Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Liverpool fans tonight ‘

Sat May 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Liverpool fans tonight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Liverpool fans tonight ‘

Sat May 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Annis when you look at madrid end and then liverpool end to many liverpool fans for seats so are sitting in aisles no such problem with Madrid fans... stories of liverpool fans without tickets trying to get into stadium... Where have we heard that before with them? Unfortunately innocent people at getting hurt by their actions.

Sat May 28, 2022 8:23 pm

I don’t know the true facts yet but my money is on pissed up Liverpool fans leaving it too late,many ticketless and most storming the gates.
Not their fault mate.

Sat May 28, 2022 8:27 pm

theclaw wrote:I don’t know the true facts yet but my money is on pissed up Liverpool fans leaving it too late,many ticketless and most storming the gates.
Not their fault mate.

Never is... obviously looks like poor crowd management as well but as I said no problem with real fans so why was there with liverpool fans? Unless the french deliberately made it hard to get in? :o

Sat May 28, 2022 8:32 pm

100% absolutely not the fault of of any Liverpool fans

Sat May 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Pencoed wrote:100% absolutely not the fault of of any Liverpool fans

Yeh right :laughing6:

Sat May 28, 2022 8:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not their fault they climbed the fence to get in and not their fault not enough seats in their end of ground for fans to be seated :roll:

Sat May 28, 2022 8:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not their fault they climbed the fence to get in and not their fault not enough seats in their end of ground for fans to be seated :roll:

…and not their fault that some of them probably didn’t have tickets, or stayed in the pub too late to get to the match.

Sat May 28, 2022 8:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

…and not their fault that some of them probably didn’t have tickets, or stayed in the pub too late to get to the match.

The reporter tried to say wasnt their fault because
he got peppered sprayed but he also says fans were climbing over gates... other report shows a picture
of fans running through 1st line of
security so suspect this is what caused the problems with letting in fans with tickets as officials trying to stop ticketless fans getting in ..... but judging by amount of fans sitting in aisles fair few got in...
Anyway pool losing 1 nil :occasion5:

Sat May 28, 2022 8:57 pm

They are rammed in my local here in newtown i am the only person with with a cardiff top on and one millwall top the other side of the pub

Sat May 28, 2022 8:59 pm

montyblue wrote:They are rammed in my local here in newtown i am the only person with with a cardiff top on and one millwall top the other side of the pub

At moment probably crying in their shandies :laughing6:

Sat May 28, 2022 9:08 pm

montyblue wrote:They are rammed in my local here in newtown i am the only person with with a cardiff top on and one millwall top the other side of the pub

Monty….fiiiiiggghhhttt!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 9:18 pm

BLUEBIRD 1962
Pushing my luck in here with about 80 /100 red fans even joining the millwall fan is pushing it.

Sat May 28, 2022 9:21 pm

montyblue wrote:BLUEBIRD 1962
Pushing my luck in here with about 80 /100 red fans even joining the millwall fan is pushing it.

:thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sat May 28, 2022 10:23 pm

Eufa statement says problem caused by thousands of liverpool fans trying ho enter stadium with fake tickets..... no wonder there was a problem and lots of innocent fans caught up in attempts to get trouble makers away from stadium ....

Sat May 28, 2022 11:52 pm

Liverpool have called for an investigation into the "unacceptable issues" faced by fans which led to their Champions League final against Real Madrid being delayed.

Uefa delayed kick-off by more than 30 minutes, citing "security reasons".

The match at the Stade de France in Paris did not do start until 20:36 BST, with Real beating Liverpool 1-0.

Police outside the ground fired tear gas as a small number of supporters tried to climb over security barriers.

Pictures had emerged in the build-up of huge crowds of fans queuing to get in.

Many claimed they had been at the stadium hours before kick-off but were stopped from getting into the ground.

"We are hugely disappointed at the stadium entry issues and breakdown of the security perimeter that Liverpool fans faced this evening at Stade de France," the Anfield club said in a statement.

"This is the greatest match in European football and supporters should not have to experience the scenes we have witnessed tonight.

"We have officially requested a formal investigation into the causes of these unacceptable issues."

Sun May 29, 2022 7:12 am

pembroke allan wrote:Annis when you look at madrid end and then liverpool end to many liverpool fans for seats so are sitting in aisles no such problem with Madrid fans... stories of liverpool fans without tickets trying to get into stadium... Where have we heard that before with them? Unfortunately innocent people at getting hurt by their actions.

Correct Allan,

They do it all the time, then make out they are the victims.

Sun May 29, 2022 8:03 am

Drunk and coked up scousers, loads of snide tickets and the French riot police. Was never going to end well.

Sun May 29, 2022 8:32 am

Be very careful about generalising Liverpool fans last night.

