Former Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd says he doubts whether

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:14 pm

Former Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd says he doubts whether Gareth Bale is suited to Championship football. The Wales skipper, 32, is a free agent after his contract with Real Madrid elapsed. The Bluebirds have been heavily tipped to sign Bale on a short-term deal this summer, with the attacker setting his sights on the World Cup later this year.

Bale revealed on Friday that he would make a decision on his future when he returns from holiday after Wales' Nations League campaign ends. But Bothroyd sees a move to the Championship as problematic, believing he would be better suited to a Premier League switch.

READ MORE: Gareth Bale reveals when he'll decide his next move as he categorically rules out club

"I think it will be more difficult for him to play in the Champ than it would playing in the Prem," he said on talkSPORT on Friday night. "Obviously, he's great player, he's done fantastic at Real Madrid and he done fantastic at Tottenham. But I think going down to the Championship is not for him. I think it would be really difficult for him to perform and get the best out of himself.

"I can see him coming back to somewhere like Tottenham, to be honest. The last time he was here, he done fantastic. He scored goals."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Former Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd says he doubts wheth

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:28 pm

I was wondering how long this would take and it seems Bothroyd is first.

Of course Bale can play well in the Championship, he successfully moved from the Premier League to La Liga - they are two totally different leagues.

He still has a bit of pace, he can pass, he can cross, he can take set pieces and of course he can score goals. All of those are crucial attributes in the Championship.

But most importantly he's a leader.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I was wondering how long this would take and it seems Bothroyd is first.

Of course Bale can play well in the Championship, he successfully moved from the Premier League to La Liga - they are two totally different leagues.

He still has a bit of pace, he can pass, he can cross, he can take set pieces and of course he can score goals. All of those are crucial attributes in the Championship.

But most importantly he's a leader.

Ex city players seem to be advising him to go elsewhere! While non city players seem to say be good fit given what he wants.. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:20 pm

its very much a different division since Jay left. Most were still playing 442. Physicality is almost being ref'd out
llan bluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:47 pm

Didn't he play along side Bellamy.............
bluebird7291

Postby CantonStandBob » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:50 pm

You would think that any ex-player who loved Cardiff like Jay makes out would know how big this would be and fully back it or keep their stupid beaks out. Jay needs to keep his beak out, Bale is 1000 times tougher than he is anyway, you would never see him crying off like Jay did in the Playoff final.
Stick to the J League Jay, the Championship has moved on since you were here.
CantonStandBob

Return to General Chat