Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The Truth on Aaron Ramsey & Gareth Bale “

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:44 am

At this current moment No major discussions have taken place and none at all with Ramsey and Cardiff.
Some site called 90 mins, this site is not trustworthy and no deals at all have been done yet.
Some of the usual CCFC sites on Twitter have been putting everything out this site has been saying and daft enough to believe.

Plus Media Wales :lol:

Ramsey has still one year left with Juventus and Ramsey and his agent are still trying to sort out a deal to get him out but with as much money as possible on his £12mill a year Contract left. Ramsey has been for the last couple of years very injury prone.

Bales agent is def not saying a No to Cardiff City, BUT if he joins it will all be on Gareth’s Bales terms, playing matches , how many months, the type of players that Bale will be playing along as he will need good service etc
Money has nothing to do with it all, so Cardiff will only gain if he signs a short term contract.

Bale and his agent are expected to meet some of the Cardiff board to discuss things on Friday.

Bake coming , Yes a very good chance, up to the CCFC Board to do everything he wants.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ The Truth on Aaron Ramsey & Gareth Bale “

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:10 am

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Bale playing for Cardiff But the old saying no one is bigger than the club comes to mind
He will only come if he gets what he wants and he has the players he wants playing with him He will choose the game he plays etc
Not sure that is a great arrangement for us long term from the sound of it .
However is still want to see him in a City team

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:42 am

Abergavenny wrote:Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Bale playing for Cardiff But the old saying no one is bigger than the club comes to mind
He will only come if he gets what he wants and he has the players he wants playing with him He will choose the game he plays etc

I agree.

I’m not expecting Bale to play every minute of every game, nor would I want him to. But there have to be some caveats from the clubs perspective too. My understanding is that Bale is realistic about that too so it’s still very much possible.

I’ve also heard from a guy who keeps in touch with Ramsey since his days with the Urdd football set-up. There has been some very brief, high level chat about the possibility of Ramsey coming but that move is only likely if Ramsey can’t get a Prem move where he will get game time. He’s similar to Bale in that the World Cup is his only priority so if Cardiff is the best option to assist that it will happen.

So in short, Bale is still pretty much odds-on to happen if both sides are happy with the game time but Ramsey more unlikely but gets more likely the longer he goes without a club with Juve trying to get rid.

Interesting times.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:45 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Bale playing for Cardiff But the old saying no one is bigger than the club comes to mind

I agree.

I’m not expecting Bale to play every minute of every game, nor would I want him to. But there have to be some caveats from the clubs perspective too. My understanding is that Bale is realistic about that too so it’s still very much possible.

I’ve also heard from a guy who keeps in touch with Ramsey since his days with the Urdd football set-up. There has been some very brief, high level chat about the possibility of Ramsey coming but that move is only likely if Ramsey can’t get a Prem move where he will get game time. He’s similar to Bale in that the World Cup is his only priority so if Cardiff is the best option to assist that it will happen.

So in short, Bale is still pretty much odds-on to happen if both sides are happy with the game time but Ramsey more unlikely but gets more likely the longer he goes without a club with Juve trying to get rid.

Interesting times.

Knowing the sort of character that Bale is, I’d be very surprised if his playing / training demands are too unfair on the club. Think he’s too much of a professional to take the pi$$.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I agree.

Interesting times.

Knowing the sort of character that Bale is, I’d be very surprised if his playing / training demands are too unfair on the club. Think he’s too much of a professional to take the pi$$.

Andrew you are dead right, regarding Bales demands, they are sensible one's :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:35 pm

Lets be honest its probably complete rubbish it was differently with bellamy.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:40 pm

robjohn wrote:Lets be honest its probably complete rubbish it was differently with bellamy.

One thing I am sure of is that Bale rumours aren’t complete rubbish. Even if it doesn’t come off there have definitely been some detailed discussions.

I don’t know about the meeting on Friday but if there is one I would suggest that’s about a final “yes” or “no” decision.

I just hope they get this one over the line, what a buzz that would create for us and Wales.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:03 am

Reports from Italy today have said Juventus have agreed a severance package for him to leave..... coincidence
that it's now with window
open this week? :D

Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:Reports from Italy today have said Juventus have agreed a severance package for him to leave..... coincidence

Does anyone know what sort of percentage of their dalary players get when they have their contract paid off?

If he is getting 50% of his next years salary in a lump sum to leave, he can afford to accept a much lower salary for the coming year.

Also remember Juve paid him a shed load as he cost them nothing to buy.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:55 am

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Reports from Italy today have said Juventus have agreed a severance package for him to leave..... coincidence

Does anyone know what sort of percentage of their dalary players get when they have their contract paid off?

If he is getting 50% of his next years salary in a lump sum to leave, he can afford to accept a much lower salary for the coming year.

Also remember Juve paid him a shed load as he cost them nothing to buy.

Believe its 50% of wages left so But remember got £400k a week while there .. so like GB money shouldn't be a factor in his case.. lot depends if a top end premier league club comes in for him but haven't heared of anyone yet.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

I agree.

Interesting times.

Andrew you are dead right, regarding Bales demands, they are sensible one's :ayatollah:

Yes but if he's genuinely concerned about the kind of service he will get then it's a huge factor against us in the discussion

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:16 pm

Twitter suggesting this morning that Bale is keen to stay in Madrid and that his agent has offered him to Getafe.
Makes more sense to me than anything that's been said so far.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm

nubbsy wrote:Yes but if he's genuinely concerned about the kind of service he will get then it's a huge factor against us in the discussion

Cannot see the "service" to him will be an issue. Its not as if Wales are gonna drop him because of his display for Cardiff.

