Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALL 92 CLUBS IN PREM-EFL AVERAGE HOME CROWDS IN ORDER 2021-2

Mon May 30, 2022 6:36 pm

2021-22 SEASON 1-92 AVERAGE HOME CROWDS:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ALL 92 CLUBS IN PREM-EFL AVERAGE HOME CROWDS IN ORDER 20

Mon May 30, 2022 6:37 pm

:thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 30, 2022 6:37 pm

Mon May 30, 2022 6:38 pm

Mon May 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Mon May 30, 2022 6:42 pm

Mon May 30, 2022 6:47 pm

“ CARDIFF CITY 2021-22 FIXTURES IN FULL / RESULTS/ CROWDS “

18,869 the home average this season (21 games as two were under Covid restrictions)

Cardiff were 16th in the Championship for away Support in 2021-22. 1,247 average away Support.

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY AWAY SUPPORT IN 2021-22 “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Most away games pay on the day / No restrictions :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY AWAY SUPPORT: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Blackpool 1,505

Peterborough 637

Nottingham Forest 1,668

Coventry City 1,277

Blackburn 983

Swansea 1,465

Fulham 659

Stoke 927

Preston 930

Luton 1,032 (Sold out)

Birmingham City 1,685

Bournemouth 1,062

WBA 1,873

Bristol City 2,272 (Sold out )

Barnsley 565

Millwall 1,073

Huddersfield 1,038

QPR 1,494

Reading 2,134

Hull City 603

Sheffield United 560

Boro 190

Derby 1,660

Mon May 30, 2022 6:54 pm

Reply FB:

Mon May 30, 2022 8:07 pm

Wrexham FC would be 58th in the list with an average attendance of 8,647!

Mon May 30, 2022 8:59 pm

There are a few football clubs that are absolutely the centre of their community and nothing else prevails.

Sunderland is one of those places. The football team is the ONLY professional sporting club in the city and the surrounding areas. When you add to that a lesser amount of non sporting attractions you soon get a feel for how important the football club is to, what was, a very heavy industry, working class population.

In comparison somewhere like Cardiff has professional sports teams playing at the top levels of football, cricket, rugby and ice hockey. As well as the attractions that go with a capital city from a country with a unique culture.

We share a fan base with many different sports and pastimes. However success can help draw on that much bigger fanbase.

That said there is no doubting from a footballing point of view Sunderland are a massive club.

Mon May 30, 2022 9:52 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Wrexham FC would be 58th in the list with an average attendance of 8,647!

Fair play brilliant for non league.

Mon May 30, 2022 10:09 pm

Wayne S wrote:There are a few football clubs that are absolutely the centre of their community and nothing else prevails.

Sunderland is one of those places. The football team is the ONLY professional sporting club in the city and the surrounding areas. When you add to that a lesser amount of non sporting attractions you soon get a feel for how important the football club is to, what was, a very heavy industry, working class population.

In comparison somewhere like Cardiff has professional sports teams playing at the top levels of football, cricket, rugby and ice hockey. As well as the attractions that go with a capital city from a country with a unique culture.

We share a fan base with many different sports and pastimes. However success can help draw on that much bigger fanbase.

That said there is no doubting from a footballing point of view Sunderland are a massive club.

I totally disagree, I have visitedSunderland on many occasions not just with Cardiff, but have many friends there.

It’s a smaller population than Cardiff and has not got all the areas around it like Cardiff, we only have Newport County to compete with , they have Newcastle, Boro and many non league clubs. They have Ice Hockey, Sunderland Chiefs, they have rugby etc.

Cardiff Blues get about 5,000.

Look at this type of crowd
Only 5,767 people turned up to watch Ospreys v Cardiff Blues.

Sunderland have just spent 4yrs in league 1 (3) , what would our crowds be?

I’ve seen Sunderland bring over 10,000 to Ninian Park, Newcastle never have. I have gone to Tranmere to watch them a crowd of 16,000, 12,000 Sunderland.

We have virtually the whole of South Wales to draw upon.

I rate them as top 10 in the Uk with their passionate support .

We should and could be bigger, but they live and breath their club.

We can draw upon a million people with in a 30 miles radius with mostly nothing to do in other sports.

Tue May 31, 2022 12:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:There are a few football clubs that are absolutely the centre of their community and nothing else prevails.

I totally disagree, I have visitedSunderland on many occasions not just with Cardiff, but have many friends there.

It’s a smaller population than Cardiff and has not got all the areas around it like Cardiff, we only have Newport County to compete with , they have Newcastle, Boro and many non league clubs. They have Ice Hockey, Sunderland Chiefs, they have rugby etc.

