Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can Ryan Giggs come back as Wales manager after this historic result?

You may select 1 option

View results

GIGGS: SURELY NO WAY BACK NOW? (POLL)

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:18 pm

Congratulations to Wales and to Rob Page for overseeing Wales progression to the World Cup Finals 2022 in Qatar in the aftermath of Ryan Giggs suspension :clap:

Technically, Ryan Giggs is still employed by the FAW, so is there any way he could come back in current circumstances?

Re: GIGGS: SURELY NO WAY BACK NOW? (POLL)

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:29 pm

No wrong choice in the first place.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:00 pm

Not for me, we’ve moved past Giggs already. Could you imagine if he was cleared and took the team to the World Cup only to get knocked out in the group stages. Wouldn’t be worth the hassle.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm

No way will he be back.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:33 pm

Absolutely no. Never wanted him in the first place, he never wanted to play for his country so what's his motivation for managing it, there's something about him that's never sat right with me.

Speedo started this, I remember being at the Montenegro game and something clicked 10 mins into the second half, you knew this was the start of something special. I'll be honest - I think the team could operate without a manager as Bale just has that effect of making everyone raise their game and play for the shirt. And I didn't think Coleman made any difference either, it was the Bale effect. Speedo started something special, I'd love him to be managing us now and to see the fruits of what he started, he was a proper manager and is very much missed. RIP Speedo. You did us proud.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:52 pm

Guess we not got money to sack him and hey what if he's innocent.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:56 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Absolutely no. Never wanted him in the first place, he never wanted to play for his country so what's his motivation for managing it, there's something about him that's never sat right with me.

Speedo started this, I remember being at the Montenegro game and something clicked 10 mins into the second half, you knew this was the start of something special. I'll be honest - I think the team could operate without a manager as Bale just has that effect of making everyone raise their game and play for the shirt. And I didn't think Coleman made any difference either, it was the Bale effect. Speedo started something special, I'd love him to be managing us now and to see the fruits of what he started, he was a proper manager and is very much missed. RIP Speedo. You did us proud.

Absolutely, thank you for this.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Very disrespectful of Colemans and Page's achievements. Speed's death was terrible from a football stance he managed 10 games all five years before we qualified.

Strange time to start this poll half hour after to qualifying. 1st time in 64yrs just enjoy it

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:34 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Absolutely no. Never wanted him in the first place, he never wanted to play for his country so what's his motivation for managing it, there's something about him that's never sat right with me.

Absolutely, thank you for this.

No worries mate. Can you imagine the effect he'd have on us if Bale joined? He would lift the squad in exactly the same way he has done for Wales, they'd be playing for the shirt and we'd also attract quality players too. He could very much be the key to reconnecting Cardiff fans and potential fans and finally awakening the 'sleeping giant'. We now have a catchment area of 1.5m people, a national team to be proud of and football is now the official sport of Wales in terms of popularity.

It seems like VT now wants to sell up and if so and the above happens, it could be incredible. And I'd love to see Bellamy come back and be a big part of it.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:37 pm

Pencoed wrote:Very disrespectful of Colemans and Page's achievements. Speed's death was terrible from a football stance he managed 10 games all five years before we qualified.

Strange time to start this poll half hour after to qualifying. 1st time in 64yrs just enjoy it

It was with full respect to Rob Page for his achievement after Giggs put himself in a position (eventually guilty or not) that took him away

No one has decried Gary Speed or Chris Coleman and Page even mentioned them himself in his post-match interview; but he didn't mention Giggs, so far as I am aware?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:22 pm

My comments about Coleman and Page were in response to Grangendstars post.
I agree that Giggs needs to go and think it's ambarssing on his part he hasn't and should of done months if not yrs ago. Just suprised with all the joy, relief of this evening this poll come up so soon. But each to their own

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:40 pm

Pencoed wrote:My comments about Coleman and Page were in response to Grangendstars post.
I agree that Giggs needs to go and think it's ambarssing on his part he hasn't and should of done months if not yrs ago. Just suprised with all the joy, relief of this evening this poll come up so soon. But each to their own

No worries; but I have to say GrangeEndStar makes some very good points, as regardless of who was in charge, Wales as a footballing nation has benefitted from the once in a generation (or more in Wales case) phenonenom that is Gareth Bale :thumbup:

I have to be careful because I am not a Giggs 'fan'; but again (IMHO) GrangeEndStar makes a very valid point about Giggs not being overly committed to play for his country

In the (now) unlikely event the Giggs situation resolves itself by then, it would be very crass and unfair for anyone other than Rob Page to have the manager's role for the World Cup :thumbup:

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm

Isn't Page only in charge until tonight?

Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Isn't Page only in charge until tonight?

Its 12.15 he's survived 15 minutes?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:37 am

New Day Rising wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Isn't Page only in charge until tonight?

Its 12.15 he's survived 15 minutes?

Mmmmmm ok hasnt he just got contract until 12pm on the 5th June ? Is that easier way to put it? :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:28 am

Hopefully Def not for Giggs

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 am

Was not for giggs getting the job at all i wanted bellamy but i have to say giggs to his credit blooded a lot of the youngsters when we wiped the floor with ireland etc he really did push the younger players through and page should now push zorba thomas and johnson and the like and the midfield of ramsey joe allan will need replacing soon.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:51 am

He needs to do the decent thing and let Page carry on. He never turned up for Wales anyway. If not guilty - pay up his contract , if guilty terminate the contract.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:59 pm

pipster wrote:He needs to do the decent thing and let Page carry on. He never turned up for Wales anyway. If not guilty - pay up his contract , if guilty terminate the contract.

Never turned up? What did he get his 64 caps for ?

It never occurs to people like you who say he never turned up that maybe there's a reason for not playing in the friendlies he missed which wasn't every friendly anyway.

If you're going to criticize someone at least be honest about it, there's plenty out there you could criticize him for but saying he never turned up is just wrong at best & totally dishonest at worst.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:43 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pipster wrote:He needs to do the decent thing and let Page carry on. He never turned up for Wales anyway. If not guilty - pay up his contract , if guilty terminate the contract.

Never turned up? What did he get his 64 caps for ?

It never occurs to people like you who say he never turned up that maybe there's a reason for not playing in the friendlies he missed which wasn't every friendly anyway.

If you're going to criticize someone at least be honest about it, there's plenty out there you could criticize him for but saying he never turned up is just wrong at best & totally dishonest at worst.

‘During his international playing career Giggs won 64 caps between his debut against Germany in 1991 European Championship qualifier and his final appearance in 2007.

In that time, Giggs missed 30 out of 40 possible friendlies, failing to make a single appearance in a friendly match from 1991 to 2000 - a total of 16 matches.

Former United team-mate Clayton Blackmore said Giggs' club manger Sir Alex Ferguson was responsible for the Welshman missing friendly games.’

Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:52 pm

Tbf to giggs in friendlies, I remember that at the height of his fame that there was stories of the welsh fa not being able to afford his insurance as in fifa or uefa competition he was covered but not in friendlies.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:06 am

My opinion is it’s giggs who pulling the strings behind the scenes. However they make a great team and have taken us to a new level.