Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATES: City in talks, takeover

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:20 am

The club are currently is serious talks with potential new owners and this is not just hearsay, that’s all I know for now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Updated:

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

Annis, this falls in line with what I have been told by a trusted source this weekend and I will back up Ninian27's comments on this occasion in as much as there seems to be 'something' happening behind the scenes, which, if true, will make certain actions in recent times suddenly make a whole lot of sense

Only time, of course, will tell if it has the legs to be serious but the early suggestions are that it's at least in discussion

Forever Blue wrote:
Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

I was told by an agent that Ken cho had said he wouldn’t be there this coming season that was a few weeks back

Re: City in talks, takeover

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:48 am

Where have you heard this ?

What evidence do you have so far ?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 am

Without any evidence it is just hearsay.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:57 am

You’ve plucked that from thin air

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:38 am

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

Let’s hope of it does happen Tan sticks to his word and hands it over to someone trustworthy. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know but I would love to get a decent owner who cares about the club and knows his football.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:05 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

Let’s hope of it does happen Tan sticks to his word and hands it over to someone trustworthy. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know but I would love to get a decent owner who cares about the club and knows his football.

Getting a decent owner ( with money i guess you mean ) is one thing Getting one who know there football is another If you take nearly all the top premier league clubs most off the owners had no involvement in football prior to taking over clubs Most learn on the job or get football people in

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:06 am

Any details? Do we know where from, America, Asia, British ?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:08 am

nubbsy wrote:

Agreed to an extent. Be careful what we wish for as so many clubs’ fans embrace new owners with great hope and end up regretting the day they took over their club. At least we know that Tan has stood by the team for many years.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:25 am

Not Sam then ? :shock:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:30 am

NIBluebird wrote:

Not Sam then ? :shock:

No, Mike

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:31 am

JakeBluebird wrote:

Any details? Do we know where from, America, Asia, British ?

I was just sent messages a few days ago, from with in the club.
The person knows what he is on about :thumbright:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:35 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Agreed to an extent. Be careful what we wish for as so many clubs’ fans embrace new owners with great hope and end up regretting the day they took over their club. At least we know that Tan has stood by the team for many years.

Your right I originally welcomed Tan, like I would any new owner, I regret it big time.
My club was torn to pieces and the heart ripped out and fans divided.
A club still debt and lower now in the league for over 20yrs and a squad virtually worthless.
Falling attendances.

We need new owners Asap and I am hearing this time it could happen.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:39 am

Saw this and later on talking about the future of City
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:40 am

Bale is coming :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:46 am

wez1927 wrote:Bale is coming :lol:

:lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:52 am

Bale and ramsey takeover.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:56 am

Just waiting for the spin from MD :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:56 am

montyblue wrote:Bale and ramsey takeover.

Actually, this is quite bizarre because only yesterday a friend of mine said that Bale was looking to buy a 50% share of Cardiff City and play for them for 2 years as he knows that this will put bums on seats and hopefully garner interest in the club, raising its profile.

Now bearing in mind that I live near Chester and he lives in North Wales and has no interest in CCFC, I discounted this as BS, especially as I have no idea who his source is ..... but having seen this thread .... it makes me hope!!!

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:05 am

Frosty_Blue wrote:

Actually, this is quite bizarre because only yesterday a friend of mine said that Bale was looking to buy a 50% share of Cardiff City and play for them for 2 years as he knows that this will put bums on seats and hopefully garner interest in the club, raising its profile.

Now bearing in mind that I live near Chester and he lives in North Wales and has no interest in CCFC, I discounted this as BS, especially as I have no idea who his source is ..... but having seen this thread .... it makes me hope!!!

I was told nearly a year ago that Bale was interested in buying city ,annis will back me up on this ,not sure this is the new people now but it wouldn't surprise me he's rich enough to get a few guys together .

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:06 am

When I teeetrd this topic, I had this just now.

But the person who told me originally is with in our club and it looks good
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:07 am

fred keenor wrote:Just waiting for the spin from MD :lol:

:lol:

The quicker he is gone the better.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:09 am

Frosty_Blue wrote:

I was told nearly a year ago that Bale was interested in buying city ,annis will back me up on this ,not sure this is the new people now but it wouldn't surprise me, he's rich enough to get a few guys together .

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:21 am

Silly Season :lol: :ayatollah:

Still waiting for the Bellamy consortium :occasion5:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:29 am

nubbsy wrote:Silly Season :lol: :ayatollah:

Who ever said that??

Or is that in your mind

As Bellamy has NO interest and never has and is not that wealthy.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:31 am

wez1927 wrote:
Frosty_Blue wrote:

I was told nearly a year ago that Bale was interested in buying city ,annis will back me up on this ,not sure this is the new people now but it wouldn't surprise me, he's rich enough to get a few guys together .

Yes Wez, was told that and Wez knows as well,their is def something happening at this moment.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:43 am

Very promising the above all sounds.

Remember though that while Bale is fabulously wealthy, his published money in media accounts is way lower than Tan’s internet figures. A consortium would be best for us, rather than a single individual is my thought at this time, or is more likely. I’ve been wrong before and could be now!

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:51 am

Could Mike Ashley be the new guy ? Derby rejected him for another buyer ,on the look out for a club we would be ideal .

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:56 am

Annis, this falls in line with what I have been told by a trusted source this weekend and I will back up Ninian27's comments on this occasion in as much as there seems to be 'something' happening behind the scenes, which, if true, will make certain actions in recent times suddenly make a whole lot of sense

Only time, of course, will tell if it has the legs to be serious but the early suggestions are that it's at least in discussion

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:58 am

nubbsy wrote:Silly Season :lol: :ayatollah:

Not sure I've ever heard of that he's isn't rich enough but would he be brought back in a new ownership as a coach hmmmmmm