Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ POTENTIAL SALE OF CARDIFF CITY FC ‘

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:04 am

Sometimes, it is surreal the people you speak to unexpectedly and the valuable information they provide, so here goes (in a new thread to bring the conversation back to the main topic of the previous one)

The source has been very accurate before now...

There are TWO serious bidders in discussion with the club, one from the USA and another (international) group

Talks/negotiations are well down the road but nowhere near complete, as there are a couple of potential sticking points, i.e. Vincent Tan's asking price (£40m) plus clearance of the remaining debt (figure not provided), so he goes out clear.

The approx current debt new buyers would also take on is £60 mill, plus the debt of £mills owed to Dalman who charges the club 9% interest.

So their is a lot to discuss and clear / decide on.

There is some suggestion of a reduction in the asking price, maybe as low as £25m) if required for an early completion but the debt settling issue would remain to the new buyers.

Sam 100% NOT involved

Bale 100% NOT involved (from a financial or director point)

Better ITK's than me should be able to confirm this through their own sources but all this recent lowering of the financial burden starts to make sense now... :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: POTENTIAL SALE OF CARDIFF CITY FC

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:15 am

[quote="Sven"]Sometimes, it is surreal the people you speak to unexpectedly and the valuable information they provide, so here goes (in a new thread to bring the conversation back to the main topic of the previous one)

The source has been very accurate before now...

There are [b]TWO[/b] serious bidders in discussion with the club, one from the USA and another (international) group

Talks/negotiations are well down the road but nowhere near complete, as there are a couple of potential sticking points, i.e. Vincent Tan's asking price (£40m) plus clearance of the remaining debt (figure not provided), so he goes out clear.

The approx current debt new buyers would also take on is £60 mill, plus the debt of £mills owed to Dalman who charges the club 9% interest.

So their is a lot to discuss and clear / decide on.

There is some suggestion of a reduction in the asking price, maybe as low as £25m) if required for an early completion but the debt settling issue would remain to the new buyers.

Sam 100% [b]NOT[/b] involved

Bale 100% [b]NOT[/b] involved (from a financial or director point)

Better ITK's than me should be able to confirm this through their own sources but all this recent lowering of the financial burden starts to make sense now... :bluebird:[/quote]

Chris,

Everything you have said above is virtually what I have been told.
This is the closest we have come to getting rid of this regime and moving forward.

But it’s never that simple, as plenty of dents to pay off and Sala case still going on.

But the wages are now the lowest for over 15 yrs.

No assets in players.

But a great stadium, fan base and Championship status .

A manager in low wages with only a one year contract.

Tan wants all his money back and that’s a lot in these times as most of it was lost due to bad management from the regime themselves.

BLUEBIRDS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ POTENTIAL SALE OF CARDIFF CITY FC ‘

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am

Basically it's around 80 million for the club then ,tans selling money and other debt. Sounds about right for a club and stadium ,lets hope the new buyers aint going to borrow all the money .

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:30 am

wez1927 wrote:Basically it's around 80 million for the club then ,tans selling money and other debt. Sounds about right for a club and stadium ,lets hope the new buyers aint going to borrow all the money .

Americans often borrow the majority, it's like a big game of monopoly to lots of them.

According to this the Glazers bought United for £780million, but want an offer of £4Billion to tempt them to sell :o

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchesteruni ... -from-fans

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:35 am

Sounds very promising... the part about the debts tend to be sticking points a lot of the time when selling clubs.... but with a bit of wheeling and dealing hopefully a deal will be struck... also what may be a consideration in taking over the club is fact it is associated with wales? how can anyone not be impressed by what we see every home game for wales.. :thumbup:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:35 am

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Basically it's around 80 million for the club then ,tans selling money and other debt. Sounds about right for a club and stadium ,lets hope the new buyers aint going to borrow all the money .

Americans often borrow the majority, it's like a big game of monopoly to lots of them.

According to this the Glazers bought United for £780million, but want an offer of £4Billion to tempt them to sell :o

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-23975027

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:37 am

Bluebina wrote:

They didn't put any of their own money in to cub they borrowed it and subsequently have made 100s of millions by selling shares and alike... can you blame th fans for being very unhappy at them. Hopefully if city get taken over it will be with clubs interest at heart not the buyers.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:42 am

We've been preparing for this and making the club ready for sale, VT and MD's continued absence and radio silence shows that VT wants out. The £60m plus MD's debt is a concern even if the price is reduced by £15m, I have no idea how that can be addressed without a significant chunk being written off as I can't see a share conversion being realistic to new owners or maintenance of the debt via a continued loan agreement. The Sala case also still looms as a risk even if we lose and then sue Nantes. Who knows but it appears that developments are certainly taking place. I see it as a good thing, as the interested parties obviously see potential in us which could have been realised 10 years ago if we were simply managed better from the board in regards to the specific business of football. I just hope the potential new owner has this experience and expertise (DOF at least), ambition and ability to connect with the fans.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:43 am

Having a new ownership with a mass of debt is not the answer

Look at them down road, the Americans have stripped them massively no transfer funds nothing just a sustainable wage budget

Our fans already moaning about no investment and sensible wages to run within our means, you can’t have it all ways which our fans always seem to want

Is it time for a new owner, yes I’d say so but would I want a new one taking on £80 million debt and doing nothing to improve the club in any shape, no what would be the point if they don’t have significant funds to write off over a few years then we are in the same situation we are now anywya

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:50 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:We've been preparing for this and making the club ready for sale, VT and MD's continued absence and radio silence shows that VT wants out. The £60m plus MD's debt is a concern even if the price is reduced by £15m, I have no idea how that can be addressed without a significant chunk being written off as I can't see a share conversion being realistic to new owners or maintenance of the debt via a continued loan agreement. The Sala case also still looms as a risk even if we lose and then sue Nantes. Who knows but it appears that developments are certainly taking place. I see it as a good thing, as the interested parties obviously see potential in us which could have been realised 10 years ago if we were simply managed better from the board in regards to the specific business of football. I just hope the potential new owner has this experience and expertise (DOF at least), ambition and ability to connect with the fans.

100%

A lot to be sorted, some worrying / tricky debts still to be sorted, but you can see they are making their get away and we hopefully will have good. caring new owners , with deep pockets , but understand football.

We are a massive club and can go all the way. Chelsea were once like us.

No fool will just buy us.

It’s very much time now Tan, Dalman & Choo moved on, for us to move forward.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We've been preparing for this and making the club ready for sale, VT and MD's continued absence and radio silence shows that VT wants out. The £60m plus MD's debt is a concern even if the price is reduced by £15m, I have no idea how that can be addressed without a significant chunk being written off as I can't see a share conversion being realistic to new owners or maintenance of the debt via a continued loan agreement. The Sala case also still looms as a risk even if we lose and then sue Nantes. Who knows but it appears that developments are certainly taking place. I see it as a good thing, as the interested parties obviously see potential in us which could have been realised 10 years ago if we were simply managed better from the board in regards to the specific business of football. I just hope the potential new owner has this experience and expertise (DOF at least), ambition and ability to connect with the fans.

100%

A lot to be sorted, some worrying / tricky debts still to be sorted, but you can see they are making their get away and we hopefully will have good. caring new owners , with deep pockets , but understand football.

My turn to agree with you annis. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

Allan, :thumbright:

Because we both love our club and our club comes first :bluebird:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:03 pm

What happened to VT's promise of writing off all our debt?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:07 pm

Remember Vincent Tan is a very very hard man to negotiate with and believe ms he is owed all of it.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

Allan, :thumbright:

Because we both love our club and our club comes first :bluebird:

Yes definitely.. and I really hope we can make most of the good feel factor associated with Wales and get new owners with fresh start.. :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:What happened to VT's promise of writing off all our debt?

Jack, Tan will have been our owner for 13 yrs this coming October and for me the total debt should of been cleared many times, but many excuses.

The debt and the club are now in a worse position. Tan needs to remember this in his negotiations.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:11 pm

NUBBSY

Also tan said he would only sell to the right person as he has the club at heart?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

100%

SE Wales now has an official catchment area of 1.5m now Annis. We have a good stadium, great fans, history, capital city, home of Welsh football which is now confirmed as our national sport and a world cup qualifying team - there has to be potential. I know we have fans who will only turn up for the big occasions and who quickly left after the PL flirtation but that maybe just how it is for a combination of factors and we are currently reduced to the core fanbase. Maybe the only way to drive our numbers up and grow is a sustained period in the PL and then attract a new generation of fans who connect with club and then become part of the core group who will still be there when things are not so good. Whatever the reasons, I think the potential is there for the right owner. And if VT wants out, then its time we got on with it and he and we move on.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:13 pm

Do we think the potential reduction in price of £15million is possibly to negate any payments to Nantes.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 pm

GrangeEndStar

Pandemic nearly 2 seasons and mark drakeford killed the fans literally .

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 pm

WAYNE S

We where always told money was put aside £15 million

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:28 pm

I don't see the point in any new owner coming in just to tread water whoever they are.If the sale of Chelsea is anything to go by then that will be the bar set for those that follow.So by my rough calculations we're sold for say 80 million to some money bags, they then get us to the prem and into Europe for spending 150m on the way and sell us for 3 billion. Easy peasy lads. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:48 pm

montyblue wrote:WAYNE S

We where always told money was put aside £15 million

That's my point. Willing to accept less if they win the case and no longer have to put that aside.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:07 pm

Nearly 100 million so far written off by the looks of it will be debt free with the new owners too .

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

100%

I do agree that it’s probably a good time for a change, but new owners not putting their own money in and borrowing against the club is a worry.

We need to be assured that they are in it for the right reasons. The Jacks, Man Utd, etc., are all examples where these sort of takeovers can put clubs in perilous positions.

A change would be exciting but it has to be the right people with a LONGTERM plan.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:38 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

I do agree that it’s probably a good time for a change, but new owners not putting their own money in and borrowing against the club is a worry.

We need to be assured that they are in it for the right reasons. The Jacks, Man Utd, etc., are all examples where these sort of takeovers can put clubs in perilous positions.

A change would be exciting but it has to be the right people with a LONGTERM plan.

I don’t want new owners who would buy us by borrowing against the club? ?, plus if that happened Tan would if sold us down the river.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't see the point in any new owner coming in just to tread water whoever they are.If the sale of Chelsea is anything to go by then that will be the bar set for those that follow.So by my rough calculations we're sold for say 80 million to some money bags, they then get us to the prem and into Europe for spending 150m on the way and sell us for 3 billion. Easy peasy lads. :lol: :lol:

For the right money and someone with a good football or running a sports franchise background it's a decent project andf coud be profitable to the right person, unfortuately most buyers and are chancers and make a right mess of it, we'll need a bit of luck, it coud be better or it could be much worse like Swansea!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

I don’t want new owners who would buy us by borrowing against the club? ?, plus if that happened Tan would if sold us down the river.

You either want him gone or not simple really ,unless it's a big money bags ie the likes of Mike Ashley the likleyhood it will be money borrowed from somewhere.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

I would not put that past him, payback for not keeping his RED!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:04 pm

I rarely comment on all the hearsay and nonsense posters guess on here but surely if the information is true what Sven has been told and posted then the new owners are purchasing the current debt and we would be debt free as promised?