A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Morison: “l and over the moon with this transfer”

Fri May 20, 2022 10:31 am

Steve Morison "over the moon" with the transfer.”
“Everyone is excited by these transfers.”

Steve Morison’s 4 Signings

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783

OFFICIAL:

Jamilu Collins joins on a free transfer with a two-year deal at Cardiff.

Bluebirds boss Steve Morison said:

“I’m over the moon. We’ve been monitoring Jamilu Collins for a long period, and we’re really pleased to get him signed. He’s a great athlete, a really good left-back, and can play in that left wing-back position as well. I’m really pleased that we’ve got competition for places. I want to get as many bodies in for the start of pre-season, because the first 10 days of pre-season are going to be huge."

“We’ve now got quality players coming in and ready to be here to start the pre-season.”

The player's versatility is certainly seen as a big plus point, given he can play at centre-back, wing-back and on the left-hand side of midfield, however his primary position is as an orthodox left-back. It is a position which Cardiff definitely need bolstering, with Joel Bagan the only recognised senior left-back at the club.

Collins - 28 yrs old in 2mths is a left-back - has become the fourth Cardiff signing.

Played for Nigeria has 11 caps.

Collins has joined as a free transfer following the end of his contract as Bundesliga 2 club SC Paderborn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.