Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you prefer Wales to play Scotland or Ukraine in World Cup Play-off?

You may select 1 option

View results

Scotland or Ukraine?

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:35 am

There’s pluses and negatives for both but I’m thinking Ukraine as we do well v European opponents at the CCS. Against Scotland it may end up like a typical British game and I feel they may just have the edge on us if that happens.

Re: Scotland or Ukraine?

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:33 am

I hope we play Ukraine, because if we did play Scotland and we lost, it would be awful watching the world Cup games and seeing another British team play instead of us. I could just about handle seeing Ukraine, but not Scotland.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:55 am

AVONDALEBLUE

Whoever wins us ukraine scotland will be playing england in the group stage .

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:43 pm

If I cant support Wales at the World Cup Id like to support my Celtic brothers. Ill be cheering on Scotland

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:02 pm

Not Scotland the buggers will be practicing their dives for a penalty..... done the handball bit .. :laughing6:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:30 pm

Either as we are better than both of them.

In fact, we would beat them both at the same time.

:)

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:00 pm

On football based reasons Ukraine, and Im personallly not good with ginger men in skirts with no undies

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:25 pm

Scotland for me :thumbright:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:16 pm

I went for Scotland despite the deep scars I have from that handball decision. Let them feel bad for knocking out Ukraine rather than us getting the abuse that will no doubt follow.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:46 pm

bye bye jocks :wave:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:50 pm

Sky presenter just said that Ukraine are on their way to Cardiff with ‘a chance of going to Quatar and I’m sure the whole world wants them to be there’.
Not quite the whole world love, but I know what she meant.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Show them respect, clap and a prayer... but when those anthems start!! I think we're a better team, we should win, but it's a one off. And if we lose I'd rather lose to Ukraine than Scotland (but we won't)

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 pm

A heroic Ukraine roused a performance of spirit, endeavour and courage to stun Scotland and earn a historic World Cup play-off final against Wales.

With their country enshrouded in trauma amid the ongoing war with Russia, a team hauled together shone brightly at a sun-drenched Hampden.

Andriy Yarmolenko and Roman Yaremchuk struck either side of half-time, before Callum McGregor gave Scotland hope late on. But Artem Dovbyk sealed a Qatar 2022 showdown in Cardiff on Sunday with the last kick of the ball.

While images of fans watching on in war-torn Ukraine circulated, 3,500 fans bedecked in light blue and yellow - including 65 orphans invited by the Scottish FA - celebrated wildly in Glasgow on a night none will forget.