Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ POTENTIAL SALE OF CARDIFF CITY FC ‘

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:06 pm

Agree with a lot that's been said but am really worried if it is someone who tries what the new Burnley owners did!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
I don’t want new owners who would buy us by borrowing against the club? ?, plus if that happened Tan would if sold us down the river.

You either want him gone or not, can't be any conditions.

Saying he would have sold us down the river if he sells to someone borrowing against the club is putting conditions on the sale that would have no bearing on the parties involved, only us as fans.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:35 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:What happened to VT's promise of writing off all our debt?

I rarely comment on all the hearsay and nonsense posters guess on here but surely if the information is true what Sven has been told and posted then the new owners are purchasing the current debt and we would be debt free as promised?

This is what confused me too. Surely they would effectively be buying the club for £80m or around that figure but then the debt would be cleared and they would be starting afresh? Unless I am missing something?

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:38 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:

I rarely comment on all the hearsay and nonsense posters guess on here but surely if the information is true what Sven has been told and posted then the new owners are purchasing the current debt and we would be debt free as promised?

This is what confused me too. Surely they would effectively be buying the club for £80m or around that figure but then the debt would be cleared and they would be starting afresh? Unless I am missing something?

That's how I read it ,so tan would be delivering debt free club as promised .

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:38 pm

JulesK wrote:Agree with a lot that's been said but am really worried if it is someone who tries what the new Burnley owners did!!!!!

Or Portsmouth

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm no supporter of Tan but could be a case of be careful what you wish for. Things could end up far, far worse.

Just ask Burnley.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:

That's how I read it ,so tan would be delivering debt free club as promised .

Exactly if the price is inclusive of debt then we become debt free.

The only riders are that, the new owners may borrow money against the club in order to buy it. Which just puts us in debt again.

Or they just pay say, 25m and take on the debt which means they will still be paying the interest to Tan and Dalman.

Let's hope someone sees the club as having a value of around 80m and pays it outright.

But bear in mind most clubs are in debt to their owners. Rich people only ever use their wealth as collateral. They always seem to borrow against their assets.

In Burnleys case they borrowed against and asset they didn't own until they got the loan to buy it. Work that one out.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:27 am

If we do end up with new owners are they going to stick with morrison and his new signings or is there going to be a new manager money pumped in for better quality players to come in and everything turned upside down before the start of the coming season
"Just asking the question".

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:32 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We've been preparing for this and making the club ready for sale, VT and MD's continued absence and radio silence shows that VT wants out. The £60m plus MD's debt is a concern even if the price is reduced by £15m, I have no idea how that can be addressed without a significant chunk being written off as I can't see a share conversion being realistic to new owners or maintenance of the debt via a continued loan agreement. The Sala case also still looms as a risk even if we lose and then sue Nantes. Who knows but it appears that developments are certainly taking place. I see it as a good thing, as the interested parties obviously see potential in us which could have been realised 10 years ago if we were simply managed better from the board in regards to the specific business of football. I just hope the potential new owner has this experience and expertise (DOF at least), ambition and ability to connect with the fans.

100%

A lot to be sorted, some worrying / tricky debts still to be sorted, but you can see they are making their get away and we hopefully will have good. caring new owners , with deep pockets , but understand football.

We are a massive club and can go all the way. Chelsea were once like us.

No fool will just buy us.

It’s very much time now Tan, Dalman & Choo moved on, for us to move forward.

I do agree that it’s probably a good time for a change, but new owners not putting their own money in and borrowing against the club is a worry.

We need to be assured that they are in it for the right reasons. The Jacks, Man Utd, etc., are all examples where these sort of takeovers can put clubs in perilous positions.

A change would be exciting but it has to be the right people with a LONGTERM plan.

I don’t want new owners who would buy us by borrowing against the club? ?, plus if that happened Tan would if sold us down the river.

You either want him gone or not simple really ,unless it's a big money bags ie the likes of Mike Ashley the likleyhood it will be money borrowed from somewhere.

Would you trust Ashley?

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:48 am

montyblue wrote:If we do end up with new owners are they going to stick with morrison and his new signings or is there going to be a new manager money pumped in for better quality players to come in and everything turned upside down before the start of the coming season

If they want to really succeed and are ambitious, surely it will be a NO to both.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:If we do end up with new owners are they going to stick with morrison and his new signings or is there going to be a new manager money pumped in for better quality players to come in and everything turned upside down before the start of the coming season

If they want to really succeed and are ambitious, surely it will be a NO to both.

I think the Gaffer's done a really good job under difficult circumstances. Loyalty cuts both ways. His recruitment has been first class all things considered. I hope Bale stipulates that he wants to work with Morrison.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:27 pm

SNEGGYBLUEBIRD

I am all ok with morrison and under him but with the tight budget we had no ambitions of promotion.
But will the new owners want more?
it would be a bit harsh to push morrison back to under23s but i suppose its all down to what the new owners want
tan was happy for us to exist but with restrictions but no ambition any longer.
We all know he has pu.ped in money over the years and we could have gone tits up buy we could have had nee oeners and been in the prem for a few years now
Its nice to know that something is finally and hopefully looking more positive.

Be careful what you wish for

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:29 pm

I know there are lots of people ready to say good riddance - but we need to be careful what we wish for.
Tan will sell to anyone who meets his asking price and wont give 2 hoots about the new owners intentions.

Remember when we were going to swapped and called Wimbledon, Remember when Rick Wright wanted us in the Welsh League ? - there are lots of wealthy people out there who want to play fast and loose with a club. the Glaxiers borrowing the money and then transferring the debt to Man U.

Remember Pompey and their dodgy financial dealings, Leeds also. For us it could be one step forward and three steps backward.

We could do with a fresh brush around the place though.

Whatever happened to the Sala appeal case ? - that could be an extra 15 million off the sale price

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 pm

All I would want with new owners is that they have the money ready to buy and not loan, that would mean we would be completely debt free, and also have enough money to run the club, again without loaning it.
And finally have the know how to bring in people who know about football.
Not asking much am I?
£45m to buy the club and £60m to pay what is left owning to VT.
That £45m is a snip at this price, as didn't VT put £120m in to turn debt to equity. That's what is looks like to me!

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:48 pm

Anyone buying club and paying off the debt must be a fool, clubs dont make money especially in the championship and then if you do go up in the premiership.
The clubs should be run without people giving their money away but players and paid to much.
Simon Jordan points this out every week on talksport.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:57 pm

robjohn wrote:Anyone buying club and paying off the debt must be a fool, clubs dont make money especially in the championship and then if you do go up in the premiership.
The clubs should be run without people giving their money away but players and paid to much.
Simon Jordan points this out every week on talksport.

Didn’t he do that at Palace though?

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:34 pm

A couple of clubs have just been taken over, Chelsea, Derby ?, Walsall, and all the interested parties where named, so why would the interested parties want to stay annominous if they are interested in buying the club? also why are we guessing it's Americans is it because they were the the buyers of the clubs I mention, and seem to be interested in buying a other English league club. Not confident at all that the club as any interested buyers, Just trying to keep the board busy

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:12 pm

wayne wrote:A couple of clubs have just been taken over, Chelsea, Derby ?, Walsall, and all the interested parties where named, so why would the interested parties want to stay annominous if they are interested in buying the club? also why are we guessing it's Americans is it because they were the the buyers of the clubs I mention, and seem to be interested in buying a other English league club. Not confident at all that the club as any interested buyers, Just trying to keep the board busy

Keeps me interested :bluescarf:

Re: Be careful what you wish for

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:51 pm

pipster wrote:I know there are lots of people ready to say good riddance - but we need to be careful what we wish for.
Tan will sell to anyone who meets his asking price and wont give 2 hoots about the new owners intentions.

Remember when we were going to swapped and called Wimbledon, Remember when Rick Wright wanted us in the Welsh League ? - there are lots of wealthy people out there who want to play fast and loose with a club. the Glaxiers borrowing the money and then transferring the debt to Man U.

Remember Pompey and their dodgy financial dealings, Leeds also. For us it could be one step forward and three steps backward.

We could do with a fresh brush around the place though.

Whatever happened to the Sala appeal case ? - that could be an extra 15 million off the sale price

Is the highlighted bit (above) fact or just your opinion? :?

Going on the rest of the post I'm guessing (apt word) the latter :roll:

The Sala case is on going but nearing its conclusion; at which point the whole truth on its finance will out ;)

Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:21 pm

Including debt what would the total cost be ?

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Bit harsh on Morrison Annis. Not sure what he has/hasn’t done to show he could not push us on with the right backing. In fact on very little backing he already made a huge difference.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:09 pm

All gone very quite on this topic?

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:37 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Including debt what would the total cost be ?

About £100 Mill

£60 mill debt / plus he wants £40 mill

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Including debt what would the total cost be ?

About £100 Mill

£60 mill debt / plus he wants £40 mill

Probably about the right amount 80 to 100 million, the stadium alone is worth 70-80 million .

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bit harsh on Morrison Annis. Not sure what he has/hasn’t done to show he could not push us on with the right backing. In fact on very little backing he already made a huge difference.

Jack,

Just my personal view , he’s done ok , took over last October and we ended up in our worst position in 21 yrs and he knew our club inside out.

My view I beg he does well , but my honest personal view, by October I expect us to be in a right relegation battle unless we have 5 quality loans and Gareth Bale.