Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:22 am

Gareth Bale will make a decision on his club future after going on holiday following the current international break.

The 32-year-old is a free agent after being released by Real Madrid and has been linked with a raft of clubs of late, including Cardiff City. Wales' World Cup qualification means Bale is now eager to find a new club in a bid to ensure he is in peak condition for the Qatar tournament later this year.

And while he confirmed he has not yet made a decision on where his club future lies, the Wales captain ruled out a switch to Getafe following claims that the Spanish outfit had held talks with his representatives.

GARETH BALE:

"I just want to be playing going into the World Cup to be as fit as I can," said Bale. "I think I heard the manager saying ideally he wants everybody to be playing, and everybody wants to be playing.

"Hopefully I can enjoy my holiday and then decide where I want to be and what I want to do to try and play games to be as fit as I can for the World Cup. Once I get back into playing regular football, my body will get more robust and a bit better.

"It's very difficult when you're in and out of a team to get a rhythm in terms of your fitness and health. Any player will tell you, playing week-in week-out, your body becomes more robust, you get used to it and you get fitter by doing that. I just need to play games and I'll be good to go.

"I guess whoever I go to it'll be a win-win because hopefully I'll be playing well and getting myself ready. Once these internationals are over, I'll have plenty of time to go on holiday and decide my future then." And when asked if he was on the brink of a decision, Bale responded: "No. But I'm not going to Getafe that's for sure."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gareth Bale:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:34 am

And he deserves that. Let the bloke enjoy his time off and take his time.

... we all know who he'll choose! Bluebirds!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:36 am

Does this mean he’s talked to Cardiff and will give decision on his return? Hopefully yes. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:38 am

Definitive proof that Getafe is not where he'll end up. Bale and his agent have both said that he won't be going there.

He wants to be playing in the UK.

Us or Newcastle seem the likely options.

He can do it on his terms with us, I doubt they'd let that happen at Newcastle.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:46 am

When he said definitely not getafe rob Phillips said that will please city fans he mumbled a reply Wonder what it was? :D

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:50 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Definitive proof that Getafe is not where he'll end up. Bale and his agent have both said that he won't be going there.

He wants to be playing in the UK.

Us or Newcastle seem the likely options.

He can do it on his terms with us, I doubt they'd let that happen at Newcastle.

He also said he wants to be playing ‘week in week out’, something we could sort b

Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:06 am

What this tells me is Morison has to build a competitive squad no matter whether he comes or not.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:36 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:What this tells me is Morison has to build a competitive squad no matter whether he comes or not.

So true am I the only one worried about Bale\Rambogate over shadowing the real task ahead of a young, new side being developed.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:11 am

New Day Rising wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:What this tells me is Morison has to build a competitive squad no matter whether he comes or not.

So true am I the only one worried about Bale\Rambogate over shadowing the real task ahead of a young, new side being developed.

I'm the opposite. Having world class experience around youth would only benefit the youngsters.
Main reason the top clubs youngsters excel at the beginning of their careers.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:25 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

I'm the opposite. Having world class experience around youth would only benefit the youngsters.

Yes indeed; just look at Gareth's positive influence on the Wales youngsters :clap:

How can his (currently potential) arrival at the club be seen as anything but a coup and a positive in these otherwise largely tough times? :thumbright:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:04 am

I was amused by Gareths comment that he will decide on his future after a holiday and we'll earned rest, With the greatest of respect he hasent played a lot of football over the past year so he must be tired having played so much golf. I would love to see him sign for us but it seems he likes to keep everyone in suspence. We will have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it's us he signs for. I wonder if its a Golfing holiday he's going on?

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:16 am

MikeP wrote:I was amused by Gareths comment that he will decide on his future after a holiday and we'll earned rest, With the greatest of respect he hasent played a lot of football over the past year so he must be tired having played so much golf. I would love to see him sign for us but it seems he likes to keep everyone in suspence. We will have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it's us he signs for. I wonder if its a Golfing holiday he's going on?

