Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunderland have registered their interest in signing winger

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:34 pm

Sunderland have registered their interest in signing winger Josh Murphy, who is available on a free.

Re: Sunderland have registered their interest in signing win

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:27 pm

Good Luck with that one - At least he will be closer to his brother ;)

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:02 am

Had chance after chance under a number of different managers.

Could be a good player but fed up of waiting for it to happen.

Won't be disappointed

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:09 am

Wasn’t Neil his manager at Norwich when he produced arguably his best form?

Like Vaulks and Flint l, I’m very 50/50 on letting Murphy go. Think we all know he’s a cracking player on his day but getting him upto those levels and keeping him there is a completely different story. If he finds a manager that can do that then good luck to him.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:07 am

Murphy was to me a real let down and had chance after chance

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:06 am

I was delighted with the signing of Murphy, through it was great value for money being a quality young player with potential sell on value. Just didn’t work out but I don’t blame warnoxk for signing him. Exactly the same thoughts on Bobby Reid thought they were both great business at the time.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:48 pm

The majority of players still here and the new ones in are, arguably, still to realise their full “potential”, so far SM has shown that bringing this out in players is one of his strengths. Murphy certainly hasn’t reached his! As a believer in “never say never”, what better chance will he have than here, old guard gone, a “clean sheet” environment, maybe just maybe SM could bring the Premiership player out of him!