Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All gone quiet on the new signings front ?

Sun May 29, 2022 9:23 pm

Not even any rumours other than Bale.

Re: All gone quiet on the new signings front ?

Sun May 29, 2022 9:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:Not even any rumours other than Bale.

Last week Morison tried to sign 2 Bristol City players. Thought he had them both , but their wage demands were to high.

Callum O’Dowda went away to Spk to other clubs, Morison really thought he had him.

Kasey Palmer, could not match his wage demands.

Sun May 29, 2022 9:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227800

Sun May 29, 2022 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Last week Morison tried to sign 2 Bristol City players. Thought he had them both , but their wage demands were to high.

Callum O’Dowda went away to Spk to other clubs, Morison really thought he had him.

If they went to talk to other teams I’m glad they didn’t join us Annis.

Mon May 30, 2022 12:12 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's a bit unfair.... if you had 2 job interviews would u just go to the one that came 1st ? Despite other one offering more money? Everyone has the right to choose whats best job on offer football is no different

Mon May 30, 2022 6:12 am

Still a lot going on :thumbup:

Mon May 30, 2022 6:19 am

I recall Morrison saying he was on holiday at end of May. Perhaps that’s the reason for signings slowing.

Mon May 30, 2022 6:25 am

Igovernor wrote:Still a lot going on :thumbup:

Without a doubt, many players now been interviewed.

Mon May 30, 2022 7:11 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's a bit unfair.... if you had 2 job interviews would u just go to the one that came 1st ? Despite other one offering more money? Everyone has the right to choose whats best job on offer football is no different

How long did they need though Al? It seemed to drag on and on.

Mon May 30, 2022 7:34 am

It is interesting that the only two with Championship experience are looking elsewhere. If this trend continues it might put our lower league signings into more context than just their potential.

We will need experience of this division in our team if any of our signings, that many rave about, are to develop and fulfil that potential that Morison sees.

Mon May 30, 2022 7:56 am

Andre Gray has been released would love to get him to the CCS

Mon May 30, 2022 8:37 am

Barclay1 wrote:It is interesting that the only two with Championship experience are looking elsewhere. If this trend continues it might put our lower league signings into more context than just their potential.

We will need experience of this division in our team if any of our signings, that many rave about, are to develop and fulfil that potential that Morison sees.

Very early days yet though mate.

Mon May 30, 2022 9:33 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well pre training is still weeks away....problem is there is never any rush for players to sign for
any club and that's the problem getting players in.... only way around problem is to have a tick list of players and if someone wants think about signing go on to next player even if means missing out on original targets... but original point stands you do not always take 1st option and in that respect football is unique as no hurry for players to sign if know that there could be better offer coming along if wait

Mon May 30, 2022 10:42 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well pre training is still weeks away....problem is there is never any rush for players to sign for
any club and that's the problem getting players in.... only way around problem is to have a tick list of players and if someone wants think about signing go on to next player even if means missing out on original targets... but original point stands you do not always take 1st option and in that respect football is unique as no hurry for players to sign if know that there could be better offer coming along if wait

Fair points but if I was SM I’d say something like ‘you have a week and if you come back to us after that, we renegotiate’ (lower offer ).

Mon May 30, 2022 11:01 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fair points but if I was SM I’d say something like ‘you have a week and if you come back to us after that, we renegotiate’ (lower offer ).

Good point..... tell them got set date to give answer as same offer wont be on table after this.

Mon May 30, 2022 11:13 am

Barclay1 wrote:It is interesting that the only two with Championship experience are looking elsewhere. If this trend continues it might put our lower league signings into more context than just their potential.

Thats a negative view, every interview is a two way conversation, maybe Morrison wasn't that impressed and has moved on?

When you shop for anything you don't buy the first one you see regardless of price, you look to see if you can get better value elswhere first, and maybe go back and pay what they want after?

Hopefully we don't go back, those two Bristol players were nothing special at all.

Mon May 30, 2022 1:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Thats a negative view, every interview is a two way conversation, maybe Morrison wasn't that impressed and has moved on?

When you shop for anything you don't buy the first one you see regardless of price, you look to see if you can get better value elswhere first, and maybe go back and pay what they want after?

