Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh Football Fans Warned arrested if invade or set off

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:43 pm

Welsh football fans have been warned not to invade the pitch if Wales qualify for their first World Cup in 64 years this Sunday, amid pleas for supporters without tickets to avoid travelling to Cardiff.

"All spectators are politely requested to keep off the pitch," FAW bosses have asked. "Anyone entering the field of play will be subject to criminal proceedings.”

Supporters are reminded that anyone found to be in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a football match faces an FAW ban, probable arrest and a minimum three-year football banning order.

By Katie Sands

Thursday 2nd June 2022

Rob Page's men will face Ukraine in a sold-out World Cup play-off final on Sunday, June 5, at Cardiff City Stadium (5pm kick-off), where both sides will be vying to reach the finals in Qatar later this year.

With no fan zones being staged due to Jubilee celebrations and concerts in the Welsh capital, the Football Association of Wales has moved to publish advice asking fans not to travel to Cardiff if they are without a ticket due to other events going on.

"There is no public screening or fan zone showing the match within the city centre and fans without tickets are advised to avoid travelling due to several other events taking place on Sunday, 5 June," an FAW statement said.

They also stress that no tickets for the sold-out clash will be available to buy at Cardiff City Stadium, requesting non-ticketholders avoid travelling to the ground. "Access to the stadium will be restricted to ticket holders only," the statement added. "Supporters without tickets are requested to avoid the areas in and around stadium."

Should Wales go on to qualify for their first World Cup finals since 1958, it is impossible to quantify just how much such an achievement would mean to the Red Wall. However, fans are being urged to avoid a pitch invasion. Several pitch invasions at the end of the domestic season resulted in ugly incidents, with players hurt and Crystal Palace manager Patrick Vieira involved in an altercation with a supporter.

"All spectators are politely requested to keep off the pitch," FAW bosses have asked. "Anyone entering the field of play will be subject to criminal proceedings. It is also vitally important that the condition of the playing surface is protected for the two UEFA Nations League matches being played at Cardiff City Stadium [on June 8 and 11]."

Wales continue their Nations League campaign just days after the World Cup play-off final, hosting the Netherlands on Wednesday, June 8, and Belgium on Saturday, June 11. Their June international schedule then ends away to Netherlands on Tuesday, June 14.

As for Wales v Ukraine, fans are being advised to get to the stadium early to allow time to get through enhanced security checks. Gates open and concourse entertainment begins at 3pm before a 5pm kick-off.

Supporters are reminded that anyone found to be in possession of a pyrotechnic device at a football match faces an FAW ban, probable arrest and a minimum three-year football banning order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Welsh Football Fans Warned arrested if invade or set off

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:46 pm

Anybody elses stomach in knots?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:05 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Anybody elses stomach in knots?

Yes, but more because of how a loss affects our ability to possibly sign a certain player.

We win and it's massive for football in Wales, a World Cup Finals at last.

Even a loss gives us the little win of pushing for England to also lose against Ukraine and allow them a path to the knockout stages. Its what many in the English press think Scotland and us should do. :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:40 pm

IF Wales win and go to the world cup it would be the 1st time many fans would see it happen.
As for pyro/flares this makes the whole atmosphere electric in person and on tv. It shows that our fans have the huge passion for the team.

I dont mean to be mean but its the same situation when Cardiff fans celebrated after our club reached the premier league after 53 years. These are historical moments in every welsh fans life and should be celebrated and remembered.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:55 pm

They always say this and then nothing happens. They’re not going to ban 15,000 fans for 3 years.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:26 pm

I’m not nervous always up for a big game whether it’s wales or Cardiff city I was like it when I played dont underestimate Ukraine this game and the Scotland game it’s not just about the World Cup it’s also about giving people hope back home in the Ukraine but they are a very good they where before the Russians invaded there country

Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:00 am

Is invading England after the match ok?

Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:03 am

Perhaps even a Wales/Ukraine joint effort?

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:53 am

Lets show our class, we were the best set of fans in Euro 2016 so lets do it again, by staying off the pitch the players, the staff and most importantly all us fans can all enjoy the occasion together when (and I will say it quietly) we Win :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:58 am

There are almost certainly going to be a lot of people turning up without tickets.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:08 pm

NickBlue2 wrote:There are almost certainly going to be a lot of people turning up without tickets.

In Cardiff, yes. At the stadium, I doubt it.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:11 pm

Whistler wrote:Lets show our class, we were the best set of fans in Euro 2016 so lets do it again, by staying off the pitch the players, the staff and most importantly all us fans can all enjoy the occasion together when (and I will say it quietly) we Win :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This. The atmosphere will be incredible. I hope every man, woman and child makes as much noise as they possibly can. And I know they will. Can't wait for the anthems.

Those lucky enough to have tickets, enjoy it and bring it home. Jealous of you.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:26 am

Come on Wales :occasion5: