Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:34 pm

I think, in my opinion, what this has done is bring to light the dire financial constraints we find ourselves. To not pay the Inland Revuenue on time is a cardinal sin, whether there is an agreement in place or not......If we haven't paid them on time then I would suggest that there is a lot more moneys overdue as these are the last people to play around with.........

1 of 3 thingswill happen......

1----The takeover does proceed.....although I think this is a massive smokescreen, and probably the only negotitions to take place was to borrow money.......i.e---re finanace the debts.
2) ---We go into admin

3) We have a fire seale of players and this in turn will then leave the issue of where we play football next year.

My money is on option 3

Cheers

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:37 pm

It's never a wise idea to leak information to the press unless absolutely necessary. Personally, I think in this instance it's done our club more harm than good. Ridsdale, correctly or incorrectly, states that paying the Inland Revenue was all under control. The HMRC hasn't even mentioned a winding up order, so obviously they are aware that payment is on its way. It is major sensationalism that has blown out of proportion.

We all know there's some stuff the board don't tell us, that goes with the territory. If you honestly believed every penny of the season ticket sales was going on players then you're too naive. I think at one point Ridsdale even admitted the money would contribute towards some remaining outstanding bills.

We had to deal with the undersoil heating and that probably had some impact on our ability to pay the first instalment of funds to the Inland Revenue.

As far as I see it Ridsdale claims HMRC are going to be paid shortly and HMRC hasn't said otherwise. They haven't even said they were going to file for a winding up order, that was all paper talk.

Stop panicking, nothing is going to happen. That's why this leak has been shit. It's brought nothing good and just put the cat amongst the pigeons for a small while.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Yes I agree.....but at least the catis out of the bag and we will know for sure the reason why we don't spend 3 million on players!

Not that I thought we would anyhow!!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Zabier wrote:It's never a wise idea to leak information to the press unless absolutely necessary. Personally, I think in this instance it's done our club more harm than good. Ridsdale, correctly or incorrectly, states that paying the Inland Revenue was all under control. The HMRC hasn't even mentioned a winding up order, so obviously they are aware that payment is on its way. It is major sensationalism that has blown out of proportion.

We all know there's some stuff the board don't tell us, that goes with the territory. If you honestly believed every penny of the season ticket sales was going on players then you're too naive. I think at one point Ridsdale even admitted the money would contribute towards some remaining outstanding bills.

We had to deal with the undersoil heating and that probably had some impact on our ability to pay the first instalment of funds to the Inland Revenue.

As far as I see it Ridsdale claims HMRC are going to be paid shortly and HMRC hasn't said otherwise. They haven't even said they were going to file for a winding up order, that was all paper talk.

we were selling season tickets from the beginning of december.
the hmrc were promised payment before xmas hence the dismissal of the winding up order on the 16th december
that money has not been paid to date so nothing is being blown out of proportion.
we were led to believe that the television money loaned to us by barclays bank was going to be used to pay the tax bill and that has not happened either.
people need to wake up and smell the coffee these are the darkest times for the club since black friday

Stop panicking, nothing is going to happen. That's why this leak has been shit. It's brought nothing good and just put the cat amongst the pigeons for a small while.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:36 pm

great news but what will we talk about then??? PROMOTION :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

4 players plus replacements for Mathews /Ledley /Ross / Chops should any of those leave but then dont we already have a ready made replacement for the latter two ;) should one go

personally I dont think we will loose chops and once we get a creative midfielder he will start banging the goals in.

On the malaysian front I think once the tax bill is settled the season ticket money invested in the squad and all the other shite behind us they will be on board straight away which I wopuld expect to be early Feb

buckle up

sack

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:03 pm

So we get 4 loan players on say £15,000 per week for the remainder of the season 16 weeks? £60.000p/week = £960.000 in total Leaves 2 million in the kitty tax bill payed PR outa the shit Again

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm

peter from margam wrote:So we get 4 loan players on say £15,000 per week for the remainder of the season 16 weeks? £60.000p/week = £960.000 in total Leaves 2 million in the kitty tax bill payed PR outa the shit Again

I reckon thats what might happen.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 pm

what games up north or are we talking about or Scotland, Celtic v Rangers or Hibs v Hearts?