Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: City in talks, takeover

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:04 am

The best news any City fan could hope for.

The sooner he, and his two sidekicks are gone the better, and we can at last start to breathe again rather than be chained to a dictator happy to see the club flounder and stagnate.

We are a great club and if this happens then we can once again dream rather than live in a nightmare of being forced, as supporters, to settle for less than mediocrity and a future of fight, survival and embarrassment

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:12 am

Could this be why its been quiet on the signing s front for past couple of weeks?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Silly Season :lol: :ayatollah:

Still waiting for the Bellamy consortium :occasion5:

Who ever said that??

Or is that in your mind

As Bellamy has NO interest and never has and is not that wealthy.

There was a rumour a few years back that Bellamy was getting a consortium together to buy the club.

I keep forgetting to be serious and miserable, sorry :/

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

Let’s hope of it does happen Tan sticks to his word and hands it over to someone trustworthy. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know but I would love to get a decent owner who cares about the club and knows his football.

Agreed to an extent. Be careful what we wish for as so many clubs’ fans embrace new owners with great hope and end up regretting the day they took over their club. At least we know that Tan has stood by the team for many years.

Your right I originally welcomed Tan, like I would any new owner, I regret it big time.
My club was torn to pieces and the heart ripped out and fans divided.
A club still debt and lower now in the league for over 20yrs and a squad virtually worthless.
Falling attendances.

We need new owners Asap and I am hearing this time it could happen.

Spot on.Tan ripped the heart and soul out of our club.Playing in red,shit new badge,fire and passion,red scarves,the list goes on.Dalman and Choo,the invisible men!!Hopefully someone takes us on for all the right reasons,we have so much potential. BLUEBIRDS!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:32 am

wez1927 wrote:Could Mike Ashley be the new guy ? Derby rejected him for another buyer ,on the look out for a club we would be ideal .

He would be perfect in my opinion , others may disagree but having 5 or do seasons finishing 10th to 17th in the premiership would do wonders for the club , it would help a sustainable build and you’d have a whole new generation of fans grow up on top flight football .

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:46 am

northside of risca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Could Mike Ashley be the new guy ? Derby rejected him for another buyer ,on the look out for a club we would be ideal .

He would be perfect in my opinion , others may disagree but having 5 or do seasons finishing 10th to 17th in the premiership would do wonders for the club , it would help a sustainable build and you’d have a whole new generation of fans grow up on top flight football .

The fans hated him, the managers hated working for him, he doesn’t give a shit about what fans want. Whatever soul Tan ripped out of the club Ashley would finish the job - success on the pitch or not.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:50 am

Does Bale have enough and wouldn't this put at risk his own fortune's, football can be a challenge financially and carries risks

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:55 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Actually he hasn’t, I have also heard their are serious potential buyers out there at this moment and are def in talks.

Annis, this falls in line with what I have been told by a trusted source this weekend and I will back up Ninian27's comments on this occasion in as much as there seems to be 'something' happening behind the scenes, which, if true, will make certain actions in recent times suddenly make a whole lot of sense

Only time, of course, will tell if it has the legs to be serious but the early suggestions are that it's at least in discussion

Chris. As you said, only time will tell, but there are def things happening behind the scenes and moving faster.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:59 am

sir ninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Let’s hope of it does happen Tan sticks to his word and hands it over to someone trustworthy. Sometimes it’s better the devil you know but I would love to get a decent owner who cares about the club and knows his football.

Agreed to an extent. Be careful what we wish for as so many clubs’ fans embrace new owners with great hope and end up regretting the day they took over their club. At least we know that Tan has stood by the team for many years.

Your right I originally welcomed Tan, like I would any new owner, I regret it big time.
My club was torn to pieces and the heart ripped out and fans divided.
A club still debt and lower now in the league for over 20yrs and a squad virtually worthless.
Falling attendances.

We need new owners Asap and I am hearing this time it could happen.

Spot on.Tan ripped the heart and soul out of our club.Playing in red,shit new badge,fire and passion,red scarves,the list goes on.Dalman and Choo,the invisible men!!Hopefully someone takes us on for all the right reasons,we have so much potential. BLUEBIRDS!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Def need new owners

Bluebirds

Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:02 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Does Bale have enough and wouldn't this put at risk his own fortune's, football can be a challenge financially and carries risks

There could be a large investor involved and they could see GB as the ‘frontman’.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:Does Bale have enough and wouldn't this put at risk his own fortune's, football can be a challenge financially and carries risks

There could be a large investor involved and they could see GB as the ‘frontman’.

That would be ideal and fit in with what I was told about Bale being with us on a playing contract for 2 years to raise the profile of the club.

However, I'm taking what I was told with a generous pinch of salt until it happens or more concrete rumours start to get my hopes up!

Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:43 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That would be ideal and fit in with what I was told about Bale being with us on a playing contract for 2 years to raise the profile of the club.

However, I'm taking what I was told with a generous pinch of salt until it happens or more concrete rumours start to get my hopes up!

The pragmatic thing to do :clap: :ayatollah:

Re: UPDATES: City in talks, takeover

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:43 pm

Wow, Bale could be the new Jackie Moon ......

For this to make any sense you'll need to have watched Semi pro (Will Ferrell films, its brilliant)

Owner, manager and star player.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Wow, Bale could be the new Jackie Moon ......

For this to make any sense you'll need to have watched Semi pro (Will Ferrell films, its brilliant)

Owner, manager and star player.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He’s buying out the grange aswell he’s guna work behind the bar

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:57 pm

Ken Choo been conspicuous by his absence at all new signings, photograph events.

Think Tan will move on and quickly no premiership money, very little left in players to sell.
Quite obvious for a number of years despite the car salesman stating different Tan has wanted out.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:Ken Choo been conspicuous by his absence at all new signings, photograph events.

Think Tan will move on and quickly no premiership money, very little left in players to sell.
Quite obvious for a number of years despite the car salesman stating different Tan has wanted out.

Hes been in them .

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Let's jump on the Wales feelgood bandwagon while we have it.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:19 pm

:occasion5: :occasion5:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

:occasion5: :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Ken Choo been conspicuous by his absence at all new signings, photograph events.

Hes been in them .

Directors dont normally appear with a player it is always the manager ! :old:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:46 am

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Hes been in them .

Choos more often than not in pics with new signings has been for a few years

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:51 am

If Choo is not here next season, is this a football move or is Tan finally listening on having a football man there each and every day, or of course new owners :)

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:58 am

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Hes been in them .

Choos more often than not in pics with new signings has been for a few years

There seems to be a myth that he doesn't go down club but he goes to nearly every home game sometimes with his youngster. And seen him many times at away games.. .. tbh never notice who is seen with new players other than managers.