Hopefully we don't go back, those two Bristol players were nothing special at all.

Agreed, and maybe that was the issue.

For all we know Morison might have said "you're not going to be first choice but you can fight for a place". Some players might not want that at this stage in their career and would rather go somewhere as first choice and try to hang on to that position.

Way too early to be worrying, particularly as many out of contract players will have a contract until end of May and/or could be off on holiday, internationals, etc.

Mon May 30, 2022 2:08 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Agreed, and maybe that was the issue.

For all we know Morison might have said "you're not going to be first choice but you can fight for a place". Some players might not want that at this stage in their career and would rather go somewhere as first choice and try to hang on to that position.

Way too early to be worrying, particularly as many out of contract players will have a contract until end of May and/or could be off on holiday, internationals, etc.

People like Barclay will complain about everything even the tea lady probably because she doesn’t make it strong enough. Probably on orders from Mr. Tan.

But people who complain about possible or rumoured signings know Jack shit about the situation and what’s going on in various talks and interviews. There’s dozens of reasons why we don’t sign someone we are rumoured to be looking at or even had talks with.

But it’s easier for some to just blame the club end of.

Tue May 31, 2022 4:27 pm

I still believe that 2 players have signed done deal. Why they have not been announced i dont know. Perhaps they are waiting till 10th june when they can register them. But this is city not even announced the retained list. :banghead:

Tue May 31, 2022 6:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:I still believe that 2 players have signed done deal. Why they have not been announced i dont know. Perhaps they are waiting till 10th june when they can register them. But this is city not even announced the retained list. :banghead:

Any news on positions Rog?

Tue May 31, 2022 7:05 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:I still believe that 2 players have signed done deal. Why they have not been announced i dont know. Perhaps they are waiting till 10th june when they can register them. But this is city not even announced the retained list. :banghead:

Andrew all I have been told is two players :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2022 9:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew all I have been told is two players :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point..... tell them got set date to give answer as same offer wont be on table after this.

Guys with all due respect, have a bit of patience. We've been spoilt with 4 early signings but most of the players are on holiday now having some down with their friends/family or on international duty. I don't think giving people ultimatums is always the most persuasive tactic, especially when we are probably not going to be the A-side in every negotiation.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:06 am

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Guys with all due respect, have a bit of patience. We've been spoilt with 4 early signings but most of the players are on holiday now having some down with their friends/family or on international duty. I don't think giving people ultimatums is always the most persuasive tactic, especially when we are probably not going to be the A-side in every negotiation.

I’m patient mate. No rush at all imo. I’m just saying that on principle if a player wants to look elsewhere we should only keep our offer on the table for a few days then either move on to next target or renegotiate a (lower) contract offer. Plenty of time for signings though.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I’m patient mate. No rush at all imo. I’m just saying that on principle if a player wants to look elsewhere we should only keep our offer on the table for a few days then either move on to next target or renegotiate a (lower) contract offer. Plenty of time for signings though.

Fair enough mate. It is frustrating mind knowing we need basically a whole squad through the door and we’ve heard nothing for a week or two!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:19 pm

I don't understand the "Sign in a week or we'll move on" mentality. If they are youngsters I sort of get it, but we need at least 4-5 players with proven Championship (or higher) experience.

When it comes to the experienced potential signings, if they are any good, we won't be the only offer on the table. It's right and proper that they take their time to consider their options. That said, after Thursday, a lot of them will make their minds up pretty early! :thumbup: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:04 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I don't understand the "Sign in a week or we'll move on" mentality. If they are youngsters I sort of get it, but we need at least 4-5 players with proven Championship (or higher) experience.

When it comes to the experienced potential signings, if they are any good, we won't be the only offer on the table. It's right and proper that they take their time to consider their options. That said, after Thursday, a lot of them will make their minds up pretty early! :thumbup: :bluebird:

Sign in a week or if you come back to us it may not be the same offer I’d say.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:27 pm

Has Morison actually said "Sign in a week or else". Not sure he has.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:36 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Has Morison actually said "Sign in a week or else". Not sure he has.

I’m sure he hadn’t either, just stating what I’d say.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:56 pm

Signed :thumbup:

Not sure on him mind, but naed on the last window Morrison knows a lot more than us :thumbup: