Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gareth Bale asked directly for first time whether Cardiff Ci

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:32 pm

Gareth Bale asked directly for first time whether Cardiff City is an option for him this summer.

Smiles and says: “I can’t really say”

“I know possible destinations but it’s something I need to sit down and discuss with my family”

Re: Gareth Bale asked directly for first time whether Cardif

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Could have simply said they are one of several options I have Because every man and his dog know city are in with a chance so why not just say so? Or is he saying I'm going there but cant say for logistical reasons mainly timing of announcement ? :thumbup:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Could have simply said they are one of several options I have Because every man and his dog know city are in with a chance so why not just say so? Or is he saying I'm going there but cant say for logistical reasons mainly timing of announcement ? :thumbup:

Maybe an announcement with new owners?

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Could have simply said they are one of several options I have Because every man and his dog know city are in with a chance so why not just say so? Or is he saying I'm going there but cant say for logistical reasons mainly timing of announcement ? :thumbup:

Wez could be and also new kit announced at same time?

Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

On the new grass. :lol:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Apparently quality of club doesn't matter to him.... :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

That’s our trump card :thumbup:

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:55 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

This surely is biggest indicator where hes going as there cannot be another championship club for him... and he doesn't necessarily want to play in premier league or other European clubs.. seems like more and more snippets of where hes going are coming out. :D

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

This surely is biggest indicator where hes going as there cannot be another championship club for him... and he doesn't necessarily want to play in premier league or other European clubs.. seems like more and more snippets of where hes going are coming out. :D

Joking aside, 100% agree.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:36 pm

'I need more game time'

Bale says the key aspect for him is ensuring he is in peak physical condition for the World Cup at the end of the year.

"I haven't really looked at everything yet. I know possible destinations," he told BBC Sport Wales.

"I don't know if the standard makes too much difference, I am confident I will never lose my quality on the ball.

"I need more game time. I have been available for quite a lot of the games in Spain but I didn't get picked so people assumed I was injured.

"It's that perception. People think I play a lot of golf when I actually don't, people think I'm injured a lot but I'm actually not. The press tend to write a lot of things that aren't accurate and people believe it and it creates a narrative."

The former Tottenham Hotspur forward says he is in no rush to make a decision on his future.

Asked whether he knew where he was going, Bale responded: "I know I'm going on holiday. There's been no time to even think about it, with so many games coming thick and fast and no time to recover.

"I will sort it out in the summer. I don't have a timescale, I just need to think about what the best move is for me, for my family, for my kids and hopefully we will sort that out over the summer."