It is my understanding that the broad decision has been made but there are still loose ends to tie up

I just wonder if part of the delay is linked to his Real Madrid contract not officially endung until 30th June?

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:33 am

Bale still odd on to join us and the odds are now lengthening even for the bookies second favourite. Strange Getafe are still in there even despite Bale discounting it. If he does join, It will definitely have a further positive influence on Doyle and Drameh returning and attract more quality recruits. The effect he'd have on the youngsters and whole team would be significant, just as he's done with the wales squad, players raising their game and playing for the shirt.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:35 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:

I agree, he’ll not only be a good influence on the youngsters but there will be plenty of established players who would like to be at the same club as him.

It could really help with loans if we can offer the opportunity for them to train and play with someone like Bale/Ramsey.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:38 pm

They waiting for the launch of the new kit

Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:56 pm

MikeP wrote:I was amused by Gareths comment that he will decide on his future after a holiday and we'll earned rest, With the greatest of respect he hasent played a lot of football over the past year so he must be tired having played so much golf. I would love to see him sign for us but it seems he likes to keep everyone in suspence. We will have to keep our fingers crossed and hope it's us he signs for. I wonder if its a Golfing holiday he's going on?

He might of not got minutes on the pitch 90 mins etc but he's trained most of the year also was sat on the bench alot with real last season as a unused sub .

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:13 pm

I think he will have already sorted in his kind which club he is going to join.
Just wants to have his family holiday without all the media attention .
I don’t think he will choose Cardiff.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:16 pm

Bonner wrote:I think he will have already sorted in his kind which club he is going to join.
Just wants to have his family holiday without all the media attention .
I don’t think he will choose Cardiff.

I agree mate but I DO think he’ll choose Cardiff. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:22 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Bale still odd on to join us and the odds are now lengthening even for the bookies second favourite. Strange Getafe are still in there even despite Bale discounting it. If he does join, It will definitely have a further positive influence on Doyle and Drameh returning and attract more quality recruits. The effect he'd have on the youngsters and whole team would be significant, just as he's done with the wales squad, players raising their game and playing for the shirt.

Agree, Paul :thumbup:

The Getafe link is surely a red herring and he surely won't go to a club who prioritise themselves over his short-term needs?

Cardiff City FC is perfect for him right now...

His home is here the FAW is here, we have some of the best golf courses :laughing6: , a club where he will be truly loved, where his immediate needs are understood and accepted :D

Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Bale still odd on to join us and the odds are now lengthening even for the bookies second favourite. Strange Getafe are still in there even despite Bale discounting it. If he does join, It will definitely have a further positive influence on Doyle and Drameh returning and attract more quality recruits. The effect he'd have on the youngsters and whole team would be significant, just as he's done with the wales squad, players raising their game and playing for the shirt.

Agree, Paul :thumbup:

The Getafe link is surely a red herring and he surely won't go to a club who prioritise themselves over his short-term needs?

Cardiff City FC is perfect for him right now...

His home is here the FAW is here, we have some of the best golf courses :laughing6: , a club where he will be truly loved, where his immediate needs are understood and accepted :D

It's never done until its done mate but it just makes sense on every level for both parties, if it happens, I really think it will have a significant effect across the club as a whole.
:thumbup: :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:47 pm

I've read that now AS Roma have been offered his services by his representatives.

Another club with some shirts and Season Tickets to sell tomorrow?

Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:56 pm

At the moment it's all just clubs throwing his name around to sell a few season tickets & get their name out there. Believe nothing until he or his agent say otherwise are my thoughts on the subject.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:26 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:At the moment it's all just clubs throwing his name around to sell a few season tickets & get their name out there. Believe nothing until he or his agent say otherwise are my thoughts on the subject.

Very wise.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:20 pm

His agent certainly as not been offering his services why should they when clubs will be clambering to get his signature no need to go to anyone... only club that his agent hasnt supposedly approached is city yet they're favourites to sign him wonder why that is?