Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How to watch Wales at the World Cup for a decent price

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:57 am

Qatar is unrealistic for most Wales fans to stay and travel by plane too as all the prices have gone through the roof. Five of us have booked to stay in Abu Dhabi and base ourselves there and Dubai. It's ten times cheaper and only an hr flight away to Doha. Internal flights about £200 each rtn but another option is to hire a luxury SUV for a £100 and do the 5 hr drive from Abu Dhabi to Doha. All Wales games are played in Doha, about 15 miles from the airport. There will be at least 2 500 fans allocated tickets but I anticipate another 2,500 going and easily getting tickets for the first two games.

You must apply for a Hayya Card if you are planning to attend a match at the World Cup. A Hayya Card is a form of Fan ID, which will be required to enter the country and attend matches during the tournament period. It will also provide free public transport access on match days.

Re: How to watch Wales at the World Cup for a decent price

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:07 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Qatar is unrealistic for most Wales fans to stay and travel by plane too as all the prices have gone through the roof. Five of us have booked to stay in Abu Dhabi and base ourselves there and Dubai. It's ten times cheaper and only an hr flight away to Doha. Internal flights about £200 each rtn but another option is to hire a luxury SUV for a £100 and do the 5 hr drive from Abu Dhabi to Doha. All Wales games are played in Doha, about 15 miles from the airport. There will be at least 2 500 fans allocated tickets but I anticipate another 2,500 going and easily getting tickets for the first two games.

You must apply for a Hayya Card if you are planning to attend a match at the World Cup. A Hayya Card is a form of Fan ID, which will be required to enter the country and attend matches during the tournament period. It will also provide free public transport access on match days.

How do you get these extra tickets? Basically you are saying book hotels & flights to Dubai then hopefully you can get tickets in Dubai that may or may not be available before you then get entry card ? As we know cant get into country without card cant get card without tickets? Good luck to anyone who get past the obstacles created by fifa/Qatar for genuine fans of all countries... this is going to be the most sterile boring world cup ever for fans and teams. :roll:

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:16 am

Yes mate - Don't panic about not getting tickets for the first two games. Booked everything bar tickets and you will get some. If you are a Red Wall member you have a very good chance of getting tickets that way but don't worry if not. There are many yanks in the UAE etc.. who may go to our first game but you will get tickets either online or over there. There are 25% of the stadium full of corporates and local money men but there is no way you wont get tickets for USA and IRAN games. ENGLAND game is a different story though unless you want to pay £500 a ticket. I fly back before that game anyway. If we qualify after the first two games though and other mates decide to come I will stay there for the group match.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:28 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Yes mate - Don't panic about not getting tickets for the first two games. Booked everything bar tickets and you will get some. If you are a Red Wall member you have a very good chance of getting tickets that way but don't worry if not. There are many yanks in the UAE etc.. who may go to our first game but you will get tickets either online or over there. There are 25% of the stadium full of corporates and local money men but there is no way you wont get tickets for USA and IRAN games. ENGLAND game is a different story though unless you want to pay £500 a ticket. I fly back before that game anyway. If we qualify after the first two games though and other mates decide to come I will stay there for the group match.

Wong panic but given way Qatar and fifa have stitched up fans find it hard to believe that tickets will appear from people in Dubai? Besides cooperate tickets the rest are for Qatar citizens..... if stadiums were 70k capacity tend to agree but they're not tbh the logistics of getting spare tickets from outside Qatar makes it a big financial risk many wont be prepared to take.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:07 pm

If you drive don’t you have to go via Saudi and all the issues that may bring like Visa’s etc Just asking as i don’t know

Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Abergavenny wrote:If you drive don’t you have to go via Saudi and all the issues that may bring like Visa’s etc Just asking as i don’t know

Saudi Arabia is the last place you want to go through given their animosity towards Qatar... in fact it's been advised not to go near there.

Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:42 pm

Not sure who’s advising you but it couldn’t be further from the truth for the World Cup.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:15 pm

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Not sure who’s advising you but it couldn’t be further from the truth for the World Cup.

You won't get tickets locally at all whatsoever as you cant enter the country without one!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:20 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:Not sure who’s advising you but it couldn’t be further from the truth for the World Cup.

You won't get tickets locally at all whatsoever as you cant enter the country without one!

Not sure why people think can get tickets out there as you cannot transfer them from person to person.... and as you cannot get into Qatar without one what on earth makes people think can get one in another country when all fans in same boat regarding tickets... :o