Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Julian Jenkins ‘

Mon May 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Jenkins' Yeovil takeover is off

The bid to take over Yeovil Town led by former Cardiff City director Julian Jenkins has ended.
Simul Sports Group, whose director is Jenkins, were thought to be close to taking over the National League outfit. Indeed, back in January Jenkins said the deal was in its "final stages".

Jenkins was at Cardiff for 10 years between 2004 and 2014 and was partly responsible for the change of identity and behind the Red strip and change of badge.

However in a series of tweets by Damien Singh, chief finance officer of online graphic design tool Canva who has involvement with the Jenkins-led takeover, stated the deal had hit the kibosh.
His tweets read: “Regrettably after a protracted period of due diligence during which we have expended significant time, energy and financial resources, we have had to cease our efforts to secure ownership of Yeovil Town Football Club.
”We unfortunately could not conclude our negotiations despite a series of recent offers with funds placed on our solicitors account.

”Yeovil Town is a special club, I’ve visited Huish Park on a number of occasions and have family in the area. We had big plans to restore the glory days and footballing pride to the community. But disappointingly that has come to an end for us today.
”Myself and the other members of the group, Darren DeLandro and Marc Bircham, acknowledge that this is a difficult period for the fans and we want to wish the Glovers all the best for the future. No further comment will be made at this time.”

Jenkins was at Cardiff for 10 years between 2004 and 2014 and was partly responsible for the change of identity and behind the Red strip and change of badge.

Re: ‘ Julian Jenkins ‘

Mon May 30, 2022 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jenkins' Yeovil takeover is off

The bid to take over Yeovil Town led by former Cardiff City director Julian Jenkins has ended.
Simul Sports Group, whose director is Jenkins, were thought to be close to taking over the National League outfit. Indeed, back in January Jenkins said the deal was in its "final stages".

However in a series of tweets by Damien Singh, chief finance officer of online graphic design tool Canva who has involvement with the Jenkins-led takeover, stated the deal had hit the kibosh.
His tweets read: “Regrettably after a protracted period of due diligence during which we have expended significant time, energy and financial resources, we have had to cease our efforts to secure ownership of Yeovil Town Football Club.
”We unfortunately could not conclude our negotiations despite a series of recent offers with funds placed on our solicitors account.

”Yeovil Town is a special club, I’ve visited Huish Park on a number of occasions and have family in the area. We had big plans to restore the glory days and footballing pride to the community. But disappointingly that has come to an end for us today.
”Myself and the other members of the group, Darren DeLandro and Marc Bircham, acknowledge that this is a difficult period for the fans and we want to wish the Glovers all the best for the future. No further comment will be made at this time.”

I noticed hes sold his bar in Barry now a Turkish restaurant

Mon May 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Always had a soft spot for Yeovil. Not entirely sure why. When I was young, I think it was my second season following City with my dad, I remember watching us play them in the FA Cup. I think Carl Dale scored against us, I vaguely remember them having a flare and that being the first time I had seen one in British football. I must have been about 8.

Probably best for them that this takeover did fail, based on how his time with us ended and how divided we became.

Mon May 30, 2022 5:10 pm

He was finance director during the rebrand but I didn't realise he was partially responsible for it, not the wisest decision by an FD unless he was given no choice.

Tue May 31, 2022 11:16 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Always had a soft spot for Yeovil. Not entirely sure why. When I was young, I think it was my second season following City with my dad, I remember watching us play them in the FA Cup. I think Carl Dale scored against us, I vaguely remember them having a flare and that being the first time I had seen one in British football. I must have been about 8.

Probably best for them that this takeover did fail, based on how his time with us ended and how divided we became.

Carl Dale did indeed score against us in that game which finished 1-1 - it was the first and one of very few matches I ever saw from the Grandstand. We won the replay 1-2 if I remember correctly with the game featuring as live commentary on 5 live which I listened to as I deocrated the kitchen...

Tue May 31, 2022 11:24 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:He was finance director during the rebrand but I didn't realise he was partially responsible for it, not the wisest decision by an FD unless he was given no choice.

Did anyone inside the club 'have a choice', mate?

It's unlikely; but certain individuals outside of the Boardroom (mostly no longer associating themselves with the club) still have questions to answer surrounding their motives :(

Tue May 31, 2022 1:17 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:He was finance director during the rebrand but I didn't realise he was partially responsible for it, not the wisest decision by an FD unless he was given no choice.

It's unlikely; but certain individuals outside of the Boardroom (mostly no longer associating themselves with the club) still have questions to answer surrounding their motives :(

The only choice they were probably given was Hobsons at best mate. I can't see him actively promoting it but maybe it just 'partially' fell under his remit of responsibilities and just had to get on with what they'd been told to do.

Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

The only choice they were probably given was Hobsons at best mate. I can't see him actively promoting it but maybe it just 'partially' fell under his remit of responsibilities and just had to get on with what they'd been told to do.

Agree, mate :thumbup:

Not knocking him for his time/effort but I'm told Julian was never that high up the club pecking order

But as a Board member, he would fall in line with and ensure agreed policies and procedures were provided and implemented; as per his remit as said Board member

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:44 am

He is / was involved with Ely Rangers I believe when they were in the Welsh Premier League 2 - or whatever it was called. I met him once - seemed a very nice bloke with good intentions. Cardiff through and through so i doubt he would have initiated any switch to red - other than just following the whim of Tan and the disaster that followed.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:13 pm

Met him a number of times seemed a decent sort and hard working for the club.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:23 pm

pipster wrote:He is / was involved with Ely Rangers I believe when they were in the Welsh Premier League 2 - or whatever it was called. I met him once - seemed a very nice bloke with good intentions. Cardiff through and through so i doubt he would have initiated any switch to red - other than just following the whim of Tan and the disaster that followed.

Oh there was plenty of Cardiff through and through that were in the “I’d play in pink pokedots if we get to play in the PL” camp.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:26 am

pipster wrote:He is / was involved with Ely Rangers I believe when they were in the Welsh Premier League 2 - or whatever it was called. I met him once - seemed a very nice bloke with good intentions. Cardiff through and through so i doubt he would have initiated any switch to red - other than just following the whim of Tan and the disaster that followed.

I was at every meeting and I opposed it beyond, Julian was one of the main spokespersons pushing it and sadly getting fans on board.
What ever I said, about keeping our Blue and Badge, Julian was in total favour for the Red and and the despicable badge.

How many games has he been to since he left?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I was at every meeting and I opposed it beyond, Julian was one of the main spokespersons pushing it and sadly getting fans on board.
What ever I said, about keeping our Blue and Badge, Julian was in total favour for the Red and and the despicable badge.

He was a sell out and sold a bad dream to those supporters who were gullible to listen to him aka Red Leader.

He left the club through the back door where hardly anyone noticed his disappearance. I was one that saw him leave and said to myself good riddance to him.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:08 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He was a sell out and sold a bad dream to those supporters who were gullible to listen to him aka Red Leader.

He left the club through the back door where hardly anyone noticed his disappearance. I was one that saw him leave and said to myself good riddance to him.

Sadly very spot on Ian