Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cody Drameh will be struggling for game time at Leeds United

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:25 pm

Cody Drameh will be struggling for game time at Leeds United next season with the arrival of Rasmus Kristensen expected when the window opens, according to The Athletic.

Drameh said in no uncertain terms that game time next term was extremely important for him next season, having come on leaps and bounds during his loan stint with the Bluebirds at the end of last season. His loan was so impressive, in fact, that he won both the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards.

The 20-year-old right-back spoke of the importance of seeking assurances over game time next term, saying: "I think game time for me is really important. You saw in January, if I'm not promised game time then I don't really want to be waiting around.

"As a player, everyone wants to play. If you're not in that mindset then I don't know why you're playing football. I want to play games, I'm very young but there are players in my age bracket who have already played 100 games! That's where I want to be."

Well, The Athletic believe that the signing of Kristensen will have a big impact on Drameh's season next year, writing that the expected arrival of Kristensen "doesn’t suggest he’ll get too much of a look-in back at Leeds next season".

Leeds will want him to play at a high level of football if Drameh goes out on loan again.

Where does that leave his future, one wonders? Well, a decision will have to be made very shortly on what his next steps are. Cardiff would have no hesitation in welcoming him back with open arms, that's for sure.

Re: Cody Drameh will be struggling for game time at Leeds Un

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:30 pm

This leaves Drameh 2nd choice at best and eventually 4th once Ayling and Dallas return from injury. Steve Cooper wanted him in January yet he came to us despite our relegation struggle at the time. I can't see Leeds letting him go to a potential rival like Forest so it would appear he's definitely Championship bound again. He enjoyed it immensely here, got his minutes and developed, so he knows the club and no risk to him. I'm hoping all this leads to his return here, it makes a lot of sense.

Re: Cody Drameh will be struggling for game time at Leeds Un

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:54 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:This leaves Drameh 2nd choice at best and eventually 4th once Ayling and Dallas return from injury. Steve Cooper wanted him in January yet he came to us despite our relegation struggle at the time. I can't see Leeds letting him go to a potential rival like Forest so it would appear he's definitely Championship bound again. He enjoyed it immensely here, got his minutes and developed, so he knows the club and no risk to him. I'm hoping all this leads to his return here, it makes a lot of sense.

He was a great player for us, fingers crossed Morrison can pursade him, they seemed to have a very good working relationship, I think he will be here :ayatollah: