Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONFIDENCE IS GROWING

Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:29 am

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Over the last few weeks of the season I have been scanning team sheets from Rangers, Fulham, Burnley, Spurs, Leeds, Bounemouth, Real Madrid etc to see how our lads were fairing and the picture could not be better.

1. So the squad was named and with just one exception ( the Everton youngster) the full squad reported fit and firing. :clap:

2. Page had a week long training camp in Portugal where they had a good training camp without any silly injuries :clap:

3. The Under 16s gave a very good account of themselves and Page was able to keep all the big guns off the pitch whilst giving a few players some minutes where needed :clap:

4. With the exception of Johnson the whole squad has had this 2nd week together, again preparation is key.

5. We have now seen what our opponents have to offer and their initial bubble at Hamden will burst, they had to play their full strength team to get past a very poor Scotland. :shock:

6. Ukraine will have a very small window for preparation between these matches :shock:

7. Wales have a far better team than Scotland and we have far more fire power up top - Bale, Rambo, Allen, Davies, Neco, James, Johnson, Thomas, Wilson, Ward, Roden, Ampadau, Moore, Roberts (Page actually has to pick a team these days) :clap:

8. All the squad totally play for the RED DRAGON and they are part of the RED WALL :thumbup:

9. And here is the ace in the pack US THE RED WALL creating the greatest atmosphere have ever seen :thumbup:

10. This is the Golden age of Welsh Football with us taking over as one one from the Egg :thumbup:

NOW THATS 10 out of 10 in my book so bring it on on Sunday, and just maybe the Price of Wales will be a bluebird as well :notworthy:

My glass is not just half full its flowing over the top over the top :wave:

Re: CONFIDENCE IS GROWING

Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:46 am

Fantastic for all, given what people have been through these last couple of years it is a great occasion for people to enjoy and celebrate the great strides the welsh football team have made and creating this ‘golden age’ for welsh fans to enjoy. CYMRU AM BETH :occasion5:

Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:55 am

Point 6,7 and 9 are the important points but you are right as long as we play the team and not the occasion we have enough I think.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:10 am

lordllanbradach@icloud.com wrote:Fantastic for all, given what people have been through these last couple of years it is a great occasion for people to enjoy and celebrate the great strides the welsh football team have made and creating this ‘golden age’ for welsh fans to enjoy. CYMRU AM BYTH :occasion5:

Well said and I’ve corrected it for you above, it’s BYTH not BETH ;)

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:27 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Point 6,7 and 9 are the important points but you are right as long as we play the team and not the occasion we have enough I think.

Exactly. And we'll said OP. Agree wholeheartedly with every point t.

Scotland reminded me of us of old. A 'team' of individuals, a few good players, but no togetherness! And I mean... imagine your best player being a left back ;-)

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:43 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
lordllanbradach@icloud.com wrote:Fantastic for all, given what people have been through these last couple of years it is a great occasion for people to enjoy and celebrate the great strides the welsh football team have made and creating this ‘golden age’ for welsh fans to enjoy. CYMRU AM BYTH :occasion5:

Thank you, my Mrs (Beth) is not going to be too happy mind :laughing6:

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:44 am

lordllanbradach@icloud.com wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Thank you, my Mrs (Beth) is not going to be too happy mind :laughing6:

:lol:

Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:09 am

Its a pity the authorities are trying to dumb down atmosphete no fan zones faw telling people not to come to the city if you have no ticket
but you can party as much as you want for the Jubilee and all encouraged
I know which one i will be partying to.
Cymru am byth.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:40 am

montyblue wrote:Its a pity the authorities are trying to dumb down atmosphete no fan zones faw telling people not to come to the city if you have no ticket
Cymru am byth.

Imagine telling the egg fans they cannot come to Cardiff on match day, I bet the pubs/restaurants/hotels and food outlets taxi drivers will be absolutely delighted (petition) ?

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:13 pm

Really excited, really nervous, and hope we get the job done. Hopefully we can win comfortably to spare the nerves! My stomach has been in knots the past couple of days :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Really nervous for this but also pretty confident we will do it. Massive for club and country if we win

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:55 pm

What an excellent post. Completely my way of thinking. Hats off to you sir. You’ve banged the nail on the head.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:48 pm

Scotland made Ukraine look good. We are far better than Scotland.

My only concern is the occasion. An early Bale magic moment and we should be on our way.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:42 am

If we play the game not the occasion we will win

I fully expect our big players to produce on the day they have done it time and time again

Ukraine will provide strong opposition we all know that but the Red Wall will sing us home

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:09 am

montyblue wrote:Its a pity the authorities are trying to dumb down atmosphete no fan zones faw telling people not to come to the city if you have no ticket
Cymru am byth.

Why are they saying that?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:41 am

Its all down to the fact that there are a number of events taking place on the day as well as the sensitive nature of hosting a match against Ukraine at this time. This is most likely in conjunction with the police. Lets face it we all want this match to take place with no problems and the RED WALL WILL PREVAIL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:10 am

nubbsy wrote:
Cymru am byth.

Why are they saying that?

Not sure it's the FAW directly but there is something on WalesOnline that talks about non-ticket holders staying away, ascthere are (stranfely IMHO) no Fan Zones and no tickets on sale at the stadium

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:50 am

God I am Nervous! Just getting that pre-match meal in ( A big Boy Breakfast) and dressed ready to go, I Say Arise Sir Gareth and lead the Knights into Battle :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: