Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GARETH BALE:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:25 am

GARETH BALE:

"Receiving an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday honours list is a very proud moment for my family and I," he wrote on Twitter. "To be given this news as we prepare to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee makes it feel even more special.

"I joined an academy aged nine, so football is a defining part of my identity. I recognise the privilege of being able to do what I love, and for all the incredible moments, experiences, achievements and memories football has given me. I hope I’ve been able to give just as much back.

"Football is my whole life and I am deeply humbled to be recognised by the Queen."

Bale and his wife donated £500,000 to help NHS staff in Wales during the Covid-19 pandemic while it also emerged he pledged €500,000 to the Spanish health service. Following those donations, Bale said: "The University of Wales Hospital holds a special place in my heart. It is where I was born and it has provided great support to my family, friends and the wider community.

"Me and my family would like to show our support. Keep up the good work, you are doing an amazing job. Thank you very much."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: GARETH BALE:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:26 am

Congratulations, Gareth Bale... :clap: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Let's hope the good luck comes in three's...

Champions League, MBE, World Cup qualification... :D

Re: GARETH BALE:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:49 am

Sven wrote:Congratulations, Gareth Bale... :clap: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Let's hope the good luck comes in three's...

Champions League, MBE, World Cup qualification... :D

Let's hope it comes in fours and he signs for the City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: