Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale says he knows the destination:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:04 am

Gareth Bale says he knows the destinations for his next move as the free agent prepared for a summer switch ahead of the World Cup.

The Wales star has just been released by Real Madrid but needs to find himself a new club to ensure he can be at peak condition for international duty in Qatar later this year. Cardiff City are among the clubs interested in securing the services of the Wales captain - who last week ruled out a move to Getafe.

Monday 13th June 2021

GARETH BALE:

And speaking ahead of his side's Nations League clash with Netherlands, Bale admitted he isn't overly concerned about which level he next plies his trade at given his quality. "I haven't really thought too much about that," he said.

"It's something I guess I need to sit down and go through, not just with my family, but with the manager here [Rob Page], with the physios here that we use, to see what would give me the best chance of being fit come November and December.

"I don't really know if the standard makes too much of a difference. A football game is a football game. I feel like I'll never really lose my quality on the ball. I guess it's a conversation to be had.

"I haven't really looked at everything yet. I know possible destinations but it's something I need to sit down, first and foremost with my family, and then I need to speak with managers and physios and decide what's best for myself.

"I don't have a time scale. I need time to think what's the best move for me, my family, my kids and hopefully we'll sort that over the summer. I have options."

And when asked if the Bluebirds were an option, Bale responded: "I can't really say."

Bale played just 20 minutes of football for Real Madrid between Wales' 2-1 win over Austria in March and their 1-0 success against Ukraine earlier this month. However, he has featured in three of the Red Dragons' four fixtures in June so far while he is in contention to turn out against Netherlands in Rotterdam on Tuesday night.

Get your Wales World Cup 48-page souvenir special. Order your copy via the online shop here.
And Bale believes his current performances under Rob Page prove the perception of his lack of fitness during the latter stages of his time in Madrid to be false.

"Ideally I would have had more games coming in [to camp] so I would have been even fitter and not had to recover as much as I am at the moment," he explained. "I've been available for quite a lot of the games in Spain, sometimes you just don't get picked so people assume that you're injured.

"It's that kind of perception, people think I play a lot of golf and I actually don't. People think I'm injured a lot, but I'm actually not. I feel OK. I'll patch myself up and go again."

Netherlands v Wales gets underway at 7:45pm on Tuesday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gareth Bale says he knows the destination:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:16 am

What he is saying gives a big indication that playing in championship is not a concern for him? Wonder how much his wife's influence as on where he goes next?

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:19 am

Well, he said he knows "possible destinations" plural.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:What he is saying gives a big indication that playing in championship is not a concern for him? Wonder how much his wife's influence as on where he goes next?

Pub chat, a friend asked Bale's wife whether it was worth him buying a CCFC season ticket for next season and she said yes. Take from that what you wish it's just chat :bluescarf:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What he is saying gives a big indication that playing in championship is not a concern for him? Wonder how much his wife's influence as on where he goes next?

Pub chat, a friend asked Bale's wife whether it was worth him buying a CCFC season ticket for next season and she said yes. Take from that what you wish it's just chat :bluescarf:

Think be good idea to ut a bet on city for promotion before odds drop? :D

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:31 am

:lol:
pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:37 am

FOOTSOLDIER wrote::lol:
pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:

Despite our wishful thinking theres been nothing tangible to say he's actually signing for anyone else .... said before all other clubs mentioned is pure fishing by journalists ..... but city been the one constant mentioned by all journalists.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote::lol:
pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:

Despite our wishful thinking theres been nothing tangible to say he's actually signing for anyone else .... said before all other clubs mentioned is pure fishing by journalists ..... but city been the one constant mentioned by all journalists.

Exactly.
There’s one or two clues in the interview that it’ll be CCFC.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:52 am

Reading beyween the lines, he isn't denying we are a potential destination; just that he hasn't had that conversation (with the Bluebirds hierarchy) yet

His family are very important to him, as is his Wales legacy at the World Cup, so a little more patience is required

But these are potentially exciting times to be a Bluebird and we all want to know yesterday! :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 am

Here is a quote taken from BBC Sport:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784088

"I will sort it out in the summer. I don't have a timescale, I just need to think about what the best move is for me, for my family, for my kids and hopefully we will sort that out over the summer."

I think the underlined is critical to Bale and gives me more than just hope, it just seems a great fit for all concerned. :bluebird:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:59 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Here is a quote taken from BBC Sport:

"I will sort it out in the summer. I don't have a timescale, I just need to think about what the best move is for me, for my family, for my kids and hopefully we will sort that out over the summer."

I think the underlined is critical to Bale and gives me more than just hope, it just seems a great fit for all concerned. :bluebird:

Jim, that's where I am at on this... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Sven wrote:

Radio Wales say hes got several Cubs interested wit Dalman leading negotiations and GB as not dismissed playing for city! Talk about tantalising fans.. :D :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Radio Wales say hes got several Cubs interested wit Dalman leading negotiations and GB as not dismissed playing for city! Talk about tantalising fans.. :D :mrgreen:

Allan, tantalising it is!

It's all a game whilst he irons things out and whilst most clubs would want his services, I believe his mind is made up to come home to Dinas Caerdydd with his family

It's not cut and dried yet though; it's for the club to help facilitate that, make him feel truly wanted and once that is done, the (bulk of) supporters will confirm that in spades! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:25 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

It's all a game whilst he irons things out and whilst most clubs would want his services, I believe his mind is made up to come home to Dinas Caerdydd with his family

It's not cut and dried yet though; it's for the club to help facilitate that, make him feel truly wanted and once that is done, the (bulk of) supporters will confirm that in spades! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

I agree Chris.
Think he’s the sort of bloke who’s given his word with everything Pretty much sorted. Just wants a few weeks without the hassle

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:30 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris think the article about Roma is typical of what's been happening? When was this so called conversation with his agent taken place... GB knew where was going
ages ago so why would his agent contract anyone else? Many clubs want him but they know he is going to another club and are vainly trying to persuade him otherwise..... let's hope city don't do anything stupid to stop it happening. :D

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris think the article about Roma is typical of what's been happening? When was this so called conversation with his agent taken place... GB knew where was going
ages ago so why would his agent contract anyone else? Many clubs want him but they know he is going to another club and are vainly trying to persuade him otherwise..... let's hope city don't do anything stupid to stop it happening. :D

I wouldn't put it past his agent to tout Bale around, they are not gonna earn much from a move to Cardiff.

They may be hoping one of the clubs they speak to will be of interest to GB and turn his head.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:53 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

I wouldn't put it past his agent to tout Bale around, they are not gonna earn much from a move to Cardiff.

They may be hoping one of the clubs they speak to will be of interest to GB and turn his head.

Understand where you’re coming from but I think GB is a strong personality who knows what he wants and his agent has done well enough out of him so far. Don’t think it’ll be an issue tbh mate.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:58 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Understand where you’re coming from but I think GB is a strong personality who knows what he wants and his agent has done well enough out of him so far. Don’t think it’ll be an issue tbh mate.

No chance he is going to go somewhere just to line agents pocket this move is all about what he and his wife in particular want?
We all know number of clubs want him but when asked if going to city he said I cant say?? Why not simply say they are amongst several options I'm reconsidering after all it's not exactly a secret regarding city.. :D

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:18 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think Jonathan Barnett has made enough money from his association with Gareth Bale to afford him the opportunity to 'come home' to Cardiff, as is his (and maybe more importantly) family's :thumbright:

Gareth reportedly has a good relationship with his agent and knows his own mind, so the two will work tigether in Gareth's best interests

To date, no denials (to the many reports) have been made and I honestly believe we would have had the courtesy and respect to have been told "Sorry, Bluebirds but it won't be you" rather than string us along

Only time will tell but I believe we are in with a very good shout; although I never take anything for granted at our club (Tan or no Tan) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think Jonathan Barnett has made enough money from his association with Gareth Bale to afford him the opportunity to 'come home' to Cardiff, as is his (and maybe more importantly) family's :thumbright:

Gareth reportedly has a good relationship with his agent and knows his own mind, so the two will work tigether in Gareth's best interests

To date, no denials (to the many reports) have been made and I honestly believe we would have had the courtesy and respect to have been told "Sorry, Bluebirds but it won't be you" rather than string us along

Only time will tell but I believe we are in with a very good shout; although I never take anything for granted at our club (Tan or no Tan) :ayatollah:

He (Gareth Bale) also said today that the level he plays at is not a major issue and apart from (the obvious) discussions with his family, he would be consulting with his (Wales) manager and medical staffs to see what the best options are for his fitness and well-being ahead of the World Cup

For so many practical reasons, that cries out 'Cardiff City FC' all day long... :notworthy: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:52 pm

Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

He (Gareth Bale) also said today that the level he plays at is not a major issue and apart from (the obvious) discussions with his family, he would be consulting with his (Wales) manager and medical staffs to see what the best options are for his fitness and well-being ahead of the World Cup

For so many practical reasons, that cries out 'Cardiff City FC' all day long... :notworthy: :ayatollah:

Didn't page advocate coming city the other week and surely his mrs wants to be settled in Cardiff for the kids and herself? :D

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:28 pm

Sven wrote:I honestly believe we would have had the courtesy and respect to have been told "Sorry, Bluebirds but it won't be you" rather than string us along

This is absolutely what gives me the most belief that it will happen.

They know the excited anticipation that is out there and I CANNOT believe they would not put us out of our misery sooner if it was not happening.

They did it to Getafe. :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:44 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Sven wrote:I honestly believe we would have had the courtesy and respect to have been told "Sorry, Bluebirds but it won't be you" rather than string us along

This is absolutely what gives me the most belief that it will happen.

They know the excited anticipation that is out there and I CANNOT believe they would not put us out of our misery sooner if it was not happening.

They did it to Getafe. :lol:

Actually thats a great point, I agree :thumbup:

He's coming home..................

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm

We won't know until he comes back from his holiday.

All the signs do appear to suggest he's coming to Cardiff City, but trying to not get my hopes too high that he will sign for us - just in case he goes elsewhere.

I can't see him going abroad again as he wants to be closer to his family. Us or Newcastle would seem the most logical.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We won't know until he comes back from his holiday.

All the signs do appear to suggest he's coming to Cardiff City, but trying to not get my hopes too high that he will sign for us - just in case he goes elsewhere.

I can't see him going abroad again as he wants to be closer to his family. Us or Newcastle would seem the most logical.

Ned can see why you say Newcastle but to me they're in transition and where would GB fit into the plans as surely lots coming and going before start season? We know it's not for the money so would he get the playing time he requires as according to him he wants consistent time on pitch something city can give him will others do same?

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:19 pm

Another quote attributed to him is standard of club doesn't matter to him ? More and more intriguing... :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:19 pm

I've said elsewhere, if wages are an issue in the slightest, just offer a big promotion bonus :thumbright:

This is a golden ticket opportunity for the club that may finally be the catalyst to get us in the big time. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:22 pm

NPCF3 wrote:I've said elsewhere, if wages are an issue in the slightest, just offer a big promotion bonus :thumbright:

This is a golden ticket opportunity for the club that may finally be the catalyst to get us in the big time. :ayatollah:

Wages not an issue said so himself.. now as I just put up quality of club doesn't matter either funny how we fit the bill perfectly.. :laughing6:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Another quote attributed to him is standard of club doesn't matter to him ? More and more intriguing... :mrgreen:

Sorry, it is just so funny that we are quite happy to be classed as a lesser quality club because Gareth Bale may be talking about us.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Another quote attributed to him is standard of club doesn't matter to him ? More and more intriguing... :mrgreen:

Sorry, it is just so funny that we are quite happy to be classed as a lesser quality club because Gareth Bale may be talking about us.

Think you'll find the quote is in relevance to he doesn't necessarily needs to play in premier league or other top European league.... in that respect we are lesser quality so is the championship. :occasion5: