren't, they'd be on here.

I have thought about that, we finally agree :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 pm

You've got plenty of snipers on here too. Ninian 72, Ben, etc etc.

You seem to let them get away with it as long as people like me are the target and not you.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:33 pm

well I am sure there are many a true Cardiff City supporter who feels duped having purchased their season tickets in good faith genuinely believing that money would be earmarked for strengthening the team and many of those fans will genuinely feel like crying over the current state of events. I for one did not believe it for one minute and I'll believe we have new players when I see them in a Cardiff City shirt, until then I will remain a sceptic.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:34 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:You've got plenty of snipers on here too. Ninian 72, Ben, etc etc.

You seem to let them get away with it as long as people like me are the target and not you.

I tell people off, if they get out off hand and at least I know Ben actually exists. I will sort the other one out very soon.
Come on here more and PLS sort Your Avitar out.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:35 pm

ihatealiens wrote:well I am sure there are many a true Cardiff City supporter who feels duped having purchased their season tickets in good faith genuinely believing that money would be earmarked for strengthening the team and many of those fans will genuinely feel like crying over the current state of events. I for one did not believe it for one minute and I'll believe we have new players when I see them in a Cardiff City shirt, until then I will remain a sceptic.

I do agree with your comments and I just wrote what PR said.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 pm

No player names yet? Booooooooooring!

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Anyway, I thought you didn't got there any more?

The Lone Gunman

The Lone Gunman

And that was found out by someone who hasn't even been on there.

My god these mis-truths are catching on, everyone is at it now. :D :D :D

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:49 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Don't know, I haven't been on there.

Anyway, I thought you didn't got there any more?

The Lone Gunman

The Lone Gunman

And that was found out by someone who hasn't even been on there.

My god these mis-truths are catching on, everyone is at it now. :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:well I am sure there are many a true Cardiff City supporter who feels duped having purchased their season tickets in good faith genuinely believing that money would be earmarked for strengthening the team and many of those fans will genuinely feel like crying over the current state of events. I for one did not believe it for one minute and I'll believe we have new players when I see them in a Cardiff City shirt, until then I will remain a sceptic.

I do agree with your comments and I just wrote what PR said.

Yes I know mate. It's just infuriating to keep hearing all these promises from our club which more often than not turn out to be half truths and in many cases damn lies. When you have been supporting the club as long as I have, to see headlines in newspapers as we have today is heartbreaking, and I just feel these people at the top dont have the best interests of the club at heart. At the end of the day some people have a huge depth of feeling for their club and I dont think chairmen and executives at clubs really understand that. It's just a big ego trip and/or financial cash cow for them.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 pm

well i hope it turns out t o be true otherwise ridsdale could be buried with the under soil heating :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 am

Annis did he say how many players we need to sell in order to bring in the 3/4 players the club are looking at??

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:18 am

If the TNOW story is true Matthews will be sold to Man Utd for £4m and we will raise £3m from season ticket sales. Whilst I doubt we will get the full £4m from Man Utd now, there should be a down payment of around £2m.

That gives us £5m to settle the tax bill and bring in players during January.

We can argue all day long about the way Ridsdale has packaged this arrangement but the bigger picture is the tax bill will be settled and players will come in.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:58 am

I am not buying in to it, PR is a lying crook and he is going to bring our club crashing down, He will say anything to keep people happy

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

All we need is back up to Bothroyd (hopefully Iwelumo or someone of that ilk), a creative midfielder (Wilshere or Reid etc) and then a destroyer (Delph or Watson etc). If we get those three positions sorted I reckon we can push on and get promoted. The defence is getting better and better (forget the Peterborough game!) and our wings are sorted.

We don't need much more to improve. I don't want us to completely change the squad though because then we'll need a short time to settle again and we can't afford that.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Peter has just reassured me we will be signing at least 3 to 4 players in the Next 2 Weeks.
Yes he did travel up North Yesterday to see 2 players but the weather was so bad he had to turn around.
DJ today went to see another player.
The email Hacker will be arrested tomorrow.
Peter said this Squad will Def be STRENGTHENED THIS MONTH.

Once again not My Words but I actually Believe him :ayatollah:

Brilliant news that hacker deserves a bit of porridge !!!!!

I wonder who the players are ????

Porridge, What for? exposing the truth about a liar

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

lets hope what he says is true this time, its about time we had some good news.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm

if jones picks the new players,can't wait to see what clowns we have this time

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I am struggling to see how the hacker has done us wrong, if anything he had shown up the riddler where he was trying to decieve us, the riddler has been well a truly humbled, and for that I thank you on behalf of CCFC, hacker