Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New player interviews

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:00 pm

Surely it’s no coincidence that Tanner keeps tweeting about Bale and in the Jamilu Collins interview posted today he mentions Gareth Bale a couple of times.

He’s coming here if wales qualify or not isn’t he? A chance to play with Gareth Bale. Surely they would have waited to sign until after Sundays outcome of it did all hang on the result.

Not confident about Sunday after watching Ukraine last night. Very well drilled team and a couple of players who can produce a moment of magic. Stick Joe Allen and Ampadu on Zinchenko and we might be alright….

Re: New player interviews

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:12 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Surely it’s no coincidence that Tanner keeps tweeting about Bale and in the Jamilu Collins interview posted today he mentions Gareth Bale a couple of times.

He’s coming here if wales qualify or not isn’t he? A chance to play with Gareth Bale. Surely they would have waited to sign until after Sundays outcome of it did all hang on the result.

Not confident about Sunday after watching Ukraine last night. Very well drilled team and a couple of players who can produce a moment of magic. Stick Joe Allen and Ampadu on Zinchenko and we might be alright….

I’ve been thinking similar mate.
It could go either way on Sunday imo. Will be a squeaky bum game I think. :shock:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:15 pm

Couldn't believe how poor Scotland were last night, surely we are much better than them.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Couldn't believe how poor Scotland were last night, surely we are much better than them.

I hope it was Scotland were awful and not Ukraine were excellent otherwise we could have a difficult night. We also have the small matter of the ‘world’ being against us :o

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:37 pm

On the plus side I felt the Ukrainian goalkeeper looked decidedly dodgy. Get a few testers in early on.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:43 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Surely it’s no coincidence that Tanner keeps tweeting about Bale and in the Jamilu Collins interview posted today he mentions Gareth Bale a couple of times.

I think you’re reading way too much into it

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:45 pm

Wales win Bale is a bluebird
Wales lose Bale retires and probably live in Cardiff with family as a retired footballer
simples

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Bale signs regardless. Don't worry. If we make the world Cup it'll be a shorter contract. If we don't, one year with option to extend.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:55 pm

Stupid question but if the deal was Bale only signs of we fail to qualify for the World Cup, how many people would take that?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:10 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Stupid question but if the deal was Bale only signs of we fail to qualify for the World Cup, how many people would take that?

I would. Club before country for football.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:37 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Bale signs regardless. Don't worry. If we make the world Cup it'll be a shorter contract. If we don't, one year with option to extend.

I think you might be right .

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:27 pm

GaerBlue wrote:Stupid question but if the deal was Bale only signs of we fail to qualify for the World Cup, how many people would take that?

I would. This isn’t even a proper World Cup in my book. Played in the winter in a non footballing nation. Total bullshit.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:

I would. This isn’t even a proper World Cup in my book. Played in the winter in a non footballing nation. Total bullshit.

That's ridiculous. USA, South Africa, Japan, Russia. Last few. Hardly football powerhouses.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:17 pm

I would. I watch Cardiff more than Wales! Wales
Games are a nice sideline but doesn’t matter as much to me.

In recent years the attempts to presume all Wales football fans are pro independence pushes me away too. The criticism Gareth Bale has received in the last few days doesn’t do much against the view for me.
A man that’s done so much for us as a country gets grief because he accepts an honour they don’t agree with.

City for me every time.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 am

nubbsy wrote:

You do realise it was played in winter in all the southern hemisphere countries Just their winter and not ours

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:25 am

Abergavenny wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

You do realise it was played in winter in all the southern hemisphere countries Just their winter and not ours

In fact only one world cup has been played totally in our summer months The 1966 world cups Others were either totally in Spring or straddle Spring and Summer
I know i am being a tw*t pointing that out and i do agree with you that it does not seem right having the world cup in a nation that really does not like football that much

Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:57 am

Abergavenny wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

In fact only one world cup has been played totally in our summer months The 1966 world cups Others were either totally in Spring or straddle Spring and Summer
I know i am being a tw*t pointing that out and i do agree with you that it does not seem right having the world cup in a nation that really does not like football that much

I should have worded my point better. I didn’t really mean it being winter was the problem per se, but It’s being played in nov/Dec, in the middle of the domestic seasons, all for the sake of playing in Qatar. Just doesn’t sit right with me but each to their own.