Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ex Cardiff City player says what Cardiff need to sign

Tue May 31, 2022 3:42 pm

Cardiff City need to add Championship experience this summer Says Joe Ledley.

The Bluebirds have added four new players to their ranks this term, however none of them have any Championship games under their belts. Jak Alnwick does have six Premier League appearances from his Newcastle days, however.

With 10 players currently running out of contract this summer, Cardiff have a huge void to fill when it comes to bringing in players with second-tier experience. And Ledley, who was speaking to WalesOnline about the launch of his new football academy, believes Morison will get the requisite calibre of player in this summer and emulate his impressive feats from the January window.

"He has come in and had a very difficult job after Mick," Ledley said. "I thought he recruited very well in January. I thought he signed some good players.

"The job was to stay in the league and he achieved that. It'll be interesting to see what he does now. He has got a few players in but there won't be much budget there. I'd like to see more experienced players coming in to help these young players.

"It's like Wales, you've got to start looking at Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies to produce. Because they are great young players coming through and it's great to see that, because Cardiff have struggled since myself, Aaron Ramsey and Chris Gunter left.

"It'll be an interesting one for him and I'm sure he'll make the right signings, like he did in January."

Re: Ex Cardiff City player says what Cardiff need to sign

Tue May 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City need to add Championship experience this summer Says Joe Ledley.

"It's like Wales, you've got to start looking at Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies to produce. Because they are great young players coming through and it's great to see that, because Cardiff have struggled since myself, Aaron Ramsey and Chris Gunter left.
."

I keep reading and re-reading this paragraph, i assume he is talking about player development rather than success

Tue May 31, 2022 9:05 pm

One could argue we have been more successful since he left , whats poor old James Collins and Gabbs done to be excluded from his list ??

Tue May 31, 2022 11:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City need to add Championship experience this summer Says Joe Ledley.

."

I keep reading and re-reading this paragraph, i assume he is talking about player development rather than success

Thought the same .

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:11 am

New Day Rising wrote:One could argue we have been more successful since he left , whats poor old James Collins and Gabbs done to be excluded from his list ??

I think he meant since he left and Gabbs and Collins came before him.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:41 am

Mr Ledley kicked off in a pub a few months ago - and when he was asked to leave by the staff - he gave it the big "dont you know who I am" routine - to which the member of staff said - no I dont know who you are, but I do know youre very drunk, rude and obnoxious and have to leave - now