Bear in mind he has had NO service over the last year at club level.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:30 pm

Floppsy wrote:Twitter suggesting this morning that Bale is keen to stay in Madrid and that his agent has offered him to Getafe.

His family coming home to live so would surprise me .

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Floppsy wrote:Twitter suggesting this morning that Bale is keen to stay in Madrid and that his agent has offered him to Getafe.

Getafe president Torres reveals: "We spoke to Gareth Bale's agent just 45 minutes ago, they offered him to us”
“We will consider and study this possibility”, he added.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Having Bale would be the biggest signing in history we all want it. I’m just concerned we will miss out on other transfers by spending so much time on this.

If he does decide to go elsewhere, that leaves us short of a squad not getting the big player signing we wanted. We just need to be careful not to be drawn into this for the entire window.

I’m confident Morison knows who he wants and will get players through the door. Just the longer this one drags on the more alarming it will be

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:35 pm

JakeBluebird wrote:Having Bale would be the biggest signing in history we all want it. I’m just concerned we will miss out on other transfers by spending so much time on this.

If he does decide to go elsewhere, that leaves us short of a squad not getting the big player signing we wanted. We just need to be careful not to be drawn into this for the entire window.

I’m confident Morison knows who he wants and will get players through the door. Just the longer this one drags on the more alarming it will be

I very much doubt that Morison has put everything on hold while the Bale situation is being resolved. It's probably business as usual as far as he is concerned. No need to sell the club to GB as he has done with other prospective recruits. As they say, that's probably well above his pay grade.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:16 pm

Ibrox noise are saying deals are being drawn up for both of them to sign for us? :o

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:23 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Getafe president Torres reveals: "We spoke to Gareth Bale's agent just 45 minutes ago, they offered him to us”
“We will consider and study this possibility”, he added.

Bales agent debunked that.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Ibrox noise are saying deals are being drawn up for both of them to sign for us? :o

Whos that? .

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:23 am

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Ibrox noise are saying deals are being drawn up for both of them to sign for us? :o

Whos that? .

Wez the clue is in the thread title? Bale and Ramsey... obviously it's a rangers viewpoint that they are both eyeing a move to city at the expense of rangers is basically what said.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Whos that? .

Wez the clue is in the thread title? Bale and Ramsey... obviously it's a rangers viewpoint that they are both eyeing a move to city at the expense of rangers is basically what said.

I heard the Ibrox comment that Cardiff was a 'possible' destination for Rambo and that they (Rangers) confirmed Rambo was not part of their plans for next season...

Nothing beyond that but it cannot be a total impossibility?

If he and Gareth Bale want to prep for the World Cup in a 'friendly' environment Cardiff City FC would be that place...! :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:38 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Whos that? .

I heard the Ibrox comment that Cardiff was a 'possible' destination for Rambo and that they (Rangers) confirmed Rambo was not part of their plans for next season...

If he and Gareth Bale want to prep for the World Cup in a 'friendly' environment Cardiff City FC would be that place...! :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Chris what I find strange is the lack of concrete interest from clubs for either of them. The only club linked directly is city? Others like spurs is just pure speculation based on what's gone on previously with GB not actual interest.
Even ssn hasn't really said anything about what clubs are interested in them just what agent said about GB .....rambo no mention whatsoever of a possible move to anyone not even city. Be good to get it over with one way or other .....

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:21 am

Looks like the Getafe rumour about Bale was rubbish, as I posted yesterday.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at either Cardiff or Newcastle.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:32 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Whos that? .

Chris what I find strange is the lack of concrete interest from clubs for either of them. The only club linked directly is city? Others like spurs is just pure speculation based on what's gone on previously with GB not actual interest.
Even ssn hasn't really said anything about what clubs are interested in them just what agent said about GB .....rambo no mention whatsoever of a possible move to anyone not even city. Be good to get it over with one way or other .....

Allan just because the media hasn’t reported interest it doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Equally just because they say it, it does not mean it’s true.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:34 am

Wayne S wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Yes but if he's genuinely concerned about the kind of service he will get then it's a huge factor against us in the discussion

Cannot see the "service" to him will be an issue. Its not as if Wales are gonna drop him because of his display for Cardiff.

Bear in mind he has had NO service over the last year at club level.

Seemed an odd one to me

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:52 am

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Whos that? .

Allan just because the media hasn’t reported interest it doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Equally just because they say it, it does not mean it’s true.

I've said previously that there is lots of interest undoubtedly but question
is it only for the commercial benefits GB would bring to a club not primarily for his playing.... whilst your right about the interest but my point is it seems only city are seriously mentioned in news as destination all rest are speculation and wishful thinking for now.? Laffite prime example.. as said hope its sorted asap so move on. :thumbup:

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:15 pm

“Definitely NOT in the Know”

To a certain extent both Bale & Ramsey are in the same situation, both are in the latter stages of their playing careers, both have nothing to achieve apart from competing in the World Cup Finals and neither had anywhere near enough “match” time last season, oh they are also both stupefyingly wealthy and apparently both have moved into “forever” family homes in the area.

Given that for both their number one ambition is the World Cup finals then their priority beforehand is game time, joining a Premiership side would certainly not guarantee that, coming to us could be the perfect fit, SM wants to play a system that suits them, they’ll be surrounded by ambitious young “wonder kids” in a “Premiership” City, :bluescarf: with“Premiership” ground and training facilities :bluescarf: and of course “Premiership” supporters. :bluescarf: All sounds perfect until you factor in the “gang of 3” :?

BUT hope springs eternal :bluescarf: :ayatollah: