Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Owner funding in the Championship

Mon May 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Taken from a report on the Jacks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Owner funding in the Championship

Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 am

M4 Exile wrote:Taken from a report on the Jacks

If this is accurate we have a lot to thank Vincent Tan for. He, as any person in any walk of life, has made some mistakes. But to keep bankrolling us as he has deserves a lot of credit in my opinion. :bluebird:

Tue May 31, 2022 8:06 am

You'd be gutted if you were the QPR owner mind :o

All that money and haven't really looked like going up :roll:

At least we've done it twice in that period even if it didn't last very long :lol:

Tue May 31, 2022 8:06 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:Taken from a report on the Jacks

If this is accurate we have a lot to thank Vincent Tan for. He, as any person in any walk of life, has made some mistakes. But to keep bankrolling us as he has deserves a lot of credit in my opinion. :bluebird:

Totally agree, and if you had a table of just share purchasing instead of loans and share purchases he would be top of the list

Tue May 31, 2022 8:20 pm

Can’t be right, according to some on here Tan has never put any money into our club!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:06 am

"According to some" ??

I Dont think anybody has ever said Tan has never put any money into the club.

Personally, I believe for the last few years he has 'kept it alive' but has shown no interest in progress, no interest in the club or supporters.

Someone else said on a different thread re Forest that they spent just under £4M this year. They went on to say it shows you dont need money, intimating that £4m is nothing these days.

I dont believe We will ever spend that sort of money on our squad under the current regime again.

So the question therefore is ' Is £4M nothing in terms of championship or not'? cos if its nothing, and were trying to compete scrabbling round on frees, kids, and lower league players then were in a worse position than any on here want to believe.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:40 am

Barclay1 wrote:"According to some" ??

I Dont think anybody has ever said Tan has never put any money into the club.

Personally, I believe for the last few years he has 'kept it alive' but has shown no interest in progress, no interest in the club or supporters.

Someone else said on a different thread re Forest that they spent just under £4M this year. They went on to say it shows you dont need money, intimating that £4m is nothing these days.

I dont believe We will ever spend that sort of money on our squad under the current regime again.

So the question therefore is ' Is £4M nothing in terms of championship or not'? cos if its nothing, and were trying to compete scrabbling round on frees, kids, and lower league players then were in a worse position than any on here want to believe.

It certainly isn't nothing! 4m is a big spend in the Championship. As I keep stating. There are clubs in a worse off position than us and most on par! The days of championship clubs spending big are long gone. We are not the only club scrambling for frees!

Last season only 5 clubs spent more than forests 4m... Swansea, WBA, Boro, Bournemouth and Fulham. Most clubs spent near to nothing on fees.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:17 am

Serious question then, did Forest buy their way to promotion?

Am wo dering what is now considered 'big spending'?

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:44 am

Barclay1 wrote:Serious question then, did Forest buy their way to promotion?

Am wo dering what is now considered 'big spending'?

I'd say it's not a case of big sending. It's going to be any spending!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:36 am

Ok, to a degree its accepted of course, bit did Forest buy their way to the Premier league on £4M? Have they been 'bankrolled' to the tune of £4M?

Will they now 'Do a Derby'because they spent money as so many on here like to say or add everytime a poster suggests some money is spent at Cardiff City?

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:49 am

Barclay1 wrote:Ok, to a degree its accepted of course, bit did Forest buy their way to the Premier league on £4M? Have they been 'bankrolled' to the tune of £4M?

Will they now 'Do a Derby'because they spent money as so many on here like to say or add everytime a poster suggests some money is spent at Cardiff City?

No. They simply employed the right manager.

Swansea spent more than them as did WBA - both arguably very poor seasons. I'd even say if we spent more we wouldn't have gone up woth MM in charge!

Simply put, personnel is more important than flashing the cash. And that's in all aspects of the club. Hopefully Morison can be that coach for us.

Clubs that don't have an owner who can afford to 'keep things going' are going to struggle to stay afloat in the coming years! We're lucky we have one.