Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FIFA tickets proving too expensive

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:23 am

Tickets and travel is costing between £2,000 economy up to £6000 and anything in between for a 10 day trip to a desert with some fancy buidings by a port without the normal festival of football experience on offer.

Figures obtained by The Times show the FA has sold 2,379 tickets for the Iran match at the Khalifa International Stadium on November 21, out of an allocation of 2,489. It has sold considerably more — 3,330 — for the England v USA game on November 25 but some way short of the allocation of 4,158 for the match in the 60,000-capacity Al Bayt Stadium. All 2,339 tickets for England v Wales on November 29 have been sold with another 1,005 requests and the FA is working with Fifa to see if more can be obtained.

The cheapest tickets for England fans for a World Cup match start at £53 up to £1,352 for a category A seat at the final. If England were to reach the final, the cost of tickets would be at least £1,221 for supporters to go to all seven games. Ticket sales are notably higher than for England’s matches at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, where fewer than 2,000 tickets were sold by the FA for the team’s opening game against Tunisia in Volgograd.

Re: FIFA tickets proving too expensive

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:47 am

do you know when faw will put our tickets up for sale and what the criteria will be paul

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:48 am

Ironically, if corrupt FIFA hadn't enriched themselves with oil money, the World Cup would have kicked off yesterday as opposed to the ridiculous winter date.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:16 pm

spikey wrote:do you know when faw will put our tickets up for sale and what the criteria will be paul

They met yesterday and will let me know soon, but basing it on the facts I know we have a guarantee of 2,339 tickets and here was the criteria for that many tickets when Holland was announced.

So working on that everyone who has been to 3 or more away games should get one, plus the fact many of them that qualify wont be able to go due to the rediculous prices its costing.

Theese are just my thoughts and based on what I know but in no way are they guaranteed, just a guide for you

How the FAW sold the Holland tickets

The FAW has an allocation of approx. 2,300 tickets for this match. Tickets in the Wales end are priced at £27. A small number of category 1 tickets are also available at £58. As usual for away matches, tickets are sold on a one ticket per member basis, subject to the FAW’s loyalty scheme. Tickets will go on sale in the following stages (please note, stages 3 and 4 are subject to availability):

Ticket Sales - Stage 1
10am Tuesday 17th May – 9:30am Wednesday 18th May.

Eligible members must have:

2020-22 Red Wall Adult or Junior Membership*
PLUS
Any 3 of the previous 12 away qualifying/friendly matches played in front of away supporters on their booking history
All members who qualify for stage 1 are guaranteed a ticket provided they book before the end of the stage. Approx. 1,960 supporters are eligible during this stage.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:44 pm

The whole thing is a joke

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:19 pm

10 days in the sun watch in a bar is the cheapest option

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:45 pm

I'm thinking Tenerife in November , plenty of bars and cheap beer ;)

Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:06 pm

nojac wrote:I'm thinking Tenerife in November , plenty of bars and cheap beer ;)

Lots doing that