I’ve seen Sunderland bring over 10,000 to Ninian Park, Newcastle never have. I have gone to Tranmere to watch them a crowd of 16,000, 12,000 Sunderland.

We can draw upon a million people with in a 30 miles radius with mostly nothing to do in other sports.

We are agreeing on catchments and the potential we SHOULD have. We are just disagreeing on the outside factors affecting how hard it is for us to get fans from that catchment.

I read an article a while back talking about how Sunderland and a few other city football clubs had no other competing PROFESSIONAL sports to dilute their pull.

However small the pulling power of other sports in and around Cardiff they are still reducing our potential. You can also add to that the amount of rugby clubs that are at the heart of many of the valleys towns.

Many sports fans in the area do not pay to attend more than one sport. I know of a few but they mostly attend one and support others from an armchair.

I would say that Cardiff City need much more success on the field than the likes of a Sunderland to draw similar crowds. We have the potential but we are not the beating heart of a community like Sunderland AFC are.

Tue May 31, 2022 6:16 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We are agreeing on catchments and the potential we SHOULD have. We are just disagreeing on the outside factors affecting how hard it is for us to get fans from that catchment.

I read an article a while back talking about how Sunderland and a few other city football clubs had no other competing PROFESSIONAL sports to dilute their pull.

However small the pulling power of other sports in and around Cardiff they are still reducing our potential. You can also add to that the amount of rugby clubs that are at the heart of many of the valleys towns.

Many sports fans in the area do not pay to attend more than one sport. I know of a few but they mostly attend one and support others from an armchair.

I would say that Cardiff City need much more success on the field than the likes of a Sunderland to draw similar crowds. We have the potential but we are not the beating heart of a community like Sunderland AFC are.

I can see your points and your right we do agree the majority of them and you are right Wayne, Sunderland FC is the heartbeat of their community and their lives do basically involve Sunderland. As to the rugby in the valleys crowds are very very small and if City are doing well and we’re in the Premier I stand by this if we held 50,000 we could fill it for at least 10 matches and average over 40,000.

My only concern is, the majority of our fan base disappears as quick as they came.

We needed 7yrs in Prem like Jacks and I do believe we would of held on to a lot, unlike them.

Tue May 31, 2022 7:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I can see your points and your right we do agree the majority of them and you are right Wayne, Sunderland FC is the heartbeat of their community and their lives do basically involve Sunderland. As to the rugby in the valleys crowds are very very small and if City are doing well and we’re in the Premier I stand by this if we held 50,000 we could fill it for at least 10 matches and average over 40,000.

My only concern is, the majority of our fan base disappears as quick as they came.

We needed 7yrs in Prem like Jacks and I do believe we would of held on to a lot, unlike them.

Absolutely, absolutely.

We've had our single season dallying with the Premier League and we can see from that what was possible. We need the next step of multiple seasons in the EPL to embed the football club into the social lives of "come and go" fans.

Please let's not go backwards to mid table mediocrity for 5 to 10 seasons or even worse.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:16 am

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolutely, absolutely.

We've had our single season dallying with the Premier League and we can see from that what was possible. We need the next step of multiple seasons in the EPL to embed the football club into the social lives of "come and go" fans.

Please let's not go backwards to mid table mediocrity for 5 to 10 seasons or even worse.

That’s right Wayne, we need to go for promotion next season, if we continue as we have been doing we will lose many more fans.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I believe the ice hockey team went out of business nearly 20 years ago in Sunderland and never reach any heights due to lack of success and crowds Sunderland does have other sports but population only really interested in football Cardiff is totally different regarding the sporting scene with so many other sports to watch However saying that Cardiff City should be better supported

Tue May 31, 2022 10:27 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I believe the ice hockey team went out of business nearly 20 years ago in Sunderland and never reach any heights due to lack of success and crowds Sunderland does have other sports but population only really interested in football Cardiff is totally different regarding the sporting scene with so many other sports to watch However saying that Cardiff City should be better supported

But Cardiff City have a way way bigger catchment area than Sunderland, without a doubt.

People should respect at this current moment a club who were in a lower league has bigger crowds than us and way more passionate about their club, no matter how bad they are doing.

And they also travel long distances and never take as low as 200 away, usually sold out at every away game.

Rugby is dying in Wales and when it was big, it was just for internationals.

Cricket is a summer sport and mostly Cardiff fans anyway.

Also all the towns around Cardiff and valleys have populations of 30,000-60,000 with nothing there.

Tue May 31, 2022 12:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But Cardiff City have a way way bigger catchment area than Sunderland, without a doubt.

People should respect at this current moment a club who were in a lower league has bigger crowds than us and way more passionate about their club, no matter how bad they are doing.

