Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ GARETH BALES LATEST MESSAGE ‘

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:06 am

Gareth Bale has ended his hugely successful nine-year career with Real Madrid with an emotional and classy message of thanks to supporters and staff.

The Wales talisman, 32, won an astonishing 19 trophies during his time at the Bernabeu, including five Champions Leagues and three La Liga titles. His exploits while in a Real Madrid shirt will go down in history.

At this current moment there are over 20 clubs showing interest in Bale, from Nottingham Forest, Spurs, Southampton to the USA, but it will be Bales decision and this will all come to reality after Wales World Cup match this Sunday.

GARETH BALE MESSAGE:

"I write this message to say thank you to my team-mates, past and present, my managers, my backroom staff and to the fans that supported me," he wrote in a statement issued on social media on Wednesday morning.

"I arrived here nine years ago as a young man who wanted to realise my dream of playing for Real Madrid. To wear the pristine white kit, to wear the crest on my chest, to play at the Santiago Bernabeu, to win titles and to be part of what it's so famous for, to win the Champions League.

"I can now look back, reflect and say with honesty that this dream became a reality and much, much more. To be part of this club's history and to achieve what we achieved while I was a Real Madrid player has been an incredible experience and one I will never forget.

"I also want to thank President Florentino Perez, Jose Angel Sanchez and the board for giving me the opportunity to play for this club. Together we were able to create some moments that will live forever in the history of the club and football. It has been an honour. Thank you! HALA MADRID!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ GARETH BALES LATEST MESSAGE ‘

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:20 am

Qualify Sunday and I think he will be a cardiff player next season.

If we fail to qualify I can see him retiring.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:04 pm

NOBBY

He will be almost retired if he plays for us anyway
it will be as and when
how long and how many games
he may come on for any free kicks around the box

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:07 pm

montyblue wrote:NOBBY

it will be as and when

This guy is a legend, whichever way you cut it. What an unbelievable career he has had. I mean, 5 Champion Leagues!....who else has done that?

If he does grace our hallowed turf we should be so grateful......even if it is on his terms.

We can only get 3 points from any one game.....but as a betting man I would put money on Bale to be the difference in at least 15 matches next season. :bluebird:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 pm

Sky sports news interviewer said to reporter that ‘we understand that GB may well go to Cardiff on a short term deal if wales win on Sunday. If they lose, he may well retire’
Also quoted that he was a boyhood CCFC fan.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:32 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

it will be as and when

This guy is a legend, whichever way you cut it. What an unbelievable career he has had. I mean, 5 Champion Leagues!....who else has done that?

If he does grace our hallowed turf we should be so grateful......even if it is on his terms.

We can only get 3 points from any one game.....but as a betting man I would put money on Bale to be the difference in at least 15 matches next season. :bluebird:

It's not only his goalscoring/assists that will be good it's his effect on the club with his presence that be worth fair few points as well. :thumbup:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

it will be as and when

It's not only his goalscoring/assists that will be good it's his effect on the club with his presence that be worth fair few points as well. :thumbup:

Totally agree Allan.

This guy is as professional as they come. Slated by the Spanish media on, at best, tenuous grounds. Also slated by the supporters of the club he represented!! :roll:

Those Spaniards need to grow a pair FFS. My sympathies always laid with the Catelonians, but after witnessing the central Govts. response to a cry for freedom, Madrid has dropped below 3rd world country antics IMO.

So in summary, come home Gareth......you know it makes sense. :bluebird:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:06 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

it will be as and when

Totally agree Allan.

This guy is as professional as they come. Slated by the Spanish media on, at best, tenuous grounds. Also slated by the supporters of the club he represented!! :roll:

Those Spaniards need to grow a pair FFS. My sympathies always laid with the Catelonians, but after witnessing the central Govts. response to a cry for freedom, Madrid has dropped below 3rd world country antics IMO.

So in summary, come home Gareth......you know it makes sense. :bluebird:

Only some of the supporters, most appreciated him. Another thing blown up by the media via the actions of a few idiots.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:54 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

it will be as and when

Grateful? Some on here? :?

First opportunity, you could name the detractors lurking in the shadows waiting and hoping for the opportunity...

There's a chance a home grown 'worldy' would come to our club and, for me at least, it would be the biggest fillip we have ever had on the playing side

On a personal note, I was lucky enough to see him win one of his Champions League medals in his/our very own city of Cardiff and I would love every second he put on a shirt for (what would then be) his/our Cardiff City FC :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:57 pm

It'll be Spurs or us. Doesnt need the money and you cant put a price on the kudos or buy the hero status.
For all the young kids out there in South Wales area it will set a great example of how they can also follow their dreams and be a global / local hero.

For that reason alone I hope he comes to us for a season whilst working on his golf career.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:41 pm

If he signs for us I suspect we would happily drive him to the golf course anytime he wanted ! He’d be the best signing this club will have made in many a year. Dare I say ever. The most decorated British player. A Welsh legend and a local boy done good. We would be lucky and grateful to have him.