Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Signing all these lower league players, journeymen and unhea

Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 am

Signing all these lower league players, journeymen and unheard of foreigners will either be a stroke of genius or end in relegation. Maybe they will come later in the window but we’ve got to sign some proven players as well.

Re: Signing all these lower league players, journeymen and u

Tue May 24, 2022 6:42 am

Always city

No parachute payments wage cap you are not going to sign proven for free unless they are has beens if tan changes his mind and stumps up a transfer chest we are where we are
not morissons fault.

Tue May 24, 2022 7:07 am

Experienced named players soon :thumbup:

Tue May 24, 2022 7:16 am

Journey men and so-called experienced players together with an old-school manager got us into the mess which was last season.
This new approach is refreshing, but we will need a balanced approach to the massive squad re-build that is currently in progress :bluescarf:

Lets not judge the club in just May :old:

Tue May 24, 2022 7:29 am

Whistler wrote:Journey men and so-called experienced players together with an old-school manager got us into the mess which was last season.
This new approach is refreshing, but we will need a balanced approach to the massive squad re-build that is currently in progress :bluescarf:

Lets not judge the club in just May :old:

Easier for some to judge before the even than wait until season starts and we know what team will be..... especially as it will be a completely new squad this season bar 5 or so players

Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 am

I remember seasons when we have splashed the cash - and got nowhere and seasons when a manager has come in added a couple of players and weve got promoted. There is no exact science , it's more about character, tactics and whether or not the players can do what the manager wants.

Th only successful managers we have had over the last 22 years are Jones (to a degree), Malky and Warnock. All the rest have been average to shite.

Hope for the best - fear the worst - anything can happen at the city - weve seen it all before

Tue May 24, 2022 10:09 am

Igovernor wrote:Experienced named players soon :thumbup:

Who are they .

Tue May 24, 2022 10:13 am

pipster wrote:I remember seasons when we have splashed the cash - and got nowhere and seasons when a manager has come in added a couple of players and weve got promoted. There is no exact science , it's more about character, tactics and whether or not the players can do what the manager wants.

Th only successful managers we have had over the last 22 years are Jones (to a degree), Malky and Warnock. All the rest have been average to shite.

Hope for the best - fear the worst - anything can happen at the city - weve seen it all before

Interestingly, I'm struggling to think of a single manager that left us and went on to bigger and better things !!

Let's hope Morison changes that.

Tue May 24, 2022 11:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:
pipster wrote:I remember seasons when we have splashed the cash - and got nowhere and seasons when a manager has come in added a couple of players and weve got promoted. There is no exact science , it's more about character, tactics and whether or not the players can do what the manager wants.

Interestingly, I'm struggling to think of a single manager that left us and went on to bigger and better things !!

Didn't Ole land himself a plum job with an outfit in the north west of the UK ? lol

Tue May 24, 2022 11:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Solksjaer could argue he went on to bigger and better.

He wasn’t bigger and better. But the job was :-D

Tue May 24, 2022 11:17 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Didn't Ole land himself a plum job with an outfit in the north west of the UK ? lol

Only after going back to Norway for a good few years !!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 11:48 am

What journeyman have we signed?

Tue May 24, 2022 2:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Experienced named players soon :thumbup:

Who are they .

Nobody knows yet wez but you can bet Morison will bring in a few when he can. He knows what's needed.

Very early days.

Tue May 24, 2022 8:19 pm

nubbsy wrote:What journeyman have we signed?

Beat me to it.