And they also travel long distances and never take as low as 200 away, usually sold out at every away game.

Also all the towns around Cardiff and valleys have populations of 30,000-60,000 with nothing there.

In agreement with you that our fan base should be higher by at least 6/7k in our current situation as a championship club Sunderland are really a one sport city which is a surprise when the metro area has a population of nearly 350k They have no other sports team of any note They are thou surrounded by other clubs that would effect them more than Cardiff from a football view
Having done work up at the university of sunderland for a few months I can honsestly say i never heard anyone talk about any other team sport but football

But with you regarding that we should be much better supported

Tue May 31, 2022 1:21 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In agreement with you that our fan base should be higher by at least 6/7k in our current situation as a championship club Sunderland are really a one sport city which is a surprise when the metro area has a population of nearly 350k They have no other sports team of any note They are thou surrounded by other clubs that would effect them more than Cardiff from a football view
Having done work up at the university of sunderland for a few months I can honsestly say i never heard anyone talk about any other team sport but football

But with you regarding that we should be much better supported

That’s fair enough and fair play to them.

Tue May 31, 2022 4:40 pm

All complete and utter nonsense Sunderland have spent 86 seasons in the top Division compared to our 17.the best supported clubs are the ones who have spent the majority of their history in the top division.i challenge anyone to a name a club that got a bigger fanbase than us but has spent less than 17 seasons in the top division.im waiting??????.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:31 am

skiprat wrote:All complete and utter nonsense Sunderland have spent 86 seasons in the top Division compared to our 17.the best supported clubs are the ones who have spent the majority of their history in the top division.i challenge anyone to a name a club that got a bigger fanbase than us but has spent less than 17 seasons in the top division.im waiting??????.

Well based on the crowd averages above only Brighton have spent less than 10 years on top division

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:57 am

skiprat wrote:All complete and utter nonsense Sunderland have spent 86 seasons in the top Division compared to our 17.the best supported clubs are the ones who have spent the majority of their history in the top division.i challenge anyone to a name a club that got a bigger fanbase than us but has spent less than 17 seasons in the top division.im waiting??????.

That’s years and years ago, the last 30-40 yrs for the size of their club they have had way more downs than ups, but their fan base has stated.

Our fan base of 50,000 plus where are they or even the 30,000 plus a few yrs ago.
Just watch next season, I spoke yesterday as I got another season ticket for one of my daughters , it’s the lowest selling for about 12yrs.

We have the fan base without a doubt, we should be sold out even last season with our catchment area.

Since World War II, their league performances have been considerably poorer, only finishing in the top half nine times, (1947, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1955, 1956, 2000, 2001 and 2011), and only reaching the top seven four times (1950, 1955, 2000 and 2001). Furthermore, they have been relegated eleven times, and just over half of this period has been spent in the top flight (41 out of 76 seasons); of the 35

How many of these fans that witnessed belows great years are still attending.

Just for once admit, clubs like Sunderland have great and loyal support, the jealousy gets to much.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:11 am

Leeds spent 16 years between 2004 and 2020.outside the top league, but continued to sell out at all away games and they have over stayed loyal at home.

You have to accept these clubs fans like Sunderland are very loyal and passionate.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:13 am

FULHAM:

The club has spent 27 seasons in English football's top division, the majority of which have come in two periods during the 1960s and 2000s.

So where is their loyal home and away support and big crowds??

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:09 am

I absolutely think we should be getting much bigger attendances given our catchment area of South East Wales is now officially 1.5m (Future Wales 2040 - The National Plan).

Many of the reasons have already been mentioned and like most things the truth is often in between and a mix of factors. The potential is definitely there though.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:23 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:I absolutely think we should be getting much bigger attendances given our catchment area of South East Wales is now officially 1.5m (Future Wales 2040 - The National Plan).

Many of the reasons have already been mentioned and like most things the truth is often in between and a mix of factors. The potential is definitely there though.

I agree, with everyone of your points there and without a doubt our crowds should be way bigger and sometimes we only take a couple hundred away and that to me is not good for the size of our club and it’s surrounding areas, even little clubs like Exeter take at least that in a night game.

We are potentially massive, but we’ve been saying this for 50 yrs.

We only turn up for the big games.

We need to push our club to the South Wales and should be selling 20,000 season tickets.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:11 pm

You are joking surely?. If Sunderland had our history 17 seasons in division one last major trophy 95 years ago theyd still have a big fanbase .I don't think so .and jealous ?. Dam right I am of the fact that derby fans have enjoyed 66 years of top flight football forest 57 etc etc. Me in my 47th year of watching the club one season of top flight football that's shocking for an area with a million people in its catchment area