Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another non league a season

Sat May 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Wrexham dident deserve to win. I have never seen such useless pathetic defending by a team, call themselves defenders seen better in Sunday league. Biggest crowds rich owners they were a discrace let the fans down. New manager needed not one sacked by every club he has Managed.

Re: Another non league a season

Sat May 28, 2022 2:50 pm

MikeP wrote:Wrexham dident deserve to win. I have never seen such useless pathetic defending by a team, call themselves defenders seen better in Sunday league. Biggest crowds rich owners they were a discrace let the fans down. New manager needed not one sacked by every club he has Managed.

Grimsby defending just as bad but your right did deserve to win... tbh recent performances have lacked any kind of energy or consistency.

Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm

They could’ve won the league and gone up automatically but they fluffed that too. I was hoping that they would get promoted but another season in the conference

Sat May 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Phil Parkinson: Wrexham slams 'poor' refereeing performance in Grimsby play-off loss -

Wrexham manager Phil Parkinson was left "seething" with the referee's performance following his side's play-off loss to Grimsby Town.

Luke Waterfall's 119th-minute winner sealed a 5-4 win for Grimsby in a pulsating semi-final at the Racecourse.

Parkinson was unhappy with a number of decisions made by Adam Herczeg.

"How the league put the referee in charge of that game is absolutely beyond me. I'm absolutely seething," Parkinson said.

"His performance was so far below the level accepted for a game of this magnitude, it was incredible.

"Congratulations to Grimsby, they've got there and good luck in the final.

"There was so much at stake. There's two fantastic football clubs, owners that have invested money in the clubs, and they put a sub-standard referee in a game of this magnitude.

"We had this referee two weeks ago and how he's been put in charge of this game I'm gobsmacked.

"We scored a goal which didn't stand, we had a player fouled before their goal and we had [Bryce] Hosannah clattered in the middle of the goal, which should have been a penalty.

"I haven't seem any of these incidents back, but dear me that performance was poor."

Herczeg had officiated in Wrexham's final game of the regular season against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Wrexham had finished runners-up to Stockport County, missing out on the title and automatic promotion.

Sun May 29, 2022 10:20 am

Dibble in goal hardly covered himself in glory.