A good friend of mine (from Liverpool) text me from the game to say he and his 15 year old son got to the ground 2 hours 15 minutes before kick off.

They got in just 10 mins before the scheduled kickoff time after being crushed and gassed !!

Apparently the organisation was awful. Unlike most big stadiums there was no first line check of tickets before you got into a queue for the turnstiles. Then a number of turnstiles were opened and closed on numerous occasions during the time they were queuing.

Even people like journalists and reporters were reporting in real time on Twitter that the organisation was dangerous and frightening. That included people like Gary Lineker.

There will have been idiots but this could have been avoided with some simple checks that happen in virtually every other big event.

By the way, get there early next Sunday.

Sun May 29, 2022 8:57 am

piledriver64 wrote:Be very careful about generalising Liverpool fans last night.

A good friend of mine (from Liverpool) text me from the game to say he and his 15 year old son got to the ground 2 hours 15 minutes before kick off.

They got in just 10 mins before the scheduled kickoff time after being crushed and gassed !!

Apparently the organisation was awful. Unlike most big stadiums there was no first line check of tickets before you got into a queue for the turnstiles. Then a number of turnstiles were opened and closed on numerous occasions during the time they were queuing.

Even people like journalists and reporters were reporting in real time on Twitter that the organisation was dangerous and frightening. That included people like Gary Lineker.

There will have been idiots but this could have been avoided with some simple checks that happen in virtually every other big event.

Yes there are some value points there but again is it coincidental that all was fine in the Madrid end.

Sun May 29, 2022 9:26 am

piledriver64 wrote:Be very careful about generalising Liverpool fans last night.

Trying not to generalizing fans but as pointed out no problem at real end was there? Yes organisation and ticket allocation was poor but maybe what happened at nations league final where fans rushed gates gave fans the idea be good to try in Paris but as we all know police abroad are not as tolerant as ours are when comes to using force with such behaviour..... got to ask question why only liverpool fans payed silly money for fake tickets why only liverpool fans tried getting over gates ? As reported by (same people who got peppered sprayed.) And pictures are out there to substantiate it happening..... yes poor organisation meant innocent fans got embroiled in trouble but not once have I heared fans or celebrities who was there condemn the actions of fans causing the problem.... blame the authorities is easier than blame their own fans and not for 1st time..

Sun May 29, 2022 10:22 am

theclaw wrote:

Yes there are some value points there but again is it coincidental that all was fine in the Madrid end.

Yep not disputing that but this could have been avoided with just some simple organisation.

There will always be idiots at sold out games/gigs/events but organisation can ensure that the impact they have on others is minimised.

Sun May 29, 2022 11:03 am

The problem you have is when say 100 Liverpool fans go there with intent on not paying and rushing the turnstiles, which they have now done 100’s of times including at Ninian Park, that gets the authorities straight in to action and then innocent Liverpool fans will always then be caught up in it.

They are so organised at going this

Sun May 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Is this OK ?

https://twitter.com/watch_lfc/status/15 ... yZpT8YgnSA

Where is the “storming” of the turnstiles here then ?

Sun May 29, 2022 1:16 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Is this OK ?

Well out of order

Sun May 29, 2022 2:55 pm

Have a look at the other comments too

Sun May 29, 2022 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The problem you have is when say 100 Liverpool fans go there with intent on not paying and rushing the turnstiles, which they have now done 100’s of times including at Ninian Park, that gets the authorities straight in to action and then innocent Liverpool fans will always then be caught up in it.

They are so organised at going this

Bang on what happened

Sun May 29, 2022 3:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I have.

Vast majority blaming the authorities. There is no storming of turnstiles, there may have been some fake tix (not in this clip though) but all that was needed was an initial check of tix before fans get to the turnstiles.

Too easy to blame the scousers, but the videos I’ve seen aren’t backing up that point of view.

Sun May 29, 2022 3:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I have.

Vast majority blaming the authorities. There is no storming of turnstiles, there may have been some fake tix (not in this clip though) but all that was needed was an initial check of tix before fans get to the turnstiles.

This clip clearly shows a fan being sprayed AFTER he had legitimately gone through the turnstile!!!!!!

Too easy to blame the scousers, but the videos I’ve seen aren’t backing up that point of view.

Sun May 29, 2022 3:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Funny but cannot find any pictures or video of such incidents on bbc website was there yesterday ...... even the reporter said they were climbing gate... did notice the reporting on radio is edited and nothing of what was said yesterday being broadcast today... :shock:
Cannot argue organisation was appalling but no liverpool fans doing what was reported and no trouble would occur just frustrated fans trying to get past turnstiles into stadium. Maybe people should ask why was no trouble at real